Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

is it healthy to donate blood ?

10 posts in this topic

literaly what the title says, i feel like it's not natural to lose blood but some articles say it's healthy to give blood away, but maybe it's a some social scam ting from the government or something

the question arose when i signed up to the sex clinic on monday, i remember they took fucking like 3 flasks, felt like too much so yeah i was curious

It's only unhealthy if it's dangerous for you personally, but you are probably gonna be fine. Just drink lots of fluids.

It's probably a good thing to donate blood once in a while. Some places might even pay you for it depending where you live, not to mention it's really useful for hospitals and could save someone's life.

In fact thanks for reminding me I should probably donate more often, I'm O negative which is quite rare.

hrhrhtewgfegege

11 minutes ago, levani said:

@Roy mad ting

?

hrhrhtewgfegege

haha i felt the same thing. i was like wtf yall takin all my shit ahaha 

@Jacob Morres yeah bro mad cunts taking my shit but i'm in the mindset now that if it helps other cunts they can take it

@Roy it means thank you

Think I read or heard somewhere at some point, one theory on why women tend to live longer than men, is because they menstruate. Naturally cleanses toxins from the body/blood. Long history of people using leeches to suck blood out of people to cure diseases and stuff too. Losing some blood occasionally probably does more good than harm.

(Don't know how reliable tho is):

"Iron is a building block of free radicals—molecules that contribute to aging—and studies have shown that high concentrations of iron are related to heart attacks. To get rid of excess iron, which is stored in blood, simply donate blood. To get rid of toxins stored in fat at the same time, donate plasma and drink caffeinated coffee an hour before the donation. (Donated blood always contains toxins and iron, so you’re not doing the person who receives your blood any harm.)"

13 hours ago, Yarco said:

Think I read or heard somewhere at some point, one theory on why women tend to live longer than men, is because they menstruate. Naturally cleanses toxins from the body/blood. Long history of people using leeches to suck blood out of people to cure diseases and stuff too. Losing some blood occasionally probably does more good than harm.

Women live longer than men because men are drinking more, smoking more, fighting more, doing drugs more, and taking far more material risks than women in just about every way from physical work, driving and sports. All that stuff adds up over time. If blood letting reduces these formers then maybe we can see a connection but somehow I don't think it relatively works like that. 

If you have high testosterone you may have high hematocrit -- in this case donating blood would be highly beneficial.