intotheblack

Monkey mindpong - playing game with mind

28 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, integral said:

It can read but can it write? 

That is a very good question. I've only done a little research on Neuralink. I've only seen them read. 

Reading vs writing is very different. My impression is that they are focusing on reading (decoding) because that's what is necessary to help paralyzed patients (which will get a lot of public support). People will be much more comfortable with reading technology than writing because the ego wants the control of writing the narrative. 

However, there will be dramatic opportunities to write that will be to irresistible to resist. Imagine have a foreign language writer. After 1 hour a day for a week, they can write Spanish, French and Chinese into your brain. That is too irresistible to turn down. 

It's coming. Perhaps 50 years from now, the elderly Gen Zers will be telling their grandchildren "Back when I was your age, we had to learn languages by studying, memorizing and practicing for years!!"

1 minute ago, integral said:

Imagine recording brain activity for psychedelics or meditation, the clicking a button on your phone to trigger that state. 

@integralYes, that would be like a recorded "replay". Theoretically, one could record any experience and replay it and the person would experience it exactly the same. For example, an advanced neuralink could record my brain activity while I was observing Matchu Picchu. The neuralink could replicate that exact same brain activity and I would be re-experiencing Macthu Picchu. The sights, smells etc. . . As well, one could record sexual experiences and relieve them. This will create social problems. There was a Black Mirror episode on this. 

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

However, there will be dramatic opportunities to write that will be to irresistible to resist. Imagine have a foreign language writer. After 1 hour a day for a week, they can write Spanish, French and Chinese into your brain. That is too irresistible to turn down. 

Like the matrix, but im really looking forward to brain to brain direct communication. The sex is going to be next level, jacked into the partners direct experience. Synergy with mind merging. I want to experience all of our minds merged. The real singularity? The next major communication network that supersedes the internet? Global mind network. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

4 minutes ago, integral said:

Like the matrix, but im really looking forward to brain to brain direct communication. The sex is going to be next level, jacked into the partners direct experience. Synergy with mind merging. I want to experience all of our minds merged. 

Brain to brain communication via neuralinks (and a bluetooth equivalent) is theoretically possible. 

People could have a conversation through thoughts alone, which could get tricky. Would people get access to all your thoughts? Imagine being a date with someone and you decide to activate neuralink. Could you each control what thoughts get sent? Could you each control which feelings you transmit? Would it be easy to differentiate between my thoughts/feelings and her thoughts/feelings? The neuralink could break down distinctions between "me" and "her".

It's hard to imagine merging with all minds at once. I think it might be more like a psychedelic experience of One Omniscience. Rather than knowing a gazillion independent thoughts. 

37 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

People could have a conversation through thoughts alone, which could get tricky. Would people get access to all your thoughts? Imagine being a date with someone and you decide to activate neuralink. Could you each control what thoughts get sent? Could you each control which feelings you transmit? Would it be easy to differentiate between my thoughts/feelings and her thoughts/feelings? The neuralink could break down distinctions between "me" and "her".

Open book style. Control is needed to fulfill survival agendas. Wouldn't want to open book neurolink with your boss in this climate. But this technology will change the norm/expectations. 

If we install these in children they will know nothing else but 100% openness and so control wont be necessary. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

58 minutes ago, integral said:

Open book style. Control is needed to fulfill survival agendas. Wouldn't want to open book neurolink with your boss in this climate. But this technology will change the norm/expectations. 

If we install these in children they will know nothing else but 100% openness and so control wont be necessary. 

This brings up all sorts of new social issues. . . 

Imagine the technology offers two modes "Open book" or "Filtered book". The "filtered book" option would be similar to a regular talking conversation in which each person can filter what they transmit through the neuralink. Yet it's fast and some people aren't good at filtering. Just like some people say certain stupid things they wish they didn't say, people could transmit neuralink communication they whish they hadn't sent. Similar to a text, yet much faster. There would be no button to press and no popup message asking "Are you sure you want to transmit this?".

What would be socially acceptable situations for "Open book" or "Filtered Book"? What about being at a meeting at work? A date? Is it OK to Open Book on the first date? Imagine a guy on a first date saying "I usually Open Book, yet I've had a really rough week, lots of stuff going on in my life. I don't want there to be a lot of background noise in our Neuralink session. Is it ok if we do Filter Book?" How would it come across? Would the woman be skeptical of why he wants Filter Book? Perhaps he is actually married and has kids. . .

Or, imagine a a couple watching some Netflix and the guy is like "I wanna do Filter Book tonight". . . The girlfriend may respond "Filter book gain? We haven't done Open Book for a week?" Might suspect he's having an affair?. . . What about marriage counseling?  Would the therapist say "Ok Mark and Stacey, this may get uncomfortable, yet we need to discuss your Book sessions. How frequently have you Open-Booked the last three months and how long is your average Open Book session?"

A somewhat similar of new social norms has a arisen with zoom. When is it socially acceptable to turn ones camera off? Sometimes it's obvious your camera should be on. Yet not other times. I do Zoom breath sessions about about 50% of people turn their cameras off. Sometimes the facilitator pleads with the group to turn their camera on - that it is important for group connectivity. Sometimes someone will briefly turn their camera on and tell some excuse why they are turning it off. 

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

This brings up all sorts of new social issues. . . 

I know so much fun :D

Right this was what i was imaging would happen in the current climate. But if children are born with no filter in this way, these issues wont have the same weight behind them or they will be seen as normal/accepted. With open book emotional needs are communicated with the issues, so it should lead to better understanding of things like cheating. Deeper understanding and empathy and less demonizing, a vital layer is communicated at all times, there full experience and perspective. 

Its possible someone having an affair and it being public is common place in this scenario. Its nothing to be ashamed of or hide. To survive in this setting means adapting to these life conditions. The game of secrecy disappears because there is no one to want a secret. Incentivesed integrity? 

Or if people are incapable of this capacity then it will probably lead to strong oppression. Every little issue being punished. 

Filtered book will always be unwise, because open book communicates the full perspective that triggers deeper understanding. 

Maybe :) just speculating ideas. 

Its like forced empathy. lol but ok... you might not want to experience someones full perspective if they are suffering and its killing your vibe... 

Edited by integral

2 minutes ago, integral said:

Right this was what i was imaging would happen in the current climate. But if children are born with no filter in this way, these issues wont have the same weight behind them or they will be seen as normal/accepted. With open book emotional needs are communicated with the issues, so it should lead to better understanding of things like cheating. Deeper understanding and empathy and less demonizing, a vital layer is communicated at all times, there full experience and perspective. 

I don't think we would be able to make a shift to Open Book in one generation. I can't see everyone alive come together and say "starting next year on January 1st, everyone agrees that all children will be born and raised Open Book". People are just too conditioned with filters. And it would be super messy having Filter parents trying to raise permanently Open Book kids. I see it taking 5+ generations. 

I agree that if beings are born permanent Open Book and that's the only thing they know, it would seem totally normal to them. The idea of filters would seem bizarre.

It would be a very different experience, being totally mind open. Yet it's possible to imagine. . . Imagine everyone was blind. In a way, that is "Filter Book". Since the person cannot see you, you can filter what you reveal. For example, you could filter out facial expression and keep them secret - noone would. People could draw symbols on their shirts. Some symbols of love, other symbols of hate. Yet noone  would know, unless a person reveals it, similar to thoughts no one can see unless we reveal. Being blind, creates a sense of more separation. That one is an individual we are more in separate worlds. 

The idea of Open vision would be shocking. People would think "Omigod, that means that other people could see what I'm wearing!! They could see my facial expressions!! That would be an invasion of my privacy!! My inner most self!!". Yet we are born with vision and don't give it a second thought. We can all see each other. This gives a greater sense that we are sharing One space together. 

I would predict the mind would adapt quickly. For example, in blind world people could walk around naked. Or spontaneously masturbate in a public park with noone knowing. With Open Book Neuralink, we might think "Omigosh, what if I had impure thoughts of masturbating!!". Yet the shared minds would work it out. The mind would simply stop having such thoughts in shared space, or people would be cool with it. New social norms would form. Similarly, someone in Blind World may say "Vision World would be crazy. What about when people spontaneously masturbate in public parks? Everyone could see them!!". Yet most people just don't do that within the social network. And on the occasion it does happen, people may turn a blind eye or someone may ask them stop". It worked itself out. 

@Forestluv Blind world is such a great analogy! 

This is so interesting, open book will make the intersubjective plane visible. What a powerful upgrade. 

We could then use it as a subjective mirror, to make the subjective plane visible, by pointing it at ourselves. Not sure what that would be like, to Open Book your self, to see your internal as plainly as the external. It would be like Subtle Object vision or structure vision. Thats an insane boost in vertical growth.

Imagine being born with subtle or causal object vision? We havent even upgraded their processing power, we just gave them another sense with this one tool, making their inner world explicit. 

I always wondered why human brains arent larger? Is it because its disadvantages to survival? So the size is limited, to limit vision. 

Edited by integral