Phyllis Wagner

Would you let yourself get killed in a gruesome way for integrity?

13 posts in this topic

Like the Braveheart scene (described in the latest video).

Other examples:

- Jesus 

- Joan D'Arc 

- Seneca

If it came face to face, would you do it? I guess most would rather play word games to survive. Is this something to be ashamed to about?

Edited by Phyllis Wagner

I think it can be very difficult to distinguish real integrity from mere pride in such a situation. 

So it really depends on the situation, but I think in most cases I wouldn't let myself get killed.

I'm not even nearly as spiritually or personally developed as Jesus or Gandhi to actually consider being an "integrity-martyr", so my answer is: no.

It depends on the level of consciousness I would be in at the given time. If we’re considering this moment, no I don’t think I would. What are they killing me for? How would my death in any way further my own highest values? I can still pursue my highest values in this life with much more room to improve. I’m not in a rush to end this current version of experience. In full God Consciousness at the time, I’d probably allow it as I am then conscious that nothing is to be feared as it’s all just Me created in service of Me. In this moment I still have plenty of ego attachment. This is why I would likely go against it. 

If it came to be that I had the choice to denounce spirituality or die in a public execution, I’d probably be fine with death although I’d hope for it to be swift unless I was in a radically heightened state of consciousness. 

Ultimately, one of my primary desires is for the ego to be completely eradicated. The destruction of the physical body only serves my higher goal. My degree of consciousness at any given moment alters how much I am to be in acceptance of the notion of physical death of this character. Low consciousness, death matters. High consciousness, it matters less. Infinite consciousness, it is of no concern at any Absolute level. 

"All that matters for the ecstatic is that the Unique should reduce him to Unity" -Mansur Al-Hallaj’s final words as he was publicly executed 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

If due to your integrity manage to loose your head there is no way back!

People with high integrity are also highly idealistic, their life doesn't matter anymore for them when their integrity moved millions their death is the cherry on the pie

1659482830_42231fb724_b.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

At this point in life I will lose my integrity if it's very painful. If it's a quick painless death, I might go through with it but, 99% chance is I won't. 

I want to say Yes But i truly don't know.. I certainly would try though...

I am existentially Terrified of extreme pain. The worst thing that could happen to me is if i was abducted by a Mexican cartel, tortured and decapitated while someone was videotaping the entire thing.

I made the mistake many years ago to watch some gore videos on the internet. After watching some of these videos you can never really be the same again. You have seen something so brutal and terrifying that is beyond the scope of your ordinary experience. I remember one time one poor guy was decapitated while the blade wasn't sharp enough and it took forever (sorry for if i am disturbing your peace of mind, i just want to share, express so i can feel better).

The problem i have with God is that he is capabale of exteme levels of suffering and pain. Frightening~!!!

Edited by SQAAD

Ha, everyone in here is acting like they know what integrity is after watching Leo's two hour video on it, but I doubt you really know. We all might need a little pop quiz to check information retention rate. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I want to say Yes But i truly don't know.. I certainly would try though...

I am existentially Terrified of extreme pain. The worst thing that could happen to me is if i was abducted by a Mexican cartel, tortured and decapitated while someone was videotaping the entire thing.

I made the mistake many years ago to watch some gore videos on the internet. After watching some of these videos you can never really be the same again. You have seen something so brutal and terrifying that is beyond the scope of your ordinary experience. I remember one time one poor guy was decapitated while the blade wasn't sharp enough and it took forever (sorry for if i am disturbing your peace of mind, i just want to share, express so i can feel better).

The problem i have with God is that he is capabale of exteme levels of suffering and pain. Frightening~!!!

Honestly you might have to get high enough on some shrooms, or DMT where it doesn't bug you too much. If you get high enough on acid it might not be as mentally disturbing. Got to feel for that guy though, that's a terrible way to go. Everything we do, we will do it for that man who fault valiantly for our freedom against the cartels. Everyday I work my ass off not for me, but for you and the people who have died to keep America free of sovereignty. People like the Mexican drug lords, Vladimir Putin, Jim Jung Un, have no place in the home of the brave, land of the free. I just wish they would've pumped him full of morphine so he didn't feel the pain. The reason this bullshit happens is the exact reason that the United States exists, for the justice and love of all people. "E Pluribus Unum" 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Meta-Man I always wonder if this monk was hurting, burning is one of the most painful ways to go I don't think you would be able to sit still just by suppressing it. It's one thing to take a quick bullet to the head for your ideals but the levels of suffering possible are crazy. I think most people fear a painful death more than death itself. 

On 13-4-2021 at 9:28 PM, Phyllis Wagner said:

Like the Braveheart scene (described in the latest video).

Other examples:

- Jesus 

- Joan D'Arc 

- Seneca

If it came face to face, would you do it? I guess most would rather play word games to survive. Is this something to be ashamed to about?

No. I'm an egoistic fucker.

In Tate we trust

@SQAAD I’ve had a similar experience as you watching videos when I was younger and contemplating painful death and torture. I’ve also suffered with chronic pain for a long time so it’s been a theme in my life. The most productive answer I have struck upon is that the degree of suffering and fear of suffering is a sign, or result of your level conciousness. To clarify, why is dismemberment, torture, burning so terrifying? Well, it’s painful, sure. I could be wrong here but think that deep down pain itself, in fact all sensation is neutral. Depending on your level of conciousness, sensation is just sensation and it doesn’t have to be negative or positive. The reason things are painful is because they are destroying us and hurting our surivival. Burning to death is so painful because your body is literally withering away and your ability to survive is decreasing with every moment. This is my explanation for why these martyr figures can do what they do. They are so conscious that they are able to let go of survival, the body and life itself and allow the experience in without judging it as negative or fearful. So, this is my explanation for why god allows these things. Of course god loves everything and reality includes everything. Reality would not be full and complete without these things being part of the spectrum. But we are not doomed to suffer horribly if kidnapped by Mexican cartel, as long as we are able to detach and come closer to god conciousness, the experiences that caused suffering and terror before are transformed into just raw experience with no label good or bad.