Dany Balan

Is Russia going to invade Ukraine?

20 posts in this topic

I see a lot of news lately of intense russian military presence near the Donbas region,region which is being ocuppied currently by Kremlin-Backed separatists.

Given the public intention of regaining the influence of the Soviet era for his Russia...I am really concerned for Ukraine...If he invades many people will die because of his selfish reasons.Also i am extra concerned because i live 20km away of the Ukrainian border in Romania. I hope that the west can do something to stop Russia from destroying Ukraine.

What do you think it will happen? Is Putin just toying with the west or he really intends to do harm?

@Dany Balan I don´t know. Europe is lame, they even build that damned pipe-line with Russia. Ukrainians rely rather on USA. Luckily we have Biden now and not a moron of Trump.

I strongly beleive, that I´ll see Russia falling to pieces during my lifetime. 

I am from Ukraine, from Donbas.

What will be the response of the rest of Europe if Russia invades Ukraine? Im not big on geopolitics... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

What will be the response of the rest of Europe if Russia invades Ukraine? Im not big on geopolitics... 

Sanctions and words, I don't think west will start ww3 over Ukraine.

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Efficient economical sanctions. Europe had to implement more serious more harmful sanctions on Russia. Not now, but directly after annexation of Crimea and occupation of Donbas. But these sanction would also damage Europe, so they don´t do it. But they won´t avoid the damage, it will be even worse, if Russia dares a big war.

I hate it so much when they write in European media "conflict betwen Russia and Ukraine" or even worse "conflict in East Ukraine".

It´s not a conflict. It´s a war. Since 7 years.  A war between Russia and Ukrtaine on Ukrainian territory.

1 hour ago, Hulia said:

I hate it so much when they write in European media "conflict betwen Russia and Ukraine" or even worse "conflict in East Ukraine".

It´s not a conflict. It´s a war. Since 7 years.  A war between Russia and Ukrtaine on Ukrainian territory.

It's very low intensity..

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

It's very low intensity..

A conflict is if you argue with your neighbor about what color or hight should be a fence between you or even if it should be moved 10 cm further to him ot to you, it´s still a conflict. But if a neighbor is in your house with a gun, it´s not a conflict any more, it´s a terror, a war.

2 hours ago, Hulia said:

A conflict is if you argue with your neighbor about what color or hight should be a fence between you or even if it should be moved 10 cm further to him ot to you, it´s still a conflict. But if a neighbor is in your house with a gun, it´s not a conflict any more, it´s a terror, a war.

True.

Why is Putin about to begin a war in which thousands of people die?

He wants to prove to Biden, that he is not a killer

:)

Many of us are way too disconected from war! And we call a conflict which in reality is a fucking war!!! More than 13.000 thousand ukrainian men died and you call that a low intensity conflict?? bruv that is disturbing to read.... have a bit of compassion for people that are living in terror for more than 7 years!!!

4 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

Many of us are way too disconected from war! And we call a conflict which in reality is a fucking war!!! More than 13.000 thousand ukrainian men died and you call that a low intensity conflict?? bruv that is disturbing to read.... have a bit of compassion for people that are living in terror for more than 7 years!!!

They use this word "conflict" in media. The people just repeat what they hear and read. So important to name things by names. The language is important. This is what we ukrainians have learned in last 7 years. As well as many other things.

I just watched Russian news for the last 3 days. No word about the concentration of Russian military at Ukrainian border. No fucking word. Do the russians know at all?

The news channel reported about the call of Biden to Putin. But they didn´t give the reason. They told, Biden called because he is so much interested to meet Putin and discuss with him world´s problems (no word about Ukraine) and how to improve the relationships between two countries. But Putin is not as interested as Biden, he´s thinking, whether he´ll come, - they told. 

@Hulia Wow! Russian propaganda machine is reaching completely new levels! And the sad thing is that the russians really believe that Biden is so eager to meet Putin because he wants to discuss about worlds problems... It is just sad how selfish and deceiving Putin's regime is! 

May God be with Ukraine and may peace prevail over it's territory! 

12 hours ago, Hulia said:

I just watched Russian news for the last 3 days. No word about the concentration of Russian military at Ukrainian border. No fucking word. Do the russians know at all?

The news channel reported about the call of Biden to Putin. But they didn´t give the reason. They told, Biden called because he is so much interested to meet Putin and discuss with him world´s problems (no word about Ukraine) and how to improve the relationships between two countries. But Putin is not as interested as Biden, he´s thinking, whether he´ll come, - they told. 

This is on point!

I read the headline on the government chanel Yle that Niinistö (President) made a call to Putin with the intent of discussing the Ukraine conflict.

After that I watched some Russian government news. There putin said something like " My colleague from Finland called recently, we discussed the Antartica project and other science projects etc." No word about Ukraine. 

(I live in Finland and understand the Russian language)

But didn't Russia already invade Ukraine a few years ago when they occupied the Crimea? Not to mention support for pro-Russian separatists in Eastern Ukraine.  If that's all forgiven and forgotten by the West then I'm not surprised that Russia wants to keep pushing Westward until all Ukraine becomes a puppet for them. If the West and NATO don't draw a line somewhere, their enemies like Russia and China will continue pushing. And probably vice-versa to be fair, although as a disclaimer my preference is for the West to have the upper hand.

Russia has for centuries been worried about its long borders which are expensive to defend, and constantly campaigning to have a friendly buffer zone around them. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

On 12.4.2021 at 10:59 PM, Rilles said:

I can imagine that germany would canceling the pipeline project

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

There's an interesting conspiracy theory I read about that China might invade Taiwan and Russia might invade Ukraine at the same time in order to overwhelm the Western response.

I dont think that it is in the interest or the plane of russia, to invade whole ukraine, And if, I think that the russian government is smart eought to see that it would be pointless and not sustainable, but who really knows with russia...