Epikur

Trans Species

24 posts in this topic

My guess is one has to include them and treat them special but equal. The specifics have to be figured out.

I guess some experts will make the first steps to work out the rules. I guess there will be special rules.

41 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

What special rules?? Just accept them and be done.

Simple as that. It’s a shame that judging can seem like the more effortless thing to do.

Ironically, there is a lot of humanity in their experience. The second video is sad story of abuse and alienation. Yet the ending had glimmers of acceptance and human connection.

Imagine that second dude at your workplace working alongside you :o

There is just a creep factor that cannot be ignored.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We should be thankful we're not in a Star Trek universe where this would be the norm.

Working with him would be like working with a feminine Worf. :P 

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You might want a student sometime to teach him. That one would be a challenge.

@Husseinisdoingfine

18 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Anime sure is entertaining, but it is sucking with people's sense of reality. There are so many young men out there who are getting romantically involved with fictional characters.

Are you talking about yourself?

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

I don't have a problem with her being a dragon. But I would definitely lead a campaign to avoid large instances of this. Cause I don't want most chicks in the dating pool to look like that. You see?

4 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Anime sure is entertaining, but it is sucking with people's sense of reality. There are so many young men out there who are getting romantically involved with fictional characters.

Anime is what happens when you completely castrate and destroy a cultures identity into submission by nuking it twice.

It literally rose from the ashes of nuclear hellfire.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

10 hours ago, Epikur said:

Ugh...

I think the horrible rape she talks about (which she states has broken her psychologically, emotionally and physically ) manifest clearly in her appearance.

The invasive surgeries (without wanting to be judgmental, I think it is traumatic for the body to create such alteration ) she got shows still a difficult relationship towards her body and mimic the violence of the rape energetically :/ . She's also trying to be scary, unattractive, powerful and attract the attention at the same time... and assert that she's the one in control of her body and fate.

It's clear that when she starts sobbing and tell everyone how much she hates humanity that she never managed to properly release these emotions. She can't forgive society and humanity for what she's been through...

And that's quite understandable because it requires a lot of inner work. Which isn't easy for someone who is likely so disconnected from her center due to the repeated traumas she's been through.

I'm of course not throwing the stone at her for not being able to pardon, but it would help her so much...I'm very skeptical I would have been able to let go of such traumas, though. Those who manage to let go of this type of heavy baggages are super heros.

I think one has to understand the factor of trauma here. 

Trauma itself is evil and unhealthy. 

On top of that strategies to cope with trauma are equally unhealthy. 

It turns into a vicious pattern. 

A pattern very difficult to escape and be freed from. 

People might think that there should be healthy ways to deal with trauma. 

But this is not true. Then all the people out there would choose organic food instead of junk food for comfort eating. It's the junk food that gives immediate relaxation or dopamine which organic food cannot. 

Similarly drugs, sex, crying, self harm, workaholism, violence, anger etc are also unhealthy ways to cope but nevertheless these are ways to cope. Healthy ways are not the first thing that help with coping.

That's why abused women go back to abusers. 

That's why bullies abuse. 

That's why people do drugs. 

That's why people work to death 

That's why people develop different identities

That's why people use drugs 

We might think in our minds that such behaviors do not help life rather destroy it. 

But this is exactly what self destructive people subconsciously do. 

They want to subconsciously want freedom from life, or the kind of life they had, in order to end pain 

In simple words, it's like... End pain. End life. 

People who have never been through significant trauma will never understand these behaviors and will always be puzzled by things that cannot be defined by normal human scope of understanding. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

17 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Well at least you don't speak German

I feel that these people should be supported. That's not to say that we all should be feeding into their delusions of themselves as being something other than human (and yes, I do regard their claims as fundamentally delusional). But kindness, concern, and treating them as fellow human beings goes a long way.

40 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

will be hard if you keep in the back of your mind that this is a delusion. free yourself of these terms and you will be able to give them the treatment accordingly.

I think part of supporting a person who thinks they're not human is to help bring them back to a sense of themselves as a human. My guess is that they believes themselves to be non-human in the first place because there is something about themselves that they believe cannot be expressed as a human. For example, maybe they want other people to relate to them with a greater level of compassion than is conventionally extended to people. I would be comfortable in holding space for another person to explore those parts of themselves that they feel to be cut off from the "normal" human experience, but I'm not going to play along in pretending that they are somehow categorically different from me.

8 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

that sense cannot come from your judgement, best healing is that which is least judgemental and most accepting without expectations. not the one that is analytical and normative.

It's important to have boundaries. I'm not going to pretend that drinking a couple bottles of wine a day is healthy and in a similar way I'm not going to pretend that extreme body modification for the sake of becoming a dragon is psychologically healthy. That being said, if a person doesn't want me to be in their life because they find me to be "judgmental" then that's a choice I would respect.

30 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

if you want to heal these people

I never said anything about "healing" people. I said my intent would be to support people. I would try to empathetically (and humbly) support people in coming back to some reasonable sense of shared reality.

1 minute ago, neutralempty said:

i think don't think they are savages. so i dunno what you want to support there.

I don't think of them as savages either. I believe they are humans who are a bit confused and who have been greatly harmed by other people. In the second video included in the first post, the dragon lady recounts different stories of having been harmed by others (including an account of rape).

My overall point is that -- insofar as we are capable -- we should try to be compassionate towards such people while still drawing them back to some understanding of themselves as being human like everyone else.