Holygrail

Would you stop a rapist or just let him do his thing?

96 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, freejoy said:

Would you help the rapist find a good therapist?

Yes of course

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 hours ago, Epikur said:

You are on the wrong forum

Blocked.

Eww. The responses on this thread. Gross. 

Talk about high consciousness while throwing basic morality out of the window. 

I don't know how much I can help when a woman is getting raped, because I won't have the strength to push a man or pull him away. 

Maybe I'll kick him or beat him with a bat or object or call the cops. 

Damn. This is a basic human duty. 

If you think that you don't know whether rape is right or wrong then maybe you are on the wrong planet, not just the wrong forum.. 

Just grossed out by all the comments. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Don't even mention or reply or quote me. 

I'm already grossed out by the status of this thread. 

I don't want to talk to nobody. 

Pathetic!!!!!

Kick the rapist in the nuts. That will stop him. 

Old technique

16 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Morality is relative, so in the absolute sense, it's all just goodness spawned out of God's love to explore all of his infinite creations. So would you let God's desire to experience rape play out or intervene to stop it? 

I'd stop it cos I like to imagine my dream-character as a good guy exuding love in every thought and. action.

Even though everything that happens is fundamentally Pure Love,  some things in the relativistic domain (life of being a human) "align more" with that Truth than others. Rape doesn't align very well. Stopping rape does.

It's fine to contemplate and all.. but yeah, ethics and rules are something we need as a society to guide all of us that haven't realized Oneness. Thank Jesus and so on =) 

To intervene God's desire to rape or not to; yes both things are love. BUT, you see, the desire God has to intervene God raping God is also love. And in this dream of life we're living intervening/not raping is "a higher game-goal" than raping/not-intervening.

You see, God is playing a game of hide'n'seek. God hides and wants to find himself. He will put all kinds of hurdles in the middle-game of looking around. But the ultimate goal is to find Itself. Some of those hurdles are rape, murder and other bad/evil things. God will deliberately let those hurdles play out to make it all more exciting, but ultimately, the goal is to find Herself. And It cannot find Itself if It keeps inflicting pain onto Himself. Ultimately, the ultimate singularity/all-embracing awakening can only happen when all dream-characters in God's imagination have seen the Truth (God/Oneness/Love) and they can't see it, if they keep hurting each other:)

When you awaken, you realize Oneness is always the case, and could never not be the case. Oneness implies that what You fundamentally Are is 100% equal to an other dream character running around in the dream. So you raping another person is fundamentally You raping Yourself. 

You don't want to inflict unnecessary suffering onto yourself.

You stopping a rapist (in the best most non-violent/appropriate manner) = less suffering than letting that rapist "do his thing". Cos the vicitim (=You) would probably suffer immensely if that rape happened. 

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Damn rape apologists on this thread. 

21 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

I'd stop it cos I like to imagine my dream-character as a good guy exuding love in every thought and. action.

Even though everything that happens is fundamentally Pure Love,  some things in the relativistic domain (life of being a human) "align more" with that Truth than others. Rape doesn't align very well. Stopping rape does.

It's fine to contemplate and all.. but yeah, ethics and rules are something we need as a society to guide all of us that haven't realized Oneness. Thank Jesus and so on =) 

To intervene God's desire to rape or not to; yes both things are love. BUT, you see, the desire God has to intervene God raping God is also love. And in this dream of life we're living intervening/not raping is "a higher game-goal" than raping/not-intervening.

You see, God is playing a game of hide'n'seek. God hides and wants to find himself. He will put all kinds of hurdles in the middle-game of looking around. But the ultimate goal is to find Itself. Some of those hurdles are rape, murder and other bad/evil things. God will deliberately let those hurdles play out to make it all more exciting, but ultimately, the goal is to find Herself. And It cannot find Itself if It keeps inflicting pain onto Himself. Ultimately, the ultimate singularity/all-embracing awakening can only happen when all dream-characters in God's imagination have seen the Truth (God/Oneness/Love) and they can't see it, if they keep hurting each other:)

When you awaken, you realize Oneness is always the case, and could never not be the case. Oneness implies that what You fundamentally Are is 100% equal to an other dream character running around in the dream. So you raping another person is fundamentally You raping Yourself. 

You don't want to inflict unnecessary suffering onto yourself.

You stopping a rapist (in the best most non-violent/appropriate manner) = less suffering than letting that rapist "do his thing". Cos the vicitim (=You) would probably suffer immensely if that rape happened. 

Awesome answer, thanks

You stop the rape based on you moral instint. Don put the reason in the equation here, nothing to do.

There is more wisdom in instinct/insight than in reason.

3 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Awesome answer, thanks

Indeed That was a great answer by @WaveInTheOcean....but one thing I can say as well when speaking of what a human can do to become more aligned with Truth and Love is to become more selfless.  Being more selfless is to put others first and attempt to alleviate the suffering of others - not yourself.  To put others before yourself even if that means you incurr suffering...This is the key to it ALL.  But the catch is it has to be true- it can't come from the ego.  But that's why God creates the illusion of others in the first place - so that it can share its Love. So it can express selflessness in human form.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Damn rape apologists on this thread. 

Not really but damn close lol

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

26 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Indeed That was a great answer by @WaveInTheOcean....but one thing I can say as well when speaking of what a human can do to become more aligned with Truth and Love is to become more selfless.  Being more selfless is to put others first and attempt to alleviate the suffering of others - not yourself.  To put others before yourself. This is the key to it ALL.  But the catch is it has to be true- it can't come from the ego.  But that's why God creates the illusion of others in the first place - so that it can share its Love. 

Paradoxically, we are ultimately being selfish by wanting to be selfless because its all one, you're everything, that's what i was originally missing. You want to create the least amount of suffering for everyone because they're you, so why hurt yourself and not defend yourself (others). Preventing suffering=fragmentation from selfish egos for love/wholeness/selflessness/peace

Edited by Holygrail

4 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

Paradoxically, we are ultimately being selfish by wanting to be selfless because its all one, you're everything, that's what i was originally missing. You want to create the least amount of suffering for everyone because they're you, so why hurt yourself and not defend yourself (others). 

Not because they are you - because they are not you.  God doesn't create others so you can discover oneness and say oh who gives a crap it's all me.  No...no no :)

It's actually if you truly put another before you - that is selflessness.  That is how you discover Oneness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@BipolarGrowth nicely said but I don't 100% agree with the statement that a finite self cannot preserve goodness up to the human limit without it being super ego.  I mean yes you will never be 100% selfless without accepting ABSOLUTELY everything...but then again the doing so would be, in the end, humanities undoing. (imo) ..humans are humans afterall.. I think when you have a society of all awakened beings I think it could flourish because all actions would be coming through the direct manifestation of the Godhead while still taking care to preserve survival.   It is indeed, a delicate balance.  Just my take.   This is very advanced stuff 

Sure someone can be a beacon of relative love without superego, but it’s kind of rare that attachment to the superego wouldn’t still be contributing imo. All actions already come from the Godhead. It is doing everything. 

Total unbiased Absolute Love, or simply Existence, does not prioritize human survival over everything else as we do. Ultimately, I think it’s a good thing that relative good takes over with most human awakenings. To remain as humans we need some selfishness. The thing is Jesus’ bias to human life is of course going to be celebrated by survival-crazed human egos. If he preached anything else, he would not be as impactful. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Sure someone can be a beacon of relative love without superego, but it’s kind of rare that attachment to the superego wouldn’t still be contributing imo. All actions already come from the Godhead. It is doing everything. 

Total unbiased Absolute Love, or simply Existence, does not prioritize human survival over everything else as we do. Ultimately, I think it’s a good thing that relative good takes over with most human awakenings. To remain as humans we need some selfishness. The thing is Jesus’ bias to human life is of course going to be celebrated by survival-crazed human egos. If he preached anything else, he would not be as impactful. 

True

Some of you in this thread lack the social awareness to see why you're coming across as dumb or ignorant.

A thread about rape is not the time or place to be talking about the objectivity of moral standards, or philosophize about spirituality.  

It's good to have some tact and be conscious of what might trigger others emotionally.  You wouldn't walk into your friends mothers funeral and tell everyone they're dumb for being sad because death isn't real and everyone is God.

Have some god damned sense, you idiots.