Husseinisdoingfine

What is exactly wrong with soy?

32 posts in this topic

@Husseinisdoingfine

8 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Body builders seldom consume fresh fruits and vegetables, they consume copious amounts of protein instead.

A few do consume some fruits and vegetables as well, just that most of them eat way more protein. You could also eat a lot of lentils and beans to make up for the protein problem, and if you don't mind, include eggs as well. Just like the mod said earlier, eating a natural sourced soy, tempeh or tofu is okey.

However, also plan on how you'll exit out of the body building safely to do other forms of exercise, as this out of most other styles of exercising the body puts more stress in your body, from the build up of microscopic muscle tears to internal stress from eating larger potions. It's a demanding form of exercise physically  and mentally that will effect you in other areas of life as well.

Many bodybuilders eat pure garbage. Fast food, pastries, etc.

Just because you got big muscles does not mean you're living healthy. This is an easy conflation to make.

When I was bulking up for strength training I would eat an entire pack of Klondike Bars per day in one 1 sitting, and then a half chicken with all the sides, and a couple of whey shakes.

When you are young you can get away with such things.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura so lifting weights and high intensity workouts are not healthy too ? 

@Leo Gura would you say them that daily 20 min of cardio is overkill? Obviously im not taking things black or white but im curious what so do you think would be the sweet spot, between "wearing out your heart" and "mantainance work"

Certified lazy skeptic and armchair philosopher

Exercise (cardio) will temporarily increase your heart rate, but it will decrease you resting heart rate. So even though your heart rate might go really high for a short amount of time, overall you will have way less heart beats in 80 years than someone who didn't exercise much in that time. So your heart will be less "worn out" and could keep going for much longer.

Every perspective has at least a piece of the truth in it.

No one is capable of being 100% wrong.

1 hour ago, TheAlchemist said:

Exercise (cardio) will temporarily increase your heart rate, but it will decrease you resting heart rate. So even though your heart rate might go really high for a short amount of time, overall you will have way less heart beats in 80 years than someone who didn't exercise much in that time. So your heart will be less "worn out" and could keep going for much longer.

Exactly! Well said

I absolutely agree with what @Leo Gurasaid about increased heartbeat reducing overall longevity, the biological tissue does undergo wear & tear and the more cells have to repair the faster telomeres on the end of DNA molecules get shortened and depleted. No tissue in the body can last forever. 

But what is important to say is that doing regular bouts of high intensity training (despite it bringing the heart rate to 180) helps to reduce the long term resting heart rate which is important. Cardio and exercise should not be avoided when striving for longevity however extreme forms such as competitive bodybuilding, marathons and triathlons are actually really harmful for the human body due to super high levels of oxidative damage. 

I'm surprised whenever people tell me that have "normal" heart rate of 90 beats per minute. Ideally you should be able to get your HB to 50 even 48 when you relax your breath 

MY WEBSITE  I'm a certified nutritionist & health coach. I help men & women who struggle with chronic health problems, to remember what happy & healthy feels like. 

HEALTH E-BOOKS - learn how to boost your mental performance, energy and health (free download) 

4 hours ago, Elton said:

@Leo Gura so lifting weights and high intensity workouts are not healthy too ?

They are healthy if done in a healthy way.

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

@Leo Gura would you say them that daily 20 min of cardio is overkill? Obviously im not taking things black or white but im curious what so do you think would be the sweet spot, between "wearing out your heart" and "mantainance work"

Look, you guys are taking what I said too simplistically. Now you're gonna spend the rest of your life worrying about working out or you'll die. This is not what I said. Do not look at this issue too simplistically. MANY FACTORS AT PLAY!

20 min of cardio is the bare minimum. Building up the heart's endurance is a good thing.

1 hour ago, TheAlchemist said:

That is a good point. Like I said, many factors at play.

There is no one simple answer to the lifespan question. It's gonna require finding a complex sweetspot. And besides, who said maximizing your lifespan is even the goal? It's not gonna kill you to eat an ice cream once in a while. Don't become too puritanical about being perfectly optimized. That is a recipe for suffering. Enjoy life a bit.

Posted (edited)

On 4/9/2021 at 9:36 AM, Michael569 said:

Glyphosate (no. 1 brand is Roundup)

You seem to be an expert on this matter. I was wondering if you knew of a natural alternative to roundup that would protect my plants against insects? I've recently began growing some vegetables (peas, carrots, lettuce, broccoli) and I have notice that some of my leaves have holes in them that I assume are from insects eating them. 

Edited by NorthRise

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All protein powders are gonna be problematic, whether plant or animal or milk based. Because they concentrate toxins so much.

I would avoid protein powders as much as possible, even organic ones. Organic plant based powders have actually been found to contain MORE heavy metals than non-organic!

The thing is, bodybuilding isn't healthy. One day it will dawn on you.

Keep in mind, your caloric intake is directly proportional to your lifespan. The more calories you burn through in a day, the shorter you will live. Also, the more heartbeats you have in a day, the shorter you will live. There is a deep biological connection between heartbeats per minute and lifespan.

The lifespan of a humming bird is 3-5 years.

Heart rate: 1,260 BPM!

Just think about that number. 21 beats per second! Talk about living life at light speed. Beep beep :D

What about wheatgrass powder?

My journal on self-actualization, relationships and dating:

Pickup Express Journal

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Expensive.

9 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Your guess is as good as mine.

10 hours ago, NorthRise said:

I was wondering if you knew of a natural alternative to roundup

Pyrethrins

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/pyrethrins.html

You still don't want to ingest it but way better than RoundUp.