Bogdan

Carnivore cannot heal the gut, Leo

170 posts in this topic

If the carnivore diet is working for Leo, then it's working for Leo. I don't see why Vegans need to be triggered over this. Leo himself said it's temporary, and will be introducing vegetables and fruits slowly, eliminating types that flare his conditionz and keeps the ones that don't. Is it just because people who are short to long term vegans have weaker egoes?

@shahar uriel lovely thanks for sharing! probably too many cooked cruciferous vegetables - broccoli, cabbage, sprouts.  or too many beans.  or too many different vegetables in one meal.  

@Bogdan

8 hours ago, Bogdan said:

For the past 3-4 years i have watched every carnivore and every vegan video i could find, and everything in between. I have not seen ONE person that has successfully healed their gut problems on their own, by just throwing stuff at their body.

I just watched your latest blog video and i find it so interesting that your research hasn't revealed to you the trap of the carnivore diet.

No amount of fasting and carnivore, or any other diet changes can get rid of SIBO, Leo. No amount! My claim is that everyone who says they healed their gut is either delusional or straight up lying. Or they didn't have SIBO in the first place, or their case wasn't that severe and just eliminating one food left them with no symptoms and thus they think that they're cured, when they actually aren't.

When you actually get rid of your gut issues you can eat a whole food plant based diet! It doesn't depend on your genes. No need to get rid of starches or grains. All that ancestor stuff is bullshit. You dove into a very broad category of health related things, but it's obvious to me (thanks to your teachings) that you haven't dove in deep enough in all these rabbit holes, but from how long it took me i understand. You are doing an enormous amount of work, and you dove into a way broader category of things than i have, but some of those are kinda a waste of time and some of those are misleading, like all the grains and starches being bad for you is.

I don't understand why you won't talk to someone like Gojiman, who clearly gets results, repeatedly, with many people!

I would take all the tests Gojiman says and take a consultation with him, and take his treatment exactly how he lays it out. (it doesn't have to be him, I keep talking of him specifically because i trust him and he clearly has results)

Until you do this you aren't really trying, in my opinion. 

Is all your research only videos?

@neutralempty

8 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

@Danioover9000 yeah, it suspect it would have been better if he did that but started with plants first. Because it possible the meats are ruining his gut for the plants.

You have know idea how much pain Leo is in when he's diet was mostly plant baesd. If the carnivore diet offers him some relief, he has every right to pursue the diet short term. If the carnivore diet, by your logic, is causing him pain in his gut, then he would be in so much pain he couldn't make that blog video throughout, and would have said so. 

What Leo is going through is a good example that human bodies are different and integrate foods differently. I happy that he's found some temporary relief from this, and hope this new approach to his elimination diet will heal him fully.

believe me i have tried to eliminate every single plant food/group. i had some discoveries about specific food that if i eat alot of it will make it so much worse, but i am currently in my best condition and still many farts. basically i have to eat a lot of variety,and not over do any single food. if i stick to this, my condition is the best and pretty berable. i am very happy that this is the case because it forces me to eat very varied diet which i believe is healthy. but still the farts are a burden. i am still searching for solutions. please dont offer me the obvious ones like probiotics and such,and yeah i soak my legumes for 24 hours. believe me i have tried them.they help about 10-20 precent. if you have some creative solution i would be very glad to hear.

3 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

@shahar uriel I dunno bro, i can eat 8 cans of beans on a day and no issues, fellow vegan here, 8 /9 years.

i am very jealous of you. half a can is the sweet spot for me

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It's not like it's a long-term solution. It's just an intervention. I never needed it, but some might. In the long-term you need greens/vegetables, unless you're so active and muscular that your daily caloric expenditure is such that you can hit all your micronutrient requirements with non-micronutrient-dense foods like white rice; potatoes; steak; maybe some nuts; etc.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

@integral To be fair, the carnivore diet is probably the diet that causes most suffering, is least sustainable and most likely to cause potentially irreversible long-term damage to your system.

@Zeitgeist   That's a scare tactic.  According to recent research, we are true omnivores.  So meat in our diet is not poisonous to us.  But I've done carnivore before for about a year until I just got so bored I couldn't look at another piece of meat.  I have not had any of the problems you are talking about.  In fact meat is recommended as part of an elimination diet. The last month I've gone back to eating vegetables but not strictly vegetables.  Vegetables have lectins which are toxic to many species including us, and for some people the lectins just wreak havoc on their systems.

I don't understand why you are trying to sell vegetarianism so hard.  What we eat should not be a political issue.  It's a personal issue.  What matters is if your body tolerates strictly veggies or not.  If you are sick every time you eat them, then the choice is up to you to eat them or not.  There is no meat party and veggie party that I know of, so there is nothing to debate.  Yes, I am well aware that vegetarians and meat eaters constantly argue about it, and I don't see why, personally.

10 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

@Eternity  I don't know why you are trying to avoid vegetarianism so hard, what we should eat is not an issue separate of ethics, actually nothing we do is. ethics are a part of every choice.

Besides from the fact that i already mentioned, why these omnivore/carnivore definition games are useless, because we can be healthy on vegan diets, from that point on it's an ethical issue. In addition, what @Zeitgeist said is factually correct. it's the the most environment unfriendly and unhealthy way to eat.

If you have a problem with lectins, cook your beans accordingly before you eat them.

People just have different perspectives on the issue. For instance, I have a particularly inflammatory view: if you don't train with barbells, you either don't care about your health or are ignorant of its benefits. It's just what seems to be the case, from my particular holistic view. Not everyone will agree with that, and from my perspective, that's just due to ignorance. Vegan can be healthy, vegetarian can be healthy, omnivore can be healthy. There are no hard and fast rules, but if we were to "go there," I would personally, somewhat regrettably, take non-lifters' advice on diet and especially health, with a grain of salt.

50 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

@Leo Gura How is your health after the 14 day fast that you did? Did it help in any way?

Watch the latest blog video.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

i used to lift a lot

And your long life will be due in part to that.

@Leo Gura Thank you for the interesting blog video, it was nice to also have hopeful words from a person dealing with similar issues as I have dealt for several years. Though according to breathing test I don't have SIBO but I guess IBD with food intolerances can cause those kinds of issues too.

I was curious whether carnivore diet has thus far had any effects on your cold feet and hands and pain in those areas? Also, have you tried adding MCT oil to your diet, it could further boost mental clarity and give extra boost as it is rapidly metabolized in the liver (though for some it can cause stomach distress). Have you had any electrolyte balance problems such as cramps or muscle twitching on carnivore diet?

1 minute ago, Delis said:

I was curious whether carnivore diet has thus far had any effects on your cold feet and hands and pain in those areas?

I would imagine carnivore diet not helping this at all, whatsoever. It has other benefits, but cold hands and feet due to thyroid insufficiency will only be exacerbated by daily carb intake dropping below about 125g. A modified carnivore diet with the addition of white rice and/or well-cooked well-salted potatoes may help tremendously with this, though that may defeat the purpose.

Leo, how do you think you'd fare adding white rice and/or well-cooked well-salted potatoes to your current carnivore diet? Perhaps that alteration could help to make the diet sustainable? Ensuring a minimum of ~125g carbs per day. Just thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch the latest blog video.

have you considered a fecal transplant? Kinda random but it popped into my mind after your blog video.

https://designershitdocumentary.com/fecal-transplant-for-sibo/

god bless south park. Actually on point.

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, Delis said:

@Leo Gura I was curious whether carnivore diet has thus far had any effects on your cold feet and hands and pain in those areas?

Completely gone as long as I keep eating meat regularly. If I skip a meal, it comes back. If I eat carbs or plants, it comes back. If I go vegan it is worst of all.

Also, have you tried adding MCT oil to your diet, it could further boost mental clarity and give extra boost as it is rapidly metabolized in the liver (though for some it can cause stomach distress)

I've had it before but not recently. I found it to be overhyped. I would rather consume olive oil.

Have you had any electrolyte balance problems such as cramps or muscle twitching on carnivore diet?

Nope, not at all.

43 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Leo, how do you think you'd fare adding white rice and/or well-cooked well-salted potatoes to your current carnivore diet? Perhaps that alteration could help to make the diet sustainable? Ensuring a minimum of ~125g carbs per day. Just thinking out loud.

No way. Rice and potatoes are some of the worse aggrivators of my SIBO.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.