Holygrail

Can two identical things exist within infinity?

27 posts in this topic

For example, when we see a red item one day, will it be the exact same red when we see it another day, or will be a slightly different shade of red? Or can two identical things exist or is reality just a infinite gradient of differences?

Edited by Holygrail

If two things were truly identical, you could not distinguish one from the other, and they would literally become 1 thing.

By definition, 2 requires some difference or distinction.

In the case of red, at the least these two reds would have to differ in their x,y,z coordinates.

It should be possible to have some qualities be identical though. Not in all ways, but in partial ways. For example, all protons have the same charge (I would assume).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Rather than asking whether 2 identical things exist, maybe realize that 2 is the dream itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If two things were truly identical, you could not distinguish one from the other, and they would literally become 1 thing.

By definition, 2 requires some difference or distinction.

In the case of red, at the least these two reds would have to differ in their x,y,z coordinates.

That makes sense, they are still different because of their differing coordinates, so at least one distinction exists among them to make them different though they are partially still the same. 

Edited by Holygrail

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Rather than asking whether 2 identical things exist, maybe realize that 2 is the dream itself.

Hmmmm, they're both consciousness and therefore one, can still be distinct because of their coordinates or because they're different shades at some point within the boundary of each one...

4 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

Hmmmm, they're both consciousness and therefore one, can still be distinct because of their coordinates or because they're different shades at some point within the boundary of each one...

Do coordinates require space? Do boundaries require separation? What happens when space and boundaries dissolve? :) Consciousness is all there is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Do coordinates require space? Do boundaries require separation? What happens when space and boundaries dissolve? :) Consciousness is all there is.

yes, its all interconnected, space is what connects things, boundaries are a relative thing.. but maybe within this infinite gradient of differences can exist two identical things while obviously not being fully identical because of the coordinates, like two exact same shades of red.

Edited by Holygrail

4 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

yes, its all interconnected, space is what connects things, boundaries are a relative thing.. but maybe within this infinite gradient of differences can exist two identical things while obviously not being fully identical because of the coordinates, like two exact same shades of red.

How do you feel about space? Maybe things happen within space, but the space itself is who you actually are. All the things, with their similarities and differences, are creations that arise and dissolve within the space of you. What if you are the ocean, and the tremulous waves are simply artistic expressions of who you ultimately are?

12 minutes ago, Moksha said:

How do you feel about space? Maybe things happen within space, but the space itself is who you actually are. All the things, with their similarities and differences, are creations that arise and dissolve within the space of you. What if you are the ocean, and the tremulous waves are simply artistic expressions of who you ultimately are?

Yes, I am the space, the space is filled with air molecules which connects my body and everything within my bubble of perception.. even if i were in outer space, the vacuum is still filled with things, even things that we can't currently perceive with our current instruments which connects me to everything I'm directly perceiving.. its consciousness connected to consciousness connected to consciousness... And all the cool things within this "space" is an artistic expression of who I am :)

Edited by Holygrail

@Holygrail There can be only One ?

This is a just a word game.  'two identical' is a 'round square'.  

Can a square be round? No, by definition, squares are not round.. if a square is round, then it never was a square.  

Can there be 'two of 1 thing'?  That question doesn't even make sense. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The apparent change is so ‘slow’, relative to the apparent perception, that it seems like there are ‘things”. There isn’t even one ‘thing’, let alone two identical or different things. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There isn’t even one ‘thing’, let alone two identical or different things. 

You should say there are no separate things... Or things lack inherent independent existence etc 

.. Otherwise this confuses a lot of people. :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

2 iphones

identity (n.)

c. 1600, "sameness, oneness, state of being the same," from French identité (14c.), from Medieval Latin identitatem (nominative identitas) "sameness," ultimately from Latin idem (neuter) "the same" (see idem). 

Are the 2 iphones the "same" phone? 

@Mason Riggle yes. i have even their ipods and first generation ipad

2 of all these items. and it's literally the exact same. they make it very much mold like. all devices is the same phone

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

38 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You should say there are no separate things... Or things lack inherent independent existence etc 

.. Otherwise this confuses a lot of people. :)

Why though, when truth feels so good? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

32 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

2 of all these items. and it's literally the exact same. they make it very much mold like. all devices is the same phone

They exist at separate coordinates in the dimension of space otherwise they would be one phone :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

24 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

There are microscopic variations, too small for the eye to see.

When you say 'same', what you mean is 'similar' (alike in almost every way). 

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Why though, when truth feels so good? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho