freejoy

Mcdonald's is Awesome

66 posts in this topic

Just look at how many families it feeds and all the jobs it provides.

Not to mention how convenient it is.

Plus all the doctors it and medical care jobs too.

A all the animals given an opportunity to be alive.

Plus, Ronald McDonald house.

And they have kids' playgrounds too. Very nice of them.

Is this referring to something?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

48 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Please don't shitpost.

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

And they have kids' playgrounds too. Very nice of them.

Yeah and I think they invented the drive thru.

The day you realize EVERYTHING is literally awesome.

You got it ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You got it ;)

Exactly!

That is like saying shit is awesome. Well, if shit wasn't shit, there would be different shit and it would become something else and that would be awesome too. 

In Tate we trust

The hate against "junk food" is overblown. It's not as bad as you think.

I just realized I haven’t been to a McDonalds in over 2 years, February 2019. And I went then because I needed the free wi-fi. Last time I went to one because I wanted to eat there was August 2018.

Edited by Willie

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but also no.

Jeez, if I had to praise them for something it would be that McDonald's is a safe bet to eat something when I am bicycle touring in some foreign country and want to get some junk calories fast. They also have long working hours and many locations so it's convenient to meet with someone there.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

The hate against "junk food" is overblown. It's not as bad as you think.

It's not good either.

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

It's not good either.

Well it's good for me, because I like it. I eat "junk" food every day (but not only McDonald's), and I'm not fat, I'm healthy, my skin is ok, etc.

And don't come and say that my bad mental health is caused by it. Because that would be a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

Maybe you will say: "you will get sick later in life." Maybe, maybe not, who knows, I don't care.

Maybe you will say "you will die prematurely". Maybe, maybe not, who knows, that would only be a good thing.

@Blackhawk Who the hell says that McDonald's causes mental health problems? First time I hear it. Not only I won't say that, I would never say any of the stuff you guessed.

I can say is only that If you base your diet on fast food and other junk then you probably already have a bloodwork of a fat person, regardless of how much external fat you are carrying.

I am not here to preach to anyone, you are free to act foolish, just as I am.

6 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Blackhawk Who the hell says that McDonald's causes mental health problems? First time I hear it. Not only I won't say that, I would never say any of the stuff you guessed.

I can say is only that If you base your diet on fast food and other junk then you probably already have a bloodwork of a fat person, regardless of how much external fat you are carrying.

I am not here to preach to anyone, you are free to act foolish, just as I am.

I'm pretty sure some people in this forum say that.

Maybe the thing about my bloodwork is true, but I don't care, and I would be glad to die prematurely.

So from my point of view, why would it be foolish?

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk Also, when talking about something being good and bad in the Society, Environment, Governement, Politics subforum, the obvious implication is that we are reffering to it being such on that level.

It being good or bad for you personally is irrelevant in that context, unless your argument is "it's good for me, so it must be good for society", but that it's a rather selfish postion, hard to support on a forum about raising one's awareness.

6 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

So from my point of view, why would it be foolish?

My point is, don't make it personal. You are being foolish by making this discussion about yourself and supporting not carrying about one's health.

I am of opinion that McDonald's is overall a corrupting force in the world, rather than a constructive one. They are not innovating anymore, only being forced into decisions by market preferences, for example as with implementing plan-based meat alternatives, they only start to implement them when they can make more profit off them than from normal burgers. They don't care about any values other than profit and professional corporate values, like giving equal employment oppurtinity to disabled, women and rewarding productive workers.

11 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Blackhawk Also, when talking about something being good and bad in the Society, Environment, Governement, Politics subforum, the obvious implication is that we are reffering to it being such on that level.

It being good or bad for you personally is irrelevant in that context, unless your argument is "it's good for me, so it must be good for society", but that it's a rather selfish postion, hard to support on a forum about raising one's awareness.

My point is, don't make it personal. You are being foolish by making this discussion about yourself and supporting not carrying about one's health.

I am of opinion that McDonald's is overall a corrupting force in the world, rather than a constructive one. They are not innovating anymore, only being forced into decisions by market preferences, for example as with implementing plan-based meat alternatives, they only start to implement them when they can make more profit off them than from normal burgers. They don't care about any values other than profit and professional corporate values, like giving equal employment oppurtinity to disabled, women and rewarding productive workers.

I guess my point was that there is more people like me. There are many people who like eating McDonald's food. So why would McDonald's be bad? People only do stuff which they enjoy doing.

If McDonald's wouldn't exist something else like it would exist. If selling junk food would be completely illegal then people would make junk food at home. The only way to stop people from eating junk food would be to kill all people. Then no one would eat junk food.

Edited by Blackhawk

Just now, Blackhawk said:

If McDonald's wouldn't exist something else like it would exist.

I don't agree with that. For example, there are scammers in the world, but if I choose not to scam people, it's not like other scammers get more productive and fill the niche, no, there's just one less scammer, doing something productive instead. If I choose not to dump toxic waste into a river it's not like someone will say "oh hey, what a clean river, ideal for me to dump some shit into it", we will have a cleaner river instead. 

And so with is McDonald's, if it didn't exist it's not so obvious that its competitors would have been as effective at marketing and selling junk food. You assume you have a free will and haven't been coaxed into liking junk food.

And why would you want to get rid of them? I have no desire to abolish McDonald's nor think that would be a good idea. What I am all in for is helping it evolve, along with other mega corporations and other agents of society we currently live in.

33 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I don't agree with that. For example, there are scammers in the world, but if I choose not to scam people, it's not like other scammers get more productive and fill the niche, no, there's just one less scammer, doing something productive instead. If I choose not to dump toxic waste into a river it's not like someone will say "oh hey, what a clean river, ideal for me to dump some shit into it", we will have a cleaner river instead. 

And so with is McDonald's, if it didn't exist it's not so obvious that its competitors would have been as effective at marketing and selling junk food. You assume you have a free will and haven't been coaxed into liking junk food.

And why would you want to get rid of them? I have no desire to abolish McDonald's nor think that would be a good idea. What I am all in for is helping it evolve, along with other mega corporations and other agents of society we currently live in.

People need to buy their quota of junk food. If McDonald's would disappear then there would be a huge hole left, and something else would take its place.

There's not much potential for McDonald's to evolve on the junk food area, because junk food is junk food. But they do lots of other good things, they care about and take action in: environmental stuff, tenable meat production, packaging and recycling, undertaking for families, possibilities for young people, people, how the food is produced, organic coffee and milk, well being of animals, employees, more vegetarian food, support local farming, support sports for young people, environmental friendly transports, charging for electric cars on the parking lots, minimal food waste.

So McDonald's is a excellent company. It's better than most other companies.

And no I'm not hired by them.

Edited by Blackhawk