Epikur

Trans Species

24 posts in this topic

I think that all you need to do is accept them, and if you can't do that then at the bare minimum, then leave them alone.  it isn't really anyone's place or concern to decide for another person if they need help, or if they are just fine.  There are many spiritual explanations for these sorts of things.  Ultimately, underneath it all, you probably just want to judge and decide for these people what their identity is, and to mold them into what you think is right without having the qualifications or the psychology to even understand such people.  It makes you more destructive than people who are just living their own lives, not bothering you in any way.  People like that are secret control freaks trying to use those who are the easiest targets to hurt.

In many shamanic cultures, animal totems and spirit guides are frequently used - and even embodying the animal spirit.

I see people will views that Leo has instilled that are just as harmful.  This place is collectively, kind of an echo chamber, a bit of a waste bin for those too cowardly to do genuine spiritual work, and to understand the depth that it takes to understand one's self.

Sexual transmutation is another thing, and it offers solutions to trauma, removes blockages, helps to integrate identity and so forth.

I would argue that no one here is qualified to judge any of these people as I don't see anyone who has undergone a spiritual transformation with any degree of genuine depth whatsoever.  

What I have noticed, is that this place has become a collective where everyone runs around watching what everyone else is doing instead of focusing on themselves and doing their own work, and when you do it, it does become highly individualized.  If you don't understand this, then you're just a cardboard cutout of the real thing.  You could very well cause damage to another person with your presumptions about who they are - on top of that, those presumptions stick - you end up adding more confusion, it directs people away from where they should be.

I mean, you are taking vulnerable people with identity issues and inserting who YOU think they should be.  How do you think that is genuinely going to go for someone?  It tells me that the "shark" in certain people can sniff this out in someone and that is ultimately what they are trying to dig at, because it is right there and easy to do.

It is on the level of deciding for someone how they should deal with death, cancer, life purpose or anything else, really.  Sexuality is deeply personal.  By shaming people you cut off any chance they have to heal.  I question sometimes if that is really, underneath it all, the end goal of people who latch onto those who are so outwardly vulnerable.  It's subtly corrosive.  I don't dig it.

Each time you poke at such people, you take away any chance at all they have of healing in any real way, you "restart" a transformative process and corrupt another person's innermost self and call it caring.  It's not.  It's just control.

Sexuality takes you back, it is primitive and essential in order to integrate the lower three chakras.  If you have not understood it to the best of your ability you will never heal or understand yourself. 

How people do this, as long as it does not harm anyone, is their business.

Edited by Loba

46 minutes ago, Loba said:

I don't see anyone who has undergone a spiritual transformation with any degree of genuine depth whatsoever.  

And you're in a good position to determine this from postings on an internet forum? Talk about being judgmental...

@Boethius I feel that am in some sense, because I am going through one and it is the subject of constant scrutiny for some reason that I have been pushing back at for a long time - so when going through that and then seeing the collective lack of discernment... this tells me that deeper awakenings are not that common because if they were then it would be something that would be understood in public places like this. 
I don't see a lot of people here having undergone the absolute necessity to completely let go of identity and culture to get to a blank slate for as long as I have, and for the amount of time that I put into it every day.

There are things that I have experienced that I need answers to and not only can the people around me continuously not provide them and misunderstand me nearly every step of the way, but these experiences make me feel like I my nervous system got stuck being able to channel way, way, way too much and have nowhere to direct it, meditation brings it up even more, and it comes through the absolute silence and stillness just like everyone else. 
I need a genuine shamanic teacher.  I'm being absolutely pummeled with the need for humility, just to have the chance for the taste to understand something greater.

This comes from a place of not being able to find information at the depth that I need within communities like this and that being a detriment, not something to boast about; the lack of qualified teachers out there that can authentically instruct a person through the spiritual realms is a huge detriment.

And back on topic with this:  I think if people went all the way through and found themselves to the core - that they would find that if people were allowed to develop their full identities, that we would dress with the most extreme and brilliant creativity.  It would be a taste that would just keep developing because the need for expression and Truth and beauty go hand in hand.  Humans would look so ornate.  Something tells me underneath it all that an aspect of this extremity is Truth - that everyone's inner beauty would come out in a way that is unimaginable to what we have now.

This isn't judgement, this is me deciding that my worldview might have more validity than I give myself credit for - and that I am tired of having to fight for it - because it takes me away from my inner peace, my sense of creativity and well-being.  I do think I am human, btw.  I just think that the soul is something that evolves from many lives - and that there are things you can tap into, like totems, spirits, archetypes, deities, ect.  Shamanic beliefs.  

I simply think that the human imagination is a turning point because we create our reality - if oriented just right that this would bleed into the next life in a way where everything changes, the whole world, like watching a fantasy movie or something.  I feel this is true, and that maybe it is something that humans have a right to.  That the levels we could develop this would be amazing.  That maybe if you can make it that building the next life is the gift we have for the imagination we are given in this world to be able to dream up the things that we do.

Edited by Loba

@Loba I hadn't considered that there might be a spiritual or sexual dimension to being otherkin (as I believe that's the label for that identity). With my comments I was more trying to map out how to relate to a person like a friend or family member should they declare themselves to be otherkin -- that I would want to relate to them empathetically but without "feeding" into their idea of being otherkin.

To be fair, I suppose there is something judgmental in that from my end. After all, everyone has a right to pursue whatever spiritual path that feels right for them. So if a friend of family member declared themselves to be otherkin and viewed it as a positive thing then I would respect that decision of theirs. I probably wouldn't be greatly interested in talking about it (not least of all because my own religious beliefs allow no room for non-human souls) but it doesn't seem like something that would naturally come up much either.

As far as finding a shamanic teacher, good luck with that! Truly. I know how hard it can be feeling like you're close to being on a personal spiritual path while not yet having found it ?

Edited by Boethius