Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Origins

how to do "creativity" - snapshot ideas

4 posts in this topic

Photoshop/Ableton: So when doing my photoshop art, what I do is create the music first now and listen to it over and over while constructing the visuals so that I'm influenced by the music

(which in turn influences the visuals I choose to construct the rest of the art)

Edited by Origins

This piece is a great one for me to analyse: ps not using any art books to guide me, I'd like my insights to be natural

I'm starting to build a vocabulary for what I'm doing; syntax, etc.

For example:

The larger zombie head should actually be much larger if its to fit into the rest of the narrative of the visuals.

This is because it is a "key visual target" that serves just as much value as the larger targets in the visual focus.

Especially because the zombie really stands out anyhow but you're almost asking "why isn't it playing a larger visual role if the goal was to stand out?", this is more the case as well because it has more "image" relationships than any other image on screen.

It has a relationship to the bullet, the wandering zombies, the Hitman character, the gun and the words within the camera lens.

The following will be re-uploaded to include the changes later tonight to include the above change along with a couple of other minor changes (erasing false horizon line right middle high and planet middle bottom)

Key words/insights: Balanced visual focus, key story objects, spatial relationship/s between objects in the context of the story they paint, image redundancy (remove things that don't need to be there/distract from the story)

In short: The importance of simply studying ones own work from an objective angle will be even more beneficial when applied here and everywhere else with the same regard

Edited by Origins