Hulia

Difference between dream and reality

60 posts in this topic

How can you say, that there is no difference between dream and reality? I had an astral date and after that a date in reality with the same person. And I tell you: There is a DIFFERENCE! And it´s not a physicality. Astral dreams are very physical. In terms of physicallity there is NO difference. But!

In a dream you have no past and no future. You just come from nowhere and go to nowhere. And in reality you have experience behind and expectations ahead. And this is what makes a huuuuuuuuge difference.

And then comes the subconcious with all its crazy layers, which you are not even aware of. In a dream you don´t have sub-something, it´s all just there.

And then the fact that all that experiences, expectations and crazy sublayers might be extremely different for 2 different persons. This is a reality, baby, which can never be a dream.

Both are just appearances. Fundamentally there is no difference. You don't even know that you are dreaming while you're dreaming and that's precisely why you don't know it right now ;)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Both are just appearances. Fundamentally there is no difference. You don't even know that you are dreaming while you're dreaming and that's precisely why you don't know it right now ;)

In a dream it´s really JUST an appearance. In reality you have a long tail behind the appearance which even bigger than the appearance itself. 

I know when I am dreaming, not perfectly lucidly with all that hands looked at :) but somewhere in the backyard of the consciousness. 

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

In my opinion that argument doesn't work because we are now talking about "the fact that we are dreaming".

So it should be possible for me to wake up now simply by making a effort to realize that I'm dreaming.

So now I will spend a minute on realizing that I'm dreaming and make a effort to wake up.....

Nope, nothing happened, nothing changed, I didn't wake up. I've tried this many times.

In a dream this little exercise would instantly wake me up. I've done it many times in dreams, it takes a few seconds to wake up once I've realized I'm dreaming.

And also: into what kind of real reality would I wake up into, if I wake up from this dream?

But what do I know, these were just my 2 cents. I just wrote this during my boredom.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

So now I will spend a minute on realizing that I'm dreaming and make a effort to wake up.....

Nope, nothing happened, nothing changed, I didn't wake up. I've tried this many times.

In a dream this little exercise would instantly wake me up. I've done it many times in dreams, it takes a few seconds to wake up once I've realized I'm dreaming.

Yes, exactly! It´s a good point.

8 minutes ago, Hulia said:

In a dream it´s really JUST an appearance. In reality........

You assume the difference without being able to see it.

What counts as dream? How do you know that you are not dreaming right now? How many times have you thought you were in "reality" only to wake up from a dream? What makes you sure right now is any different? Maybe "reality" is just the next level of dreaming... Maybe there is no end to dream levels.

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How many times have you thought you were in "reality" only to wake up from a dream? What makes you sure right now is any different? 

This is my answer

5 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

So it should be possible for me to wake up now simply by making a effort to realize that I'm dreaming.

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What counts as dream? How do you know that you are not dreaming right now? 

And what I said before: In a dream I have no past and no future. THIS counts as a dream.

And I interact with characters who also have no past and no future. They are not complicated. We are not complicated.

And this is what makes a HUGE very HUGE difference

Edited by Hulia

16 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

And also: into what kind of real reality would I wake up into, if I wake up from this dream?

But what do I know, these were just my 2 cents. I just wrote this during my boredom.

Edited 10 minutes ago by Blackhawk

Lol. You miss the point. Let's be clear there is no difference phenomenologically. Both dream and reality ARE reality. Isn't that obvious?..there might be differences In structures. Maybe the waking state is a more sophisticated Dream.. Yet still a dream relative to a higher order of reality you have yet to wake up to. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Lol. You miss the point. Let's be clear there is no difference phenomenologically. Both dream and reality ARE reality. Isn't that obvious?..there might be differences In structures. Maybe the waking state is a more sophisticated Dream.. Yet still a dream relative to a higher order of reality you have yet to wake up to. 

Yes and maybe Santa Clause exists. Anything can be claimed without proof, and it's basically impossible to disprove it.

Oh well, maybe you are right, I don't know. (I'm not allowed to disagree with anyone here, if I do I will get accused of gaslighting.)

@Hulia welll remember the dream that is reality is being dreamt by Reality, or Infinity.  That's why it feels so real - because imaginary IS real! And because it is Infinity it is reality.  So the dream IS reality as there is nothing outside it.  Except  for you as Reality aka God.   You can wake up from this though - you can step outside this dream and then realize "omfg..omfg...holy fuck!"  And It's way more profound than that.  when you wake up you will be bathed in your own Love until you ultimately return to dreaming....

It's not going to happen in a few minutes of closing your eyes.  You need to do deep self inquiry into the nature of what you are because you have built up a lifetime of layers of the story of the dream and your place in it. Or maybe take psychedelics, I heard they work too :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 The difference between reality and dream is not that the reality feels more real, sometimes it doesn´t. Well it might be a difference but not a fundamental one. 

The fundamental difference between dream and reality: every person in reality has past and future. And thus a rather complicated subconsious of multiple layers. In a dream not. 

Another fundamental difference: Karma. There is no karma in a dream! The events might be connected with each other thematically but not logically. No cause - no effect. Just a sequence of random episodes. Think of Alice in Wonderland.  

39 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You need to do deep self inquiry into the nature of what you are because you have built up a lifetime of layers of the story of the dream and your place in it.

If I wake up to the state where there is no story and no layers, it would be a    DREAM

Edited by Hulia

Yeah, in dreams "other beings" are completely unconscious, and in this reality other beings are conscious.

16 hours ago, Hulia said:

The fundamental difference between dream and reality: every person in reality has past and future. And thus a rather complicated subconsious of multiple layers. In a dream not. 

Another fundamental difference: Karma. There is no karma in a dream! The events might be connected with each other thematically but not logically. No cause - no effect. Just a sequence of random episodes. Think of Alice in Wonderland.  

If I wake up to the state where there is no story and no layers, it would be a    DREAM

I have news for you.  Everything you stated above - including karma, is all being imagined by you right now.  And you are imagining you are on a forum talking to me.

And what's even more twisted is I'm hallucinating myself and you and that you are imagining this .  And when I do you are.  You have no idea how deep this shit goes!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I have news for you.  Everything you stated above - including karma, is all being imagined by you right now.

by me? :) 

@Hulia I have to create you first because it's entirely subjective.   So you ARE creating me when it is imagined.  But really it's all just Consciousness because Consciousness has to imagine it is a self first.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Hulia said:

How can you say, that there is no difference between dream and reality?

If we don't create differences between dream and reality there is no difference between dream and reality.

Yet we are humans that love to create differences. So of course we can create differences. Not only can we create differences between dream and reality, we can create differences between dreams and even differences within a dream! As well, we can create differences among reality.

I also find it fun to create mixtures of dreams and reality. For example, I can enter a quasi lucid dream state while I'm "awake". It's like I'm half awake and half dreaming. There is a mixture of dream and real. Fun stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

So you ARE creating me when it is imagined.

I don´t see it this way. Even if I had known you for many years, I would still not be familiar with so many aspects of you. How can  I create you? In a dream - yes. But not in reality.

The INTERACTING with the people in a dream is FUNDAMENTALLY different than in reaility.

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

If we don't create differences between dream and reality there is no difference between dream and reality.

I haven´t created some theoretical stuff. I had a rather pure experiment of interacting with the same person in a dream and in a reality.

And it IS different. Not only for me. For both of us.