Verg0

How do i know when it is the right time to quit my job?

4 posts in this topic

Well, I got a new job as a "Media Consultant" 2 month ago. Basically what I´m doing is a lot of cold calls to make appointments to sell a professional website concept (B2B) in an anti-sale style. 

Why I entered this job: 

- to save up money for future investments 

- to learn something about marekting and sales and gain experience in this area 

What I like about the job: 

- It´s a relatively chill job and it´s kinda fun 

- I´m making some money + I have the possibilty to make much more money (through provision)

- I´m not selling shit, but something that can actually be valuable for some people

- I´m getting to know a lot of great and interesting people in many different business fields (because I`m only meeting up with the head of a business)  --> expanding my network

- I´m learning a lot about many different businesses and gaining insights about very practical things in business that I did not knew before

- I´m having stuff to do and getting outside while lockdown

- Eventhough I have a boss, I´m kind of working for myself, chill work environment 

What I don´t like about the job: 

- Very long work hours (sometimes I´m leaving at 07am and getting back at 8pm), so I rarely have time for something else (like working on my YouTube channels, reading, working out etc) 

- I´m not getting paid very well, so it's only worth it when I start to sell more and get really good at it (finally managed to write my first contract a week ago)

- It´s not easy to sell such an expensive product (23k spread over 4 years, so ~480$ per month) 

- It´s kinda exhausting 

- Cold calls are extremely hard (but also great to learn how to deal with rejection haha) 

- It´s really present in my mind even in my free time, hard not to think about it

-It´s not really in my area of interests

- Not so much time to take psychedelics xD 

The main thing is: I know that this job is not aligned with my life purpose or with the lifestyle I want to live my life.  It´s just a stepping stone. And I´m not doing it to pay the bills because I´m living with my parents again at the moment. So I have the freedom to leave anytime I want to leave. 

But the question is: How do i know when it is the right time to quit this job? (Because I know that I want to leave for sure)  I did not wanted to leave directly because I wanted to give it a chance and get good at it. Now I´m 2 month in and I still have mixed feelings about it when I deeply feel into it. On the one hand I want to save up a lot more money than I have now (currently I have about 3k)  to invest in a lot of different things that are quite expansive: 

-buying and converting a van (~10k) + travel expanses in general 

-a good coach training Program (~10k) 

-ayahuasca/psilocybin retreats to find a place where I want to volunteer 

- and many other things that could be useful on this self-actualization journey 

On the other hand I want to have much more time to invest that time into building my own buisness, shooting YouTube videos, learning other skills, doing meditation retreats, traveling etc.

The most painful thing is that I know that I´m not following my heart and it feels like I´m not trusting God fully in the sense of: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~Matthew 6:25-34

But also I´m trying to find the balance between trusting God and taking responsibility (+taking action) to follow a strategic plan to realize my vision and actualize my life purpose, even if that means I have to sacrifice my time for some time O.o

Well, that´s it for now thanks for taking the time to read this. I would appreciate if you would share your thoughts on this topic in general  :x

Feel free to ask me anything if you want to know more details. 

What I've done in the past is to stay in the shit-job untill I save enough money to live a year without working.

Then the next year had time to focus un my projects, personal development, spirituality, leisure, walks in nature, sport.

This is crucial because free time is what you need to understand what you want in life. 

The 9/5 work schedule doesnt give you time to think about the important things in life. And the government loves it.

When you have 12-24 months or however many months worth of expenses you feel that you need to feel comfortable. Enough that you are sure you could find another job if you had to, or that your LP will take off by then.

and/or

Once a certain % of your income has shifted to coming from your life purpose instead of your job.

On 4/11/2021 at 0:52 PM, Verg0 said:

I know that this job is not aligned with my life purpose or with the lifestyle I want to live my life.  It´s just a stepping stone.

It’s a steeping stone, as you said. It’s perfectly aligned, revealing clarity. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE