Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Why doesn't the James Bond approach work?

20 posts in this topic

So, I know that Leo and a lot of experts on dating have mentioned that approaching like James Bond does not actually work well in general. I don't fully understand why that is. I mean if you come off as sexy and socially savvy like him then you already project a masculine dominant and sexual frame towards women and they perceive you as a cool with high social status whom they would feel okay to sleep with. So why isn't that enough for a guy to have a success lay rate with women?

Dont know what the "bond approach" is but in reality even if your top 10% in looks with great game if you approach strangers your conversion rate will be really low. Top guys can expect to close 8-10% of the time and regular people who understand how to approach  can expect 3-5% success rate.

Cold approach is not the most effective way to sleep with women but its very important to learn.

The James Bond approach doesn't work because once you're out on the field you'll be facing rejection after rejection, and there's nothing cool about that. You don't look cool when you do game most of the time, just like how you won't look cool grunting, sweating, and whimpering in pain whole you push yourself in a hard workout.

The results are cool.

Having a muscular body is cool.

Having sexual abundance is cool. 

But you don't necessarily look cool in the process of getting those things.

Game especially has a steep learning curve. 

Trying to come off as James Bond is delusional. 

Trying to ape high value is extra lame. 

You have what you want, and you go for it, and if you fail, use that as feedback and get better the next attempt. 

Conversation rate is low. Most people aren't sexually into you, and if they are, they might not be sexually available, and if they are sexually available, maybe you screw it up because of your inexperience. 

It's not pretty.

But people who care about they way they come off instead of the results, or even worse, confuse the two to be one and the same, are inferior. 

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I mean if you come off as sexy and socially savvy like him then you already project a masculine dominant and sexual frame towards women and they perceive you as a cool with high social status whom they would feel okay to sleep with. 

Women don't perceive that as how you think. 

Perhaps unravel where you are getting your perceptions of women from? 

Stereotypes are outdated. James Bond included. It was a very successful film franchise written in a very out dated time. Don't base your perceptions of women's preferences on that. 

Lots of women want authenticity and connection. Forget game, forget movie stars. 

I look forward to a female being cast as James Bond, a Jane Bond who can shatter some of these perceptions. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

The James Bond approach is too passive. James Bond is a fictional character who magically attracts the best pussy by just standing around and looking sharp. This is every guy's FANTASY. It does not work in the real world unless you're a celebrity. An ordinary guy has to be much more active about approaching girls and dealing with lots of rejection.

When there are 200 guys at the club, if you just stand around acting cool, waiting for a girl to notice you, you'll get nowhere because nothing about you stands out and other guys are being active and emotionally stimulating the girls. The girls want to be emotionally stimulated.

You'll get more girls by being silly than acting cool.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can still learn a few things from James Bond ;)

11 hours ago, Chew211 said:

The James Bond approach doesn't work because once you're out on the field you'll be facing rejection after rejection, and there's nothing cool about that. You don't look cool when you do game most of the time, just like how you won't look cool grunting, sweating, and whimpering in pain whole you push yourself in a hard workout.

The results are cool.

Having a muscular body is cool.

Having sexual abundance is cool. 

But you don't necessarily look cool in the process of getting those things.

Game especially has a steep learning curve. 

Trying to come off as James Bond is delusional. 

Trying to ape high value is extra lame. 

You have what you want, and you go for it, and if you fail, use that as feedback and get better the next attempt. 

Conversation rate is low. Most people aren't sexually into you, and if they are, they might not be sexually available, and if they are sexually available, maybe you screw it up because of your inexperience. 

It's not pretty.

But people who care about they way they come off instead of the results, or even worse, confuse the two to be one and the same, are inferior. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The James Bond approach is too passive. James Bond is a fictional character who magically attracts the best pussy by just standing around and looking sharp. This is every guy's FANTASY. It does not work in the real world unless you're a celebrity. An ordinary guy has to be much more active about approaching girls and dealing with lots of rejection.

When there are 200 guys at the club, if you just stand around acting cool, waiting for a girl to notice you, you'll get nowhere because nothing about you stands out and other guys are being active and emotionally stimulating the girls. The girls want to be emotionally stimulated.

No, I know that just being passive and waiting for girls to give choosing signals or approach you rarely ever work for guys. Also, yes, getting rejected by tons of girls will always be par for the course no matter how good your game is or how hot you are or even how popular you are. However, what I am asking is what if after each time you actively approach a girl you come off dominant, emotionally detached, socially savvy, have a sexy and well-groomed appearance, and flirt with girls like the way James Bond does?

Edited by Hardkill

What success rate should a guy aim for with day game?

In Tate we trust

#1 is because the character James Bond is hot, as in very attractive.  #2 he's also funny, smart, rich, dangerous, classy, rebellious, charisma through he roof, extreme luck, etc etc the list goes on.  

If a guy has to do a "James Bond approach" in the first place, he is cosplaying as someone he's not lmao.  It's over before it even began.  It's similar to the saying "if you have to ask..."

@Leo Gura I think when they say James Bond attitude they mean how icy and nonreactive he is. Girls can throw 1000 shit tests on him and he will pass them in a witty relaxed way. He is the epitome of relaxed, i don't give a fuck whether you like me or not attitude. You can take those elements of him and incorporate more laughing, silliness, more expressive, funny etc. You do not have to imitate him 100 percent, just take what works and add it to your own stuff.

I mean can you imagine James Bond being hinged if a girl rejects him? He will give 0 fucks. That attitude is what every guy needs.

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

However, what I am asking is what if after each time you actively approach a girl you come off dominant, emotionally detached, socially savvy, have a sexy and well-groomed appearance, and flirt with girls like the way James Bond does?

Go and test.

Whatever idea you have in your mind of what you think will work with girls, just go do it.

That will give you a better answer than anything we can tell you.

You’ve got to see yourself as a human guinea pig when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Try acting like James Bond. Then try acting like Russel Brand. Then try like your favorite PUA instructor. Just try everything. Your subsconscious will figure it out as long as you’re learning your lessons each time you go out.

Yes, being chill, nonreactive, detached, and masculine is all good and important. But while doing those things you must actively approach, and you should be more emotional, silly, and playful.

Half James Bond, half clown.

PLAYFULNESS is the #1 key to game. James Bond is too fucking serious.

The problem is that girls will not give you the same attention Bond gets. Because Bond is fiction. No guy gets that kind of attention automatically without being a celebrity. So you have to grab her attention and keep it captivated with effort.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

James Bond is too fucking serious.

I disagree, he's serious when he's at work, with women he's quite playful. I'm thinking Sean Connery, obviously.

I'm all for the James Bond 'approach' because it works for me, but I agree that for other guys a more 'silly' persona works best.

Ultimately, do you.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Yes, being chill, nonreactive, detached, and masculine is all good and important. But while doing those things you must actively approach, and you should be more emotional, silly, and playful.

Half James Bond, half clown.

PLAYFULNESS is the #1 key to game. James Bond is too fucking serious.

The problem is that girls will not give you the same attention Bond gets. Because Bond is fiction. No guy gets that kind of attention automatically without being a celebrity. So you have to grab her attention and keep it captivated with effort.

I see what you’re saying, but what I am really wondering is why is playfulness the number #1 key to gaming women?

Also, you say that’s its best to be half clown when trying to seduce women, but what about all of those male musicians, athletes, and actors out there who come off totally humorless during their performances, but still get tons and tons of women who get crazy horny for them?

Never use a fictional character like James Bond as a standard for how you approach women, treat women, or behave as a person generally.  It will almost certainly get you no where. 

It's much better to focus and develop your own character as a person.  Being attractive to women is a by product of being a high functioning person who is successful emotionally, physically, and financially.  

And also grab your nuts and actually make a huge effort to approach women.  Be ok with failure.  ?

Edited by Heart of Space

@Leo Gura Agreed. Pure James Bond only works if you are very good looking or/and famous. Otherwise a mix between playful and badass is better.

Btw i thought non-neediness and confidence were the most important thing in game. How would you rank them from most to least important, so non neediness, confidence and playfulness.

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

but what about all of those male musicians, athletes, and actors out there who come off totally humorless

For fuck's sake, those are celebrities with massive STATUS. They don't gotta do shit to get laid. Just open their door and whistle.

Are you a celebrity?

17 hours ago, aurum said:

Go and test.

Whatever idea you have in your mind of what you think will work with girls, just go do it.

That will give you a better answer than anything we can tell you.

You’ve got to see yourself as a human guinea pig when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Try acting like James Bond. Then try acting like Russel Brand. Then try like your favorite PUA instructor. Just try everything. Your subsconscious will figure it out as long as you’re learning your lessons each time you go out.

I largely agree with that. However, isn't also important to understand the how and why of keys concept pertaining to cold approaching, dating, and relationships as much as possible?

8 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Never use a fictional character like James Bond as a standard for how you approach women, treat women, or behave as a person generally.  It will almost certainly get you no where. 

It's much better to focus and develop your own character as a person.  Being attractive to women is a by product of being a high functioning person who is successful emotionally, physically, and financially.  

And also grab your nuts and actually make a huge effort to approach women.  Be ok with failure.  ?

Yes, I very much agree with that. Every man should ultimately project themselves as their own authentic unique selves. I am also all for mass approaching various women and getting used to failing with women along the way as I am learning and practicing. However, I believe that when are starting off learning how to become sexually appealing they need to look up to certain men (whether they be fictional or non-fictional) who exemplify traits that are sexually attractive to women. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For fuck's sake, those are celebrities with massive STATUS. They don't gotta do shit to get laid. Just open their door and whistle.

Are you a celebrity?

That's true.

Though, what I was trying to say is that you don't necessarily have to be funny or make jokes to get laid right?

Perhaps it more so being Half James Bond and half entertainer in either a comedic way or dramatic way or musical way or other kind of performance arts way or artsy way or what have you?

Also, why does being playful turn women on sexually?

On 4/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, StarStruck said:

What success rate should a guy aim for with day game?

4-15%

13 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

However, isn't also important to understand the how and why of keys concept pertaining to cold approaching, dating, and relationships as much as possible?

No.

What you need is conceptual knowledge that is appropriate given your personal experience. Conceptual knowledge beyond that becomes mental masturbation and can actually hurt your results. You have too many theories and maps with no grounding in what they actually mean, which then leads to excess confusion.

Don’t assume that more theory = more understanding. Understanding comes from doing, from which the theory can only then help explain your experiences and help you make sense of them in a positive way. 

Don’t underestimate how easy of a trap this is to fall into. Lots of guys do, because learning theory while watching YouTube is a lot easier than doing approaches and having to work to make sense of your experiences.

Of course, there is also the trap of not doing any conceptual learning. In which case you might have a lot of experience, but very flawed ways of interpreting it. A blind intuitive feel that could be heavily biased from your cultural programming. 

But for guys studying social dynamics, it’s almost always the first trap. Studying is what they’re comfortable with. Actually going out is much harder.

If I had to pick between the two, I’d much rather be the guy with tons of personal experience than the guy with all the conceptual knowledge.