Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenLight

Why do i not care about GOD

55 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@GreenLight

Maybe a simpler way to see... you care about God. You made a thread about it. 

Or maybe I just secretly hate it? That'll make more sense.

2 hours ago, VirusOfTheCult said:

'me' isn't the universe. 'me' is created by your brain. Don't confuse 'little me' with Higher Self and and 'little me' which is addicted to a cellphone, ignoring the Universe.

@VirusOfTheCult I'm not confusing the two.. I'm conflating the two... because Everything, which is what there IS, is just One. 

Everything 'seems to be' happening. 

'seeming to be' seems to be happening. 

Thoughts of 'I am' seem to be happening. 

'Everything/Nothing' seeming like 'something' is (seems to be) happening. 

'Mason Riggle seeming to be typing on a forum' is (seems to be) happening. 

'VirusOfTheCult' seeming to be replying is happening. 

This is happening. 

But there is no 'doing'. no one to 'do it', nothing 'to be done', that isn't already 'happening' just how it is, effortlessly, infinitely, selflessly. 

How hard am 'I' trying to 'be myself' (notice it matters not what definition of 'myself' or 'I' is used here, 'little me', 'Divine Self'.. take your pick)? Not hard at all. 0 effort. I couldn't 'not be myself', even if I tried, because 'trying to not be myself' would just be more 'me, effortlessly being myself'.  

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Maybe not hate but allergy.

I still cling to negativity at times. Honestly I do not want to change but I have no option. I would rather separate myself from this God.

Fortunately it is just a concept in this collective mind.

@GreenLight 'Everything/Nothing' only 'seems' like 'something' by pretending it's not what it is.  Imaginary Separation is 'how' it pretends. 

9 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

I would rather separate myself from this God.

this is a perfect definition of 'ego'. 

Of course Everything/Nothing LOVES to pretend it's separate from itself.. that's how it 'knows' itself!!  Nothing/Everything (one, non-dual) can't be like 'something' (duality, multiplicity) without pretending (imagining, dreaming, seeming, appearing, etc.) to be what it's not!

Edited by Mason Riggle

5 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

this is a perfect definition of 'ego'. 

Yes i know, but it feels so good to feel and pretend to be separate and painful when we are ONE. When i am separate, it feels like i have total freedom. At oneness it feels like i am obliged to do this practice, listen to this teacher, obey this rule and not resist this law etc.

@GreenLight 'total freedom' and 'zero freedom' are the same thing.  If you were Absolutely Free, you couldn't do anything.. how would you decide what to do? 

25 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@GreenLight 'total freedom' and 'zero freedom' are the same thing.  If you were Absolutely Free, you couldn't do anything.. how would you decide what to do? 

Ok

@GreenLight seriously.. how would you decide what to do, if you had Absolute Freedom? 

14 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@GreenLight seriously.. how would you decide what to do, if you had Absolute Freedom? 

Yeah, i was thinking more of being free of God and his rules. Then I would drink, take drugs, kill, hurt, steal, die and disappear. Living the depraved animal life. No conscience, no problem.

Obviously, if I had Absolute freedom then I couldn't do anything or even exist.

What are we even talking about here? There is no difference between life and spirituality. Spirituality is life itself, that he's not able to see this right now is because of his still partial perception and still embedded duality, otherwise one would not make these statements. Just because one had some experience (which can be a thousand different things from what I've heard people say 'spiritual realizations' are) doesn't mean it has been integrated. There is no running away from this, because you can't run away from yourself. It's inevitably unavoidable

Edited by SpiritualAwakening

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

@GreenLight perhaps your notion of 'God' is too limited.  The word 'God' carries a lot of baggage with it.  Perhaps replace the word 'God' with the word  'Everything'.

'God' is not some separate 'thing' that 'has rules' or 'does things'.. God is 'all that there is'.  God is 'all of your thoughts, everything you see, hear, think, feel, experience'.. it's literally 'Everything'.  It's this sentence. It's you reading this sentence. It's everything you're aware of, including yourself.  It's 'All of it'.   

@Mason Riggle yea, I usually use the word Absolute for that. That is how I learned it. There is no unconscious reaction to it and is fairly neutral.

With millennia of Christian indoctrination running in my heritage. The word God has plenty of baggage and shit buried within me that is associated with it.

I heard in different facets of awakening that you can realize God. So I just wonder how to realize it. In a sense, I do not see it as a synonym for the Absolute. 

The word God just triggers some mental pattern in my brain and then I go berserk -_-

Edited by GreenLight

2 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

I heard in different facets if awakening that you can realize God. So I just wonder how to realize it. 

@GreenLight hard for me to answer, as they are synonymous for me... 

To realize The Absolute, is to stop pretending there is separation between 'you' and 'that which is not you'.  It's like trying to separate a whirlpool from a river.. Can you take a whirlpool out of a river and show it to me?  There seems to be a clear distinction between 'the river' and 'the whirlpool' which is not really there. Similarly there is not really a distinction between 'you' and 'that which is not you'.   Anytime there seems to be a separate 'you', that is looking for 'that which is not you', that's ego (which is not 'good' or 'bad').. ego occurs when the Absolute pretends to be separate from itself (like a whirlpool occurs when rivers are flowing a certain way) and it disappears when the Absolute isn't pretending to be separate from itself (when the river is flowing some other way, that doesn't create a whirlpool).