Holygrail

Would you stop a rapist or just let him do his thing?

96 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, m0hsen said:

Because you still cannot understand how God is everything.

Also I did clarify more in the above posts.

The question was not "is God in everything".

Yaawwnn. Stop beating that tired drum for a second and just answer the question.

1 minute ago, wwhy said:

The question was not "is God in everything".

Yaawwnn. Stop beating that tired drum for a second and just answer the question.

I think I answered quite clearly, did you read the later posts?

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

If you see a bear running towards you to tear your body to pieces, do you still think how that bear is also consciousness is also you and there's no reason to stop him from doing so and just sit and watch your body being eaten?

Of course not.

So of course I'd also stop God from raping and help if i could, because this very desire to help is also God's desire and God's will.

If I choose to help, it's God's love, God's will.

If I choose to not help it's also God's love, and God's will.

You answered a question about a bear that wasn't asked. Then you said whatever you will choose to do is Gods will.

There is no answer to the question that was asked here either.

10 minutes ago, wwhy said:

There is no answer to the question that was asked here either.

Read all the posts please, I think I answered QUITE CLEARLY what would I do.

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

So see this all as play of God and free yourself from any morality, shoulds and should nots,  but think with your heart, so I'd definitely listen to my heart's call to  intervene and I'd do so if i could, and see this as God's love, will.

So, are you saying you will try to stop it if you saw one happening?

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

So see this all as play of God and free yourself from any morality, shoulds and should nots,  but think with your heart, so I'd definitely listen to my heart's call to  intervene and I'd do so if i could, and see this as God's love, will.

What do you mean IF you could? I thought God is all powerfull?

2 minutes ago, wwhy said:

So, are you saying you will try to stop it if you saw one happening?

Of course.

1 minute ago, wwhy said:

What do you mean IF you could? I thought God is all powerfull?

Am I supposed to incarnate into a finite form and still have infinite power and have no limits?

So no, God is infinite, and that is including all finite and limited. 

2 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Morality is relative, so in the absolute sense, it's all just goodness spawned out of God's love to explore all of his infinite creations. So would you let God's desire to experience rape play out or intervene to stop it? 

Why is rape the example and not infinitely more things that happen every minute and I could intervene? 

And why is rape wrong or false or bad or evil or whatever (because that's why you bring it)? Let's just start here. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Of course.

Am I supposed to incarnate into a finite form and still have infinite power and have no limits?

So no, God is infinite, and that is including all finite and limited. 

Thank you for the straight answer. My humble advice, when answering such touchy questions, is to always start with a clear direct answer, then you can freely move on to all the word play a philosophical dancing. Now that that's out of the way...

So if God is infinite and that includes the finite, doesn't that make you just an inclusion of God, rather than the all powerful infinate.

Just now, Someone here said:

And why is rape wrong or false or bad or evil or whatever (because that's why you bring it)? Let's just start here. 

I think rape is wrong because i wouldn't like to get raped. Therefore i assume the human getting raped also feels the same way.

@This

6 minutes ago, This said:

I think rape is wrong because i wouldn't like to get raped. Therefore i assume the human getting raped also feels the same way.

and what if you DO want to get raped and you enjoy it (masochistic)? Will rape stop being wrong in that case? Does it that mean it's not always wrong? ?

-Osho

Is she yelling for help?

If not I probably wouldn't help. 

It's contextual. I would trust in my natural response.

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@This

and what if you DO want to get raped and you enjoy it (masochistic)? Will rape stop being wrong in that case? Does it that mean it's not always wrong? ?

Well It wouldn't be rape If I liked it and just let it happen?

8 minutes ago, freejoy said:

Is she yelling for help?

If not I probably wouldn't help. 

It's contextual. I would trust in my natural response.

The question title clearly states that it is a rape happening, not two people having possibly/maybe/probably having consensual sex.

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@This

screenshot.png

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

Thank you for the straight answer. My humble advice, when answering such touchy questions, is to always start with a clear direct answer, then you can freely move on to all the word play a philosophical dancing. Now that that's out of the way...

Thanks for your advice, and my humble advice to you is, free yourself from your shoulds and should nots, and of course your mind by turning inward and clearly see how your mind works.

Definitely I shouldn't answer anyone in any specific way right? 

"Touchy question" is also only a thought!

Also become conscious that "word play", "philosophical dancing" is something your mind interpreted from my answers, and has nothing to do with reality.

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

So if God is infinite and that includes the finite, doesn't that make you just an inclusion of God, rather than the all powerful infinate.

There can only be God, the self, Being, one being which pervades all other beings. 

I can fool myself, imagine myself to be finite, limited, to forget who I am, but it's just imaginary, pure imagination.

It's impossible for God to do something to be less than God, to actually become something other than himself, the Absolute.

Edited by m0hsen

37 minutes ago, wwhy said:

The question title clearly states that it is a rape happening, not two people having possibly/maybe/probably having consensual sex.

I understand. 

Some women fall in love with their rapist. Who I'm I to break up a loving relationship? : )

How do you know she's being raped?

Did I see him hit her?

Is he doing it i broad daylight, dragging her in the bushes?

That's why I say it is contextual.

But generally speaking I would help her.

1 hour ago, This said:

Well It wouldn't be rape If I liked it and just let it happen?

@This

No. You could be raped and 'let it it happen' and it would still be rape.. The only difference in this case is you internally don't resist it because you actually have a desire to be raped (you basically like it). In that case.. Would rape still be wrong and should be stopped by an outsider? 

-Osho