Focus Shift

Do You Believe In Miracles?

7 posts in this topic

Huxley points out that although mystics acknowledge miracles as "real" they are a distraction to true spirituality. What do you make of psychic powers, the paranormal, and levitation? I levitate in this one for real! I didn't use After Effects I promise

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

As I've shared before, I find little value in esoteric explorations. I don't discredit them, I just don't see them as helpful for spiritual growth. Levitating "for real" doesn't lessen suffering, or develop unconditional love.

The Buddha didn't teach most of what he knew. He restricted his teachings to the dharma, or the spiritual path out of suffering and into enlightenment. Seeking a miracle will never deliver true freedom, which is only directly realized from within.

Siddhis are supernatural powers, which some rare few are capable of. From my perspective, they can be dangerous, unless someone is truly awakened, because there is a significant risk that they will amplify the ego. It is easy to fall into the trap of feeling special when one is gifted in a particular siddhi. Specialness is the calling card of the ego, and the opposite of awakening.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I figure that our children's books and movies have a lot of warnings about the dangers of magic for a reason. The Mirror of Erised from Harry Potter is a case in point. So even though there may well be some level of "reality" to the magical and the miraculous, it's probably best to heed the warnings in not being too curious about it all.

As the person directly above me said, I’ve experienced an array of these phenomena for myself even during sober waking consciousness. Much of it, if not more than has ever been imagined or described, is certainly real. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I feel every breath is a miracle. Every sight of clouds, sunshine, birds. Miracle, this existence is.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

i belive in siddihis but no thank you, I'm happy where I'm am.....