There is no me to let go only the illusion of me

14 posts in this topic

There is no me to reference to.

I have no I to realize

"It's all happening, and no one is doing it" - Me

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Yep free fall / dancing emptiness

And even that is just a story ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

god wanted to play in the universe but in order to do so it needed to forget itself so it can enjoy through eyes of awe and wonder

our forgetting is what is called the ego, we think we are separate from what we see

our remembering is the end of ego, now the entire universe is one connected entity

ego is neither good nor bad, it just enables us to see the universe and put our own individual spin on it

without ego, god is back to being god again, and so the game of the universe has vanished

Edited by gettoefl

13 hours ago, Kalo said:

You are not and will never be God.

You as the separate self that youre posting this as cannot be God because God realization is the disintegration of that.  God is God.  But when we say you are God we mean that ultimately or Absolutely there is no separation between you and God because all of this is One.   All separation is illusion.    Many who have attained the realization of no self will then describe it as "this" .  And feel they need to refrain from the word "you" because they are using the word "you" in the context of the ego, which has been revealed as illusory.   It is this, but the word this seems to lack something.  This is aware, this is sentient.   And this is not separate from you as God.    Language can only get across so much and then breaks down....The word "you" can be tricky - it does not have to mean a biological self or the idea of an ego.   It can be used to mean God or Infinity.   You are God is ithe same as God is God. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Kalo lol why are u so obsessed with not being God.

The ego is the illusion.

The ego is God thinking it's not God. Lol.

Of course you are God.

Yea, there isn't even someone or something to be let go of. When something is actually let go of it is the death and the total absence of that thing. If there is still consciousness of what is claimed to be let go of, it hasn't been let go of. Letting go is absolutely impersonal, it has nothing to do with consciousness. Consciousness is holding on to things, and the mind uses consciousness to try and get rid of it. The ultimate let go is that it isn't here now already, the illusion is that there is an illusion. 

@Javfly33  interesting ... if there's something existing which isn't God (Supreme Formless Godhead) then there's a split in reality between God and not-God. And that means, as far as I understand, that God isn't the greatest, or infinite. So:

Reality = God + not-God

:. Reality > God. 

And if both God and not-God (ie me and you) are both finite, then Reality is finite too. BTW this is also my answer to the ontological proof of God. Seems strange to put this into mathematical form, perhaps there's a flaw in my logic I can't see yet.  

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl everything  is God.  And thus everything is You!  It's just a matter of becoming conscious of it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@snowyowl I think your “math” is a little off. This is my take. 

God = The Totality of Existence

God = Everything

Saying God + not God is to simply misunderstand what God is and also what you are. Your concept of God is insufficient, as are all concepts of such a thing. Your divisions between that concept and the concept of yourself are imaginary borders in much the same way a country’s borders are. The outcome or effects of having the mental border is concrete and potentially large/profound, but the border itself is not in accordance with anything that is actual that would divide two things. Your idea of God can never be God. Your idea of a boundary between you and God can never be actual because the boundaries themselves are mostly arbitrary lines of separation not to mention both subjects in this case are merely mental abstractions themselves (the idea of God and idea of you). 

Reality = God = Everything = Truth = Existence = What is = Love = Impermanence = Infinity = Perfection = Eternity... I could go on. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Inliytened1  @BipolarGrowth yeah I agree that the pantheist God is the only one I can use, otherwise I'm an atheist. My maths is a way of trying to show what happens if I assume I'm separate from God. Or anything else for that matter, like the devil or physical existence. God is no longer the greatest, undermining the traditional theology. 

Then you don't need to be a believer in God, these other words like Reality, Existence, Being, Everything, Nothing work just as well, which the mainstream religions obviously don't like.

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Would you say you as a limited human ego are identical with the Godhead? 

Sometimes. When the ego recognizes it's own lack of foundation, it reverts to the Godhead. Both are God being what it is. 

Like lucid dreaming, there is awareness that it's a dream, while still being in the dream.. It's only when fully awake, that the dream disappears completely. 

The funny thing about making distinctions, is that all distinctions are dual in nature, and these dualities can be transcended. 

It can be realized that even as limited human ego, that's what God IS, when it's that. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 4/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, Mason Riggle said:

Sometimes. When the ego recognizes it's own lack of foundation, it reverts to the Godhead. Both are God being what it is. 

Like lucid dreaming, there is awareness that it's a dream, while still being in the dream.. It's only when fully awake, that the dream disappears completely. 

The funny thing about making distinctions, is that all distinctions are dual in nature, and these dualities can be transcended. 

It can be realized that even as limited human ego, that's what God IS, when it's that. 

? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi