- awful for the environment 

- unhealthy / addicting 

- wage slave army

- animal cruelty 

pros

- cheapest source of protein for poor people in the US

- their milkshakes are good 

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Emerald If someone here thinks McDonalds is good for them to consume... They shouldn't be following me.

I am not going to bend over backwards to make this work idiot-proof. It cannot ever be that.

I'm giving you a fair critique.

It's not about making your work idiot-proof. You'd never succeed. I'm not saying you should be perfect about it because that's just not possible.

I'm saying that it's unwise to share your teachings in a way that's easily misconstrued (and used for devilry) by the majority of people... especially since you have such a large public platform.

I saw like two or three people on this thread alone that took your insight and the way you shared it and then they were like, "Yep! I agree with Leo. Junk food is good for me." 

And I know that's ridiculous. But people are ridiculous. And as a leader, you would be wise to be more responsible with teaching people in a manor that doesn't so easily lead to devilry and self-deception. 

Here on the forum, you seem to prefer sharing things with a short punchy style where you can portray a demeanor of certainty and firmness. 

But this style really seems to backfire if your goal is to elucidate things to your audience and get them to understand.

All I'm saying is that it would be wise to at least try to avoid being purposefully cryptic. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I like burgers. Veg burgers. 

Smack 'em lips 

55efpe.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

37 minutes ago, Emerald said:

It's not about making your work idiot-proof. You'd never succeed. I'm not saying you should be perfect about it because that's just not possible.

I'm saying that it's unwise to share your teachings in a way that's easily misconstrued (and used for devilry) by the majority of people... especially since you have such a large public platform.

I saw like two or three people on this thread alone that took your insight and the way you shared it and then they were like, "Yep! I agree with Leo. Junk food is good for me." 

And I know that's ridiculous. But people are ridiculous. And as a leader, you would be wise to be more responsible with teaching people in a manor that doesn't so easily lead to devilry and self-deception. 

Here on the forum, you seem to prefer sharing things with a short punchy style where you can portray a demeanor of certainty and firmness. 

But this style really seems to backfire if your goal is to elucidate things to your audience and get them to understand.

All I'm saying is that it would be wise to at least try to avoid being purposefully cryptic. 

I understood him pretty easily.  I think you should get off Leo's nuts to be honest.

@Carl-Richard and you didn't even bother to ask if I wanted more. 

*cries *

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Heart of Space said:

I understood him pretty easily.  I think you should get off Leo's nuts to be honest.

Yeah don’t touch his nuts anymore. ?

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

I understand what you're saying.

My true teachings are my videos, where I over explain everything. This forum is not a formal teaching, it is casual interaction. Yeah, I post cryptic stuff here sometimes because I am not going to put the same attention to detail into a forum post as I do a video or a blog post. My responses on this forum are causal and conversational -- like if you were chatting with a professor at the bar vs him lecturing in his classroom.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@freejoy I often see these companies who run some sort of charity support on the side as some sort of business tactic to try and appeal to the kind-hearted individuals in order to acquire more revenue for the business. Nothing wrong with that though, just sharing my opinion.

And I don't doubt they help families and do charity work, I'm sure they do.

But even this thread makes it so clear that people are saying something along the lines of, "Wow! Look at all the good McDonalds brings to this earth :x they're such a great company!"

With McDonalds making themselves appeal to these types of people it makes them more likely to support their business and buy their products, or even spread the word of a "good cause" that the business brings. Also, it makes people feel good about buying their products, knowing that every time they purchase a Happy Meal a portion goes to the Ronald McDonald House Charity. "Wow I'm supporting a good cause buying garbage for me and my kids."

I say this because even pyramid schemes do this. I was involved in a pyramid scheme back in the day called "ACN" and they run a charity program called "Project Feeding Kids", you can look it up if you want. But basically part of their business plan is to "Feed starving kids across America & Canada every time someone becomes a customer of their services." It's such bullshit, they just want to make it seem like you're supporting a good cause because they "give back to the community." They also use this to manipulate their friends and family into buying their products. "If you sign up with us and pay your telephone bill every month you're feeding a starving child!" Bullshit.

But again, I don't doubt these companies give back, I'm just saying that from my perspective they do it as an investment for the company to make more revenue. And the real question is, how much are they actually giving back? I'd assume in most cases its only a small percentage of their profits.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Junk food gets a bad rep because of mcdonalds. It doesn't even TASTE good. What is the point of eating junk food that doesn't even taste good and is also overpriced? How can people still like McDonald's when literally everything else is tastier? 

16 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

Junk food gets a bad rep because of mcdonalds. It doesn't even TASTE good. What is the point of eating junk food that doesn't even taste good and is also overpriced? How can people still like McDonald's when literally everything else is tastier? 

Only the brand. The brand is literally immortal until they do something drastic like poison their food or something.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

15 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Only the brand. The brand is literally immortal until they do something drastic like poison their food or something.

Which they do xD

This thread is the joke that keeps on giving. SO funny:"D

Sailing on the ceiling 

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Somebody lock this stupid troll thread, it's an obvious troll.

Naa dude, this is like... Super deep societial contemplation.  To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand this stuff. The societal impact is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical societal sciences most of the truth will go over a typical reader's head. The MENSA members understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these theories, to realize that they're not just true- they say something deep about LIFE.

6 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

Which they do xD

You're right. Although I meant poison that's well-known as poison and that's branded as poison!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

On 4/13/2021 at 0:24 AM, 7thLetter said:

@freejoy I often see these companies who run some sort of charity support on the side as some sort of business tactic to try and appeal to the kind-hearted individuals in order to acquire more revenue for the business. Nothing wrong with that though, just sharing my opinion.

And I don't doubt they help families and do charity work, I'm sure they do.

But even this thread makes it so clear that people are saying something along the lines of, "Wow! Look at all the good McDonalds brings to this earth :x they're such a great company!"

With McDonalds making themselves appeal to these types of people it makes them more likely to support their business and buy their products, or even spread the word of a "good cause" that the business brings. Also, it makes people feel good about buying their products, knowing that every time they purchase a Happy Meal a portion goes to the Ronald McDonald House Charity. "Wow I'm supporting a good cause buying garbage for me and my kids."

I say this because even pyramid schemes do this. I was involved in a pyramid scheme back in the day called "ACN" and they run a charity program called "Project Feeding Kids", you can look it up if you want. But basically part of their business plan is to "Feed starving kids across America & Canada every time someone becomes a customer of their services." It's such bullshit, they just want to make it seem like you're supporting a good cause because they "give back to the community." They also use this to manipulate their friends and family into buying their products. "If you sign up with us and pay your telephone bill every month you're feeding a starving child!" Bullshit.

But again, I don't doubt these companies give back, I'm just saying that from my perspective they do it as an investment for the company to make more revenue. And the real question is, how much are they actually giving back? I'd assume in most cases its only a small percentage of their profits.

Yes, I understand what you're saying.

When they started building cars I'm sure they didn't know how much it would affect our environment.

We are evolving. Mcdonald's I'm sure didn't know they were creating problems. Now it's becoming more aware of the problems they are creating.

If the children are starving it doesn't matter much what you feed them, it will keep them alive. Later we might realize if we feed them something better they will thrive.

One day maybe Mcdonald's will be all vegan.

Of course most everything they do is marketing and to improve sells.

It's step by step that we evolve. 

14 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Why haven't the mods locked this thread yet? It's an obvious troll post.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

: )

I ate on McDonald's today, couldnt even meditate afterwards. 

@Blackhawk

On 12. 4. 2021 at 1:53 AM, Blackhawk said:

I would be glad to die prematurely.

You are to sexy to die prematurely.