BlurryBoi

Financial Freedom to go all-in on your Life Purpose

13 posts in this topic

Intro : 

I'm 19, and i'm really sick of Universities and 9-5 jobs. It takes sooo much of my Time and Energy away.

And even when i have some time off i'm always thinking about making money so i can free myself from what society has planned for us.

Being trapped by all those "obligations" keeps me stuck in some kind of homeostasis, i can't take risks, i can't do what i love (hell i don't even want to do what i love when i get home after that), it makes it so fxcking hard to actualize myself.

My goal isn't to "make millions of dollars", what i truly want is to be Free to do that wich Fulfills me and actualize myself.

My Perspective :

I don't need to "retire at the age of 20", i just need 5 to 10 years of financial freedom so i can focus 100% on what truly matter and make it a business.

No way you wouldn't be successful if you were free to go literally all-in on your Life Purpose (mastering it, and finding a way to make it your stream of income), you can do big things in 5 years, and don't even get me started on 10 years of Time !

There's no way it wouldn't be worth it (compared to keeping the basic lifestyle of chasing money and staying normal/safe).

I'm seriously considering to put 90% of my "savings" into covering all the costs of life (around 40k to 80k, and living in a van as it is way cheaper and a great minimalist lifestyle). 

What's your view on it ? I could use some different and wise perspectives.

Thanks for reading, i hope it sparks some ideas for someone in a similar place.

If you're already sick of school and 9-5 jobs by 19 I have bad news for you. You can't get financial freedom by doing less than you currently are. In the short term it takes more work. Getting a 9 to 5 is actually the easiest route where you just mindlessly clock in and pay is guaranteed no matter how productive you are.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:35 AM, BlurryBoi said:

I'm seriously considering to put 90% of my "savings" into covering all the costs of life (around 40k to 80k, and living in a van as it is way cheaper and a great minimalist lifestyle). 

You have 40 - 80k saved up by 19? You're already waaaaaaaay ahead of most people.

Couple options:

- Keep that pace up for the next 5 years. Work your butt off as hard as you can and save every penny. Then you can have your 5 years of financial freedom.

- Work a reasonable 9 - 5 and then spend every hour of your free time in evenings/weekends working on your life purpose instead of watching TV or other time-wasting activities. After you get home and make dinner, you should have at least 3 hours a night to work on your LP. Plus 8 hours per day on Saturday/Sunday. That's 31 hours per week, or 1600 hours a year. That's basically devoting a full-time job's worth of time to your life purpose if you don't include lunch and breaks.

For most people, living in a van is nothing more than a romantic notion. Like going to live in a cave and becoming a monk, or moving way out into the country and starting a farm with no relevant knowledge or experience. The actual day-to-day of living in a van might not be as enjoyable as you think, and actually interferes with most life purposes and makes it harder. You'll have to spend time and energy each day figuring out where you're going to sleep, worrying about getting hassled by police and asked to move on at night, figuring out where you're going to shower and take a shit, where you're going to get internet.

Do it. Many young people make the mistake of valueing money too high. Your time is the most valueable resource your have. If you can work on your life purpose from a van then do it. Otherwise find ways to both fund your lifestyle and find time to invest in your life purpose.

Also sometimes I see people always complaining about not having enough time. This mindset can be detrimental as it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and it's not very inspiring.

12 hours ago, Yarco said:

Work a reasonable 9 - 5 and then spend every hour of your free time in evenings/weekends working on your life purpose instead of watching TV or other time-wasting activities. After you get home and make dinner, you should have at least 3 hours a night to work on your LP. Plus 8 hours per day on Saturday/Sunday. That's 31 hours per week, or 1600 hours a year. That's basically devoting a full-time job's worth of time to your life purpose if you don't include lunch and breaks.

Thanks for your answer man, thats quite inspiring, i just gotta find a 9-5 that isn't soul crushing for me, wich i see are over-saturated right now.

The thing is that classic 9-5 jobs (wich are kinda the only ones accessible) destroy any momentum i'm building. Even if i'm paid the minimum wage, i see that as a big waste of Time, Potential, and potentially money in the long run. 

@Zeitgeist I haven't found my LP yet. Thats the thing. (But i think it has something to do with Designing and Improving things)

Thats why i'm planning to go all-in in discovering my LP in the 1rst year of F.Freedom. (removing all the "noise" & non-necessary dopamine triggers in my life)

Then as i see it, i'll be Really building and mastering the skills in the 2nd, 3rd and 4rth year. And making it my source of income in the last year or two (just need a few hundred bucks a month and i'm ok).

The main challenge will be to stay hungry, strategic & out of the confort zone.

Not easy. Risky. Lot of work. But definitely better than staying mediocre in a boring 9-5. 

@universe

18 minutes ago, universe said:

Many young people make the mistake of valueing money too high. Your time is the most valueable resource your have. 

Yeah man, exactly. Investing my 20's in Personnal Development & LP, rather than staying normal/safe, is the right way for me.

Gotta make use of Neuroplasticity while its still fresh, shaping your subconscious so that it uplifts you.

I'm aware i have some fears of chosing this way while not knowing my LP yet. 

But how i'm really not sure i can find it while being surrounded by all this "noise" and obligations.

Just now, BlurryBoi said:

But how i'm really not sure i can find it while being surrounded by all this "noise" and obligations.

It is tough, but absolutely possible to do it. What helped me is patience, the ability to focus and not getting lost in distractions and seeing every situation in the most beneficial way. Oh and don´t forget to enjoy the journey! ^_^

You can also try different jobs, gain experience and than live in your van for some time or travel around or take time off between different things that you are doing. 

23 minutes ago, BlurryBoi said:

The main challenge will be to stay hungry, strategic & out of the confort zone.

Yep, just keep going! Having a clear vision and a strong why can help with that. 

@BlurryBoi Careful with that 9-5 path. Many people here are working 9-5 and don't know what they are talking about/doing. This "just work 9-5 and just save for 5-10" years is a huge trap, you just waste your life by simply having huge opportunity cost. 

Consider going middle path and creating some kind of a skill-based cash flow business that can given you transfteable skills/experiences for your future LP. I am talking about things like design, 3D art, writing/copy writing, marketing, advertising, branding, any kind of expert-based consulting, programming if you're into it, even professional independent sales, et cetera. 

It's infinitely less soul-draining to do this stuff even if it's not your LP yet. And you also get rewarded very well for your skill and creativity. On a regular job you don't get rewarded at all, typically, unless you deliberately find some more high consciousness job with people who value these things

Edited by Hello from Russia

@BlurryBoi It really depends on a number of factors:

1) How serious and disciplined you are with actualising your LP. Is there a possibility that you won't succeed? 

2) How clear is your vision and road map for achieving that? If your only goal is to 'be Free to do that wich Fulfills me and actualize myself', thats simply not good enough. 

3) Are you already putting in the hours despite not liking your current situation? Very easy to think about doing this kind of stuff, but actually sitting down and putting in the hours and hours of work is 10,000x more difficult. You must be actively working on your LP now. How many hours a day are you already putting in? There is no excuse here. I work a 9-5 and still manage to put in atleast 2-3 hours of work every day.

4) How much prior work have you done? How many other projects have you started? How much experimentation have you done? What makes you think that your current vision/plan will work?

I'm also unclear as to how much savings you have? Is it 40k? 80k? Or is that referring to the costs of life? 40k for 5 years would be a stretch.

It's difficult to give advice because every person's live situation is too complex and nuanced. But if you've got the money saved I don't see why you could take 1-2 years off to test it out and see where things go.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 4/9/2021 at 6:35 AM, BlurryBoi said:

Intro : 

I'm 19, and i'm really sick of Universities and 9-5 jobs. It takes sooo much of my Time and Energy away.

And even when i have some time off i'm always thinking about making money so i can free myself from what society has planned for us.

There isn’t a society that has plans for you. Careful thinking that way, as that is your outlook & perspective. If it feels off, consider that is the discord which is draining of energy, and for so long as the resistant perspective is believed, your time. 

Being trapped by all those "obligations" keeps me stuck in some kind of homeostasis, i can't take risks, i can't do what i love (hell i don't even want to do what i love when i get home after that), it makes it so fxcking hard to actualize myself.

Same factor. The “obligations” are your perspective, not someone else’s. If they are someone else, it’s still up to you to agree or not. 

My goal isn't to "make millions of dollars", what i truly want is to be Free to do that wich Fulfills me and actualize myself.

That is already the case. It’s what you’re already doing. Allow yourself the great feeling of recognizing this, that great feeling can ‘move the mountains’ of your life. 

My Perspective :

I don't need to "retire at the age of 20", i just need 5 to 10 years of financial freedom so i can focus 100% on what truly matter and make it a business.

Focus has no price. Focusing on what you want feels very, very different than focusing on what you need

No way you wouldn't be successful if you were free to go literally all-in on your Life Purpose (mastering it, and finding a way to make it your stream of income), you can do big things in 5 years, and don't even get me started on 10 years of Time !

You’re already free to go “all in” with focus on what you want. More insights arise around it, since thoughts attract in kind (similarly). That is already happening, and will never happen in a future. 

There's no way it wouldn't be worth it (compared to keeping the basic lifestyle of chasing money and staying normal/safe).

What is, as in ‘where you’re at’ is fine, what will be, as in what you’re focused on, is also fine. They are really one in the same. 

What's your view on it ? I could use some different and wise perspectives.

Thanks for reading, i hope it sparks some ideas for someone in a similar place.

Make two lists, what you do want and what you don’t want. Which you want more will surface. Don’t work against yourself with conditional happiness. Put how you feel first. That means focusing on thoughts which resonate & inspire. Everything you want to experience arises of that. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I would also suggest what Hello from Russia already implied.

If you are a student of personal development, changes are that you will eventually come up with a huge vision and sense of purpose. And if you're a serious student of personal development, changes are that that purpose is not gonna be about money and success, but something more noble. That means you're gonna need solid capital to make that happen.

If you have intuition for something higher, keep that thing in your back pocket, let it evolve and develop while you are going for a smaller purpose, purpose that will give you the financial freedom you seek for. You don't need to know your higher goal too strictly yet, it will become more and more visible while you learn more about life and yourself, when you try, fail and learn again and again and again.

So you could basically let's say go get a degree on something that's about designing -- which is what you like. You try to suck as much information of the subject as possible to become competent on your field. Going down that road different opportunities will occur, which you will follow to create a high value conscious business that will inspire others and make your wallet thick.

At that point your intuition card in your back pocket has evolved to level 2, which means you can start going towards the next purpose, what ever that card shows you, and you can do it without worrying about paying your bills :)

On 4/10/2021 at 8:44 PM, Yarco said:

If you're already sick of school and 9-5 jobs by 19 I have bad news for you. You can't get financial freedom by doing less than you currently are. In the short term it takes more work. Getting a 9 to 5 is actually the easiest route where you just mindlessly clock in and pay is guaranteed no matter how productive you are.

You have 40 - 80k saved up by 19? You're already waaaaaaaay ahead of most people.

Couple options:

- Keep that pace up for the next 5 years. Work your butt off as hard as you can and save every penny. Then you can have your 5 years of financial freedom.

- Work a reasonable 9 - 5 and then spend every hour of your free time in evenings/weekends working on your life purpose instead of watching TV or other time-wasting activities. After you get home and make dinner, you should have at least 3 hours a night to work on your LP. Plus 8 hours per day on Saturday/Sunday. That's 31 hours per week, or 1600 hours a year. That's basically devoting a full-time job's worth of time to your life purpose if you don't include lunch and breaks.

For most people, living in a van is nothing more than a romantic notion. Like going to live in a cave and becoming a monk, or moving way out into the country and starting a farm with no relevant knowledge or experience. The actual day-to-day of living in a van might not be as enjoyable as you think, and actually interferes with most life purposes and makes it harder. You'll have to spend time and energy each day figuring out where you're going to sleep, worrying about getting hassled by police and asked to move on at night, figuring out where you're going to shower and take a shit, where you're going to get internet.

Yea, living in a van your pretty much a homeless bum. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary