machiavelli

If there is no right or wrong then how does karma work?

63 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Leo Have you read different NDE's of people encountering white light. In more than 40% NDE it was shown LIFE REVIEW of people life and more than 70% White light (GOD) is showing the their past bad deeds came in their way in their next life.  

For ex. There is one OBE of Famous American clairvoyant Called " EDGAR CAYCE " who had more than 1000 of OBE's throughout his life time. Once upon a time a women visited him and asked for reading . She asked whether the operation she is undergoing would be successful or not. So edgar cayce had an OBE and left his body and moved toward White Light (GOD ). Their he accessed Akashic Record of women . He told the women that the doctors who are about to perform surgery are paying their karmic debt to her. They tortured her in their past life. It is their karmic debt that they need to clear . The operation will be successful claimed by Edgar Cayce. 

And it did went successful as per claim.

Also if you study several NDE's . It is always shown past life deeds ripples in next life . That means god punishes us for our wrong deeds of our previous life time by karmic debt.

Now you say god loves all . If god loves evil then how do karmic debt ripples in next life. 

Why do some people born in good condition while others are poor condition ?

why do some born in wealthy family and other born in very poor family struggling their whole life to survive??

Dont you think something is missing?

Absolutely there is no right or wrong.

Absolutely there is no karma.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

"You are not punished for your anger, you are punished by your anger." -- The Buddha

So,

Karma = conscience ?

or

Karma = domino effect ?

26 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

It is always shown past life deeds ripples in next life . That means god punishes us for our wrong deeds of our previous life time by karmic debt.

Even if there are past life deeds that ripple into a next life, adding in a punishing god is a huge jump. 

Why add in a punishing god? It creates an awful story about being punished by a god and promotes living a life of fear. 

Imagine telling someone with cancer that god is punishing them because in a previous life they had sex before marriage. Not only does this person have to live with the pain of cancer, they also have to live with the story that god is punishing them because they were a sinner in a previous life. This story makes the pain and suffering much worse. 

Karma is a belief within religions which don't believe in a separate self. So IMO, karma belongs to the whole not the illusory part. Action (the literal meaning of karma btw) has consequences, but they don't belong to an individual you. Depending on your language, God / the Buddha / Universe / Void is doing it all to itself and reaping what it sows. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

19 minutes ago, Gustav said:

So,

Karma = conscience ?

or

Karma = domino effect ?

Karma is a specific subset of equivalent exchange, or cause and effect. It's a more personal form of it. For example, if you threw a ball in the air and it fell down, you wouldn't call it karma. But, if you threw it up, and it hit your head, then you would call it karma.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

Karma is a specific subset of equivalent exchange, or cause and effect. It's a more personal form of it. For example, if you threw a ball in the air and it fell down, you wouldn't call it karma. But, if you threw it up, and it hit your head, then you would call it karma.

Still very diffuse.

1 hour ago, machiavelli said:

Dont you think something is missing?

Yes, consciousness is missing.

When you become infinitely conscious you will drown in an Infinite Love that never ends.

NDE's and occult practices are still low consciousness stuff compared to what I am talking about.

God would never punish anyone because God IS everyone. Punishment is only desired by limited beings and fragmented consciousness. Infinite Consciousness has no need whatsoever for punishment and in fact it is literally incapable of punishment because all it can do is Love itself endlessly.

GOD IS LOVE.

Why would it be anything less?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, machiavelli said:

When there is no judgement through god then what is the place of karma? Leo says there is no right or wrong. Everything is love. God doesnt punish no matter what. He even loves hitler. He loves all. Then whats karma then? Why are people suffering in this world?

If karma exist then it automatically implies god punishes us. Even though connection is indirect but it still holds.

Karma was the OG social credit score system. Karma is made up, just like right and wrong. They only work if you believe in them.

The Western conception of karma has gotten contaminated by Christian morality and the concept of sin. Karma in its original conception is more akin to Newton's laws of motion, only applied to human life.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, machiavelli said:

But still why god punishes us for wrong doings of our past life's? In this lifetime we are good. And never ever think of hurting people.

No such thing happens. God is all there is; you are God; God programs itself with certain impairments (i.e. as various forms of life including various types of human) in order to learn new lessons about what it means to be God. A principle one of these impairments is forgetting that one is reality itself, which is God.

7 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Why do you need an external god to explain why there is evil in the world? Why would we believe there is a supernatural entity that punishes people and causes suffering? That is a terrible story. That story itself would cause me terrible suffering. I would live in fear and confusion. 

7 hours ago, Forestluv said:

If everything is good, one cannot do evil things. We need to create constructs that some things are "good" and some things are "bad". This is part of the human experience. 

It seems your alternative story or explanation for all the evil and suffering in the world is that it does not really exist, there is no good or bad, just god playing by itself. Just completely deny its very existence and skip along on your merry way.

I think your story would cause even more suffering if we all acted like we believed that.

Edited by wwhy

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

No such thing happens. God is all there is; you are God; God programs itself with certain impairments (i.e. as various forms of life including various types of human) in order to learn new lessons about what it means to be God. A principle one of these impairments is forgetting that one is reality itself, which is God.

Why does God need to learn new lessons? Isn't God supposed to be all knowing?

13 minutes ago, wwhy said:

It seems your alternative story or explanation for all the evil and suffering in the world is that it does not really exist, there is no good or bad, just god playing by itself. Just completely deny its very existence and skip along on your merry way.

@wwhy Well, he also said:

At a human level, this is serious business. Suffering is an awful experience. One of the hardest things to surrender are notions of "good" and "bad". There is a huge price to pay for that. Yet the expansion is huge as well. I'm not denying the existence of suffering or how terrible it is to experience. That's not what I'm pointing to.

16 minutes ago, wwhy said:

I think your story would cause even more suffering if we all acted like we believed that.

Sounds like a fear + some imagining and assuming to not acknowledge the questioning of your POV. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 minutes ago, wwhy said:

God wouldn't be all-knowing without knowing what it's like to not know, would it? ;)

Edited by The0Self

What's karma?

There's only what's happening regardless of whatever name its given.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, lmfao said:

@wwhy Well, he also said:

Sounds like a fear + some imagining and assuming to not acknowledge the questioning of your POV. 

The question was very obviously asked about at the human level. So my responses and POV is from the questions POV.

Edited by wwhy

@wwhy 

7 hours ago, wwhy said:

Exactly.

7 hours ago, wwhy said:

Yes by equating EVIL with good we are brushing off completely from explaining root cause of suffering in this world. How can anybody's suffering be love?

If past life actions are rippling in next life time then we can say god punishes us for wrong doing. Even if we are one with god. 

@Leo Gura But we have now documented cases of thousands of NDE and in each they state it was shown why things happened that way it happened.

For ex. A person who lost the loved one in his life and suffers throughout his life by his absence was due to his inability to love his/her loved one in his past life. That lead to lessons in next life time.

Now this is clearly punishment. Even if we call we are god. That means god punishes himself???

Now we are labeling someone's suffering as love. And saying everything is labelled as good. How can we brush off suffering of people which is real ?

If god is all knowing why do he needs lessons on first place?

Even he know that it will lead to suffering in people's life. 

Karma is all the circumstances and context of ones birth.

We all have a physical identity, like Jane, Tom etc. with a certain personality. Even Enlightened Ones.

Say during this life we develop a love for bugs, when we reincarnate we might be attracted to bugs and want to start a bug farm.

God doesn't punish us but there is natural consequences to our actions.

It doesn't seem like our minds goes with us after death but what we are as a feeling. An overall feeling blueprint.

Maybe we went backwards and learned to hate and be untrusting. 

Maybe we got Enlightened and are off to experience another world in a completely different vehicle (body).