LastThursday

Solitary Gurus

25 posts in this topic

Gurus are solitary because this capitalist consumerist society we are living encourages the egoism, the self, and this is the opposite of spiritual development

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What nonsense is this?

An enlightened entity is infinitely spread over the whole Universe.

There are no multiple entities. There is only YOU -- God.

When you fully awaken you become everyone and everything.

So the enlightened entity already exists in this form, i.e. it is the whole Universe. And, metaphorically all "i" have to do is break free of the pig pen? And as "i" haven't done so yet, then enlightenment will continue to be a figment of "my" imagination. All that is happening is, is that the enlightened entity in its various ways is screaming at me to wake up?

All stories and explanations are false.

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

So the enlightened entity already exists in this form, i.e. it is the whole Universe. And, metaphorically all "i" have to do is break free of the pig pen? And as "i" haven't done so yet, then enlightenment will continue to be a figment of "my" imagination. All that is happening is, is that the enlightened entity in its various ways is screaming at me to wake up?

Yup.

The only obstacle is a sense of finite self.

Whenever you think of yourself as something less than EVERYTHING, that's the obstacle. Anything less than EVERYTHING isn't your full nature.

Look at a toilet and whisper to yourself, "That's me!" And keep doing that until you stop feeling human.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup.

The only obstacle is a sense of finite self.

Whenever you think of yourself as something less than EVERYTHING, that's the obstacle. Anything less than EVERYTHING isn't your full nature.

Look at a toilet and whisper to yourself, "That's me!" And keep doing that until you stop feeling human.

Sounds like a great enlightenment practice while being in the toilet, lol!

I know someone who is permanently in a dissociative no-ego state, he said that he is easily convinced or manipulated because his ego is not vigilant most of the time.

Some teachers who enter a relationship with people who are not interested in spiritual practice, tend to change for the worse, because the other persons ego has a strong influence on how they act.

At least that's what I heard.