Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CBDinfused

is the true self "nothing" or infinite love?

42 posts in this topic

God is not an object. God is an infinite field of consciousness which imagines all objects. This field is Nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is not an object. God is an infinite field of consciousness which imagines all objects. This field is Nothing.

Are you experiencing God right now while reading this or is it a memory of a insight you got in a pschycodelic trip?

10 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Are you experiencing God right now while reading this or is it a memory of a insight you got in a pschycodelic trip?

Everything is God. So here it is.

I'm not blasting out of my mind right this moment, but I'm aware that this room I'm sitting in is God.

You don't need to be tripping balls to know your present experience is God.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything is God. So here it is.

I'm not blasting out of my mind right this moment, but I'm aware that this room I'm sitting in is God.

You don't need to be tripping balls to know your present experience is God.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know man, the thing is what you say and other masters says are very different and I don't know what should I believe you experience is ontologically superior (no ofense). The other guys looks like went deeper than you.

And the OP and me are not the only ones who are confused whit this topic. Honestly I want to believe you because the idea that essence of reality is not Love but Nothing and after dead there is nothing broke my heart.

Edited by RedLine

4 minutes ago, RedLine said:

The other guys looks like went deeper than you.

Hehe...

Or maybe it's the other way around ;)

Find out for yourself which is which.

But there is no contradiction between Truth, Love, God, and Nothingness. These are all facets of the same exact thing.

All the greatest mystics teach about Love. Don't poo-poo that clue ;)

@RedLine when it hits ya you'll be roiling around on the floor drowning in it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, RedLine said:

God right now

God,You , and Now are the same one Reality.
God is infinite/eternal
You, are not other than God and are also eternal
Now, is not in time or space and therefore also eternal.

The absence of time,is the Presence of God.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehe...

Or maybe it's the other way around ;)

Find out for yourself which is true.

But there is no contradiction between Truth, Love, God, and Nothingness. These are all facets of the same exact thing.

Michael Taft for example took 700 trips of LSD and he is also an arahat and as long as I know he is a God denial.

Maybe you and him are expressing the same with verty different language, I don't know, it is very confused.

10 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Michael Taft for example took 700 trips of LSD and he is also an arahat and as long as I know he is a God denial.

Maybe you and him are expressing the same with verty different language, I don't know, it is very confused.

Yeah, well, and Jesus told you are God.

So who you gonna believe?

You see that belief is not gonna cut it here.

7 minutes ago, RedLine said:

God is just another name of the countless names given to that which is nameless. If you feel more comfortable with Buddhism substitute "God" with Nirvana,or Emptiness,or No-self or just invent a new one .

@CBDinfused Buddhist assign the element air (which is nothing) to the heart chakra. I suggest you look into that to understand why love is nothing.

In Tate we trust

@CBDinfused

I do not claim to speak for the philosophy of any group, but I can tell you of this from being a human Being.

For starters, there are no "levels" and while various models of various things have their place, you would do well to transcend them.

Next, very simply, hatred is divisive and love is unifying. True Love of course contains and loves all hatred which in this context then ceases to be. Ultimate Love is like that with all else, it surrounds and swallows up everything in Creation to the point of collapsing all in destruction by revealing unification. Powerful hatred is also a great, but far lesser, destroyer and is a dark unifier but through division and to the deluded extreme of only hatered of hatred remaining of an egoic identity. Because of this hatered can be used as an effective, although conventionally very dangerous and profoundly unhealthy, tool by the spiritual seeker. Ultimately though, hatred cannot overcome itself or Love, while Love can overcome hatred and all else by integration, unification, and beautiful creative destruction to the point of being an absolute unity of infinite Nothingness.

A bit more practically speaking, a major defining aspect of being awake to/as Love is to be in love with Creation, to be selflessly in love with YourSelf.

Have you ever loved a work of art? Has a work of art of any sort ever brought you tears of joy? Have you ever loved a human being as a work of art and more? Has the shape, the intricacies, the totality, the body-mind and spirit of another ever made you forget yourself and your world? Have you ever felt orgasmic-like bliss unrelated to sexual stimulation, but instead from deep bodily embraced love of any person, place, or thing? Has your sense of self ever dissolved in your love of another like a partner, a friend, your offspring, your sibling, or maybe even a pet?

To be awake as/in/to Love is like these things. You are the Everything that is Nothing that is Love itself. In being a human being Love, all you encounter is like a beautiful living loving work of divine art. From flowers and sunsets to death and dung, all can bring tears of joy, ecstatic orgasmic transcendence, and self-dissolution to Nothing, to no personal subjects or objects, to only Self being Love.

This is Your stateless state, as in not an altered state of seemingly human consciousness, but the Actual base state of formless Consciousness itself that plays at being your humanity and all else. It is the Meta-Subject that is You and there are no objects, only Everything that is Nothing that is Love as Absolute Unity.

And all of this can seemingly take place in Being a human, but when aware of it One will know better, lol :)

I hope this makes at least some sense?

4 hours ago, Ryan R said:

@CBDinfused

I do not claim to speak for the philosophy of any group, but I can tell you of this from being a human Being.

For starters, there are no "levels" and while various models of various things have their place, you would do well to transcend them.

Next, very simply, hatred is divisive and love is unifying. True Love of course contains and loves all hatred which in this context then ceases to be. Ultimate Love is like that with all else, it surrounds and swallows up everything in Creation to the point of collapsing all in destruction by revealing unification. Powerful hatred is also a great, but far lesser, destroyer and is a dark unifier but through division and to the deluded extreme of only hatered of hatred remaining of an egoic identity. Because of this hatered can be used as an effective, although conventionally very dangerous and profoundly unhealthy, tool by the spiritual seeker. Ultimately though, hatred cannot overcome itself or Love, while Love can overcome hatred and all else by integration, unification, and beautiful creative destruction to the point of being an absolute unity of infinite Nothingness.

A bit more practically speaking, a major defining aspect of being awake to/as Love is to be in love with Creation, to be selflessly in love with YourSelf.

Have you ever loved a work of art? Has a work of art of any sort ever brought you tears of joy? Have you ever loved a human being as a work of art and more? Has the shape, the intricacies, the totality, the body-mind and spirit of another ever made you forget yourself and your world? Have you ever felt orgasmic-like bliss unrelated to sexual stimulation, but instead from deep bodily embraced love of any person, place, or thing? Has your sense of self ever dissolved in your love of another like a partner, a friend, your offspring, your sibling, or maybe even a pet?

To be awake as/in/to Love is like these things. You are the Everything that is Nothing that is Love itself. In being a human being Love, all you encounter is like a beautiful living loving work of divine art. From flowers and sunsets to death and dung, all can bring tears of joy, ecstatic orgasmic transcendence, and self-dissolution to Nothing, to no personal subjects or objects, to only Self being Love.

This is Your stateless state, as in not an altered state of seemingly human consciousness, but the Actual base state of formless Consciousness itself that plays at being your humanity and all else. It is the Meta-Subject that is You and there are no objects, only Everything that is Nothing that is Love as Absolute Unity.

And all of this can seemingly take place in Being a human, but when aware of it One will know better, lol :)

Thank you Ryan for speaking my language, a clear explanation. 

On 4/9/2021 at 2:51 PM, CBDinfused said:

I am having a hard time understanding the philosophy of this group as semantics often get into the way but could someone please clarify some things for me?

It seems like the "levels" one goes through, in the path to enlightenment are something along the lines of surrendering all concepts (the self, the body, thought, the mind) and eventually you will reach a state where you are experiencing "pure being" which some call "infinite love" - but then I have also heard that there is a step further, when even the observer is dissolved into nothingness, in which case, why is love the true self? isn't it nothingness? 

The reason why I ask is because I often hear enlightened ones speaking about things like "everything is love" or that "love is what binds the universe together", but it is difficult for me to understand why love has this position of superiority, as opposed to its opposite, which is hate and/or ego consciousness. 

I guess why I am asking is because I want to know how to better explain to others that the true self is "infinite love", rather than the true self being "Nothing" and love and ego/separation radiate equally from this point. How would you explain to someone that love is the real state, in a world filled equally with suffering, pain, hatred etc? (I understand that when you meditate, and clear your mind, you gravitate towards love, but that doesn't mean it is the "true self", it only means that it is another state of many. Plus, most people don't meditate so who is to say that infinite love is the natural or true state, when you could argue that ego consciousness is actually the true state, and infinite love is a heightened state gained through meditation). 

On a side note, Did Buddha ever speak about love? Because it seems to be absent from the mainstream doctrine at least. It seems more like that the true self is simply lack of attachment (even to the people around you) until you realize that all is nothing.  He did speak about compassion, but Buddhist literature seems void of the concept of "dissolving the ego to unlock selfless love" while it seems to be the core message of say, Christianity. 

There are moments of oneness with the Beloved, absolutely ecstasy and bliss. That is nothingness. And this nothingness loves you, responds to you, fulfills you utterly and yet there is nothing there. You flow out like a river without diminishing.

Irina Tweedie (Sufi Master)

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 10/04/2021 at 10:40 AM, Ryan R said:

@CBDinfused

sublime stuff ryan thanks x

On 4/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, RedLine said:

Shinzen Young spent his youth tripping balls before going off to be a monk in multiple denominations of buddhism. He regularly uses the “G” word... and also equates emptiness with Love. Multiple videos of his on YouTube to confirm this. Thousands of hours of meditation under his belt and no contradiction with Leo's insights from psychedelics. Shinzen’s language is VERY biased towards buddhism, and he’s a legitimate buddhist scholar, still unafraid to call emptiness God and love.

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Shinzen Young spent his youth tripping balls before going off to be a monk in multiple denominations of buddhism. He regularly uses the “G” word... and also equates emptiness with Love. Multiple videos of his on YouTube to confirm this. Thousands of hours of meditation under his belt and no contradiction with Leo's insights from psychedelics. Shinzen’s language is VERY biased towards buddhism, and he’s a legitimate buddhist scholar, still unafraid to call emptiness God and love.

No, He is not convinced, check this out: 

48 minutes ago, RedLine said:

No, He is not convinced, check this out: 

I'm going based on his talks given on multiple meditation retreats I've done with him. Sorry I can't reference that, but if you go on YouTube you'll find Shinzen equating Emptiness with Love and God, though not as blatantly as Leo. Whether he believes that is the "Ultimate Truth" is another matter. This thread was about Nothing = Infinite Love, in which case Shinzen would agree. What he might disagree with is whether this is the final truth. My point was that not all serious meditation teachers are in contradiction with what Leo says.