Don_Avocado

First Experience:12mg 5-meo-dmt (insufflated)

26 posts in this topic

@Travis @Feeble Dave Hey guys. Correct, no real prior experience with any psychedelics. The only significant experience I have had before was drugs was weed (2-3 years regular smoking)... obviously this did in no way prepare me for this.

Like I mention in my initial post, I am in this purely to supplement my meditation practice; I had never considered psychedelics a genuine aid to this practice (always associated psychedelics with hallucinations etc). Leo'a video changed this for me; as I started looking into it this was the first time I learned about the "void" etc. in literature... this was a bit of an "aha" moment for me... I actually had experienced this state in meditation in January 2016 (discussed in original post).

For me personally, my strict meditation practice as well as contemplative nonduality reading was my only preparation. At this point in my practice, I know what it is to let go... all those reservations you have in your head about the drug are just that. I think if you were ready, you'd have a gut feel - if that makes sense. Having experienced the boundaries of my body fade in meditation, and my awareness expand, gave me a lot of confidence when reading the trip reports... i can't say I've experimented with higher doses yet (and probably won't be for a few weeks), nor can I say I've optimised my snorting technique (Leo's post above), but still what I experienced on 12mg was similar (as predicted) to that which I had experienced in meditation.

One worry I did have though was that I'd slip into an unconscious where maybe I'd start shouting or screaming or something ridiculous like you read in the bad trip reports. To mitigate this worry, I did this in an empty detached house, in the middle of the night (I feel calmest around the ). In lieu of an experienced trip sitter, I did this alone.

My advice; be patient - don't rush into doing it. Find somewhere where you can feel cosy, comfortable, warm, safe and secure. Put your mind to rest as best you can. Get an accurate set of mg scales. Start with a very small dose 1-2mg. Then 5mg. Then 10mg. Don't jump straight into the heavy weights just in case!! Once it's snorted be ready to say "fuck it, I've done it, let's go with whatever happens". Let whatever you experience happen. Have a sick bucket ready just in case... :). Prepare, but at the same time don't stress yourself out about it. If you start off at the shallow end and go into this with some maturity, I'm sure you will be OK.

A good and consistent meditation practice and donduality contemplative work is your best long-term prep in my opinion.

In regard to the heart question, this simply wasn't a worry of mine, although maybe it should have been... I am very active (ran 10 half marathons this year), and follow a vegan diet... rapid heart beat in exercise is something I'm very used to... my diet also gives me confidence in my heart health. In my experience with the substance, the fast heart beat was noticeable, but nothing on what you might experience say running a steep gradient uphill... although if you're not used to it, i can see why this might freak some people out a lot - particularly if you're in a unusual "trip" state so to speak. I imagine that might feel most unnerving!

Hope this helps, like I said before, I'm not an experienced psychonaut by any means... but I would consider myself psychologically stable & mature.

Edited by Don_Avocado

@Azrael @Leo Gura thanks guys, really appreciate the tips - I did hang up heat upside down over the side of my bed for 10 or so minutes, but I did keep snorting it in what I imagined was "deeper"... is that also a problem? I imagine a lot of the substance did go straight down my throat in that case :D... to confirm, the trick is to get the substance up there gently, hang my head of the bedside upside down, gently massage in the substance in AND don't snort the substance any further once up there... correct? :) 

@Don_Avocado

Yes, likely the issue as continuous sniffing will encourange the product to end up in your throat. The blood vessels in your mucous membranes are very close to the surface, so ideally you want to keep it there. Gently is the way.

It may also pay to fill a neddleless syringe with luke warm salty water to flush your nose out after the experience is over to avoid any possible infections.

Great read btw.

@Don_Avocado Yes, very light sniffing. You don't want to snort it too deep.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Don_Avocado said:

all those reservations you have in your head about the drug are just that. I think if you were ready, you'd have a gut feel - if that makes sense

Yeah, that's what I am going to go off of. When my intuition tells me it is the right time I'm jumping in.

Once it's snorted be ready to say "fuck it, I've done it, let's go with whatever happens". Let whatever you experience happen. Have a sick bucket ready just in case... :). Prepare, but at the same time don't stress yourself out about it. If you start off at the shallow end and go into this with some maturity, I'm sure you will be OK.

Excellent advice. One has to be prepared to say fuck it when the time comes...excellent advice. Get the mind right, in a mature way. And then rest in that confidence. Because, like you said, that's all you can do once it's snorted.

A good and consistent meditation practice and donduality contemplative work is your best long-term prep in my opinion.

I agree and this is what I've been thinking thus far. Get comfortable with one's true nature and rest in that, as the work progresses. 

Thank you for your words of wisdom. They're a blessing.

Best,

Travis