Gesundheit

Solipsism Antidote

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Reality is an infinite nothingness that is capable of imagining consciousness. Consciousness is just a tiny portion of infinity. 

This trips a lot of folks up but Nothing and Consciousness and Infinity are all identical.  Consciousness is what you get when you remove all limitations (Infinity).  You get a nothing that is everything...you get mind - as there is nothing to ground it - it is itself.  So you get appearance without substance.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

This trips a lot of folks up but Nothing and Consciousness and Infinity are all identical.  Consciousness is what you get when you remove all limitations (Infinity).  You get a nothing that is everything...you get mind - as there is nothing to ground it - it is itself.  So you get appearance without substance.

This is exactly what my experience, contemplation, and study has revealed to me. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

The funny part is that reality includes solipsism. It’s just a perspective!

"Reality is infinite nothingness capable of imagining conciousness"

How can this Nothingness use imagination if it is not aware?

Imagination presupposes an awareness first, can we really ever get behind conciousness?

Really see it through, conciousness is existence without it there is literally non existence. Not even nothingness. 

The notion of imagination and nothingness can only arise if awareness is prior to it.

How else could anything be?

You cant reach outside of awareness and tell that it is nothingness outside of it and also say that it imagines awareness. 

Then something was present to observe that thing.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

16 hours ago, Lyubov said:

lol I've never seen this subject come up anywhere spirituality is discussed as much as it has here. If you are struggling with solipsism thoughts you need to quiet your mind and leave your house/computer and get out into nature and get more social. 

THIS

19 hours ago, Lyubov said:

lol I've never seen this subject come up anywhere spirituality is discussed as much as it has here. If you are struggling with solipsism thoughts you need to quiet your mind and leave your house/computer and get out into nature and get more social. 

actually some seriously good advice

Gesundheit was banned. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

The whole solipsism thing seems to be like a caving to an arrogance about direct experience. Yes I'll concede that the world behind my head or in the other room doesn't "appear" to exist from my POV, until I go experience it myself.

But plenty of other people whom I'm 99% sure (but not 100%) are "experiencing" just like me, die all the time and the world still "exists" after their experiencing ends. So when I die as well I can be 99% sure (but not 100%) that the world will still exist for "others".

You see I when I say I'm 99% sure I'm being deliberate about not being 100% sure, because don't want to assume it's absolutely the case if I can't possibly know it (because I'll be dead).

Yet the solipsism view and assumption that whatever isn't direct experience 100% doesn't exist seems like a spiritual egoic arrogance, because it's centered on a finite "me" experience.

I trust my direct experience more than I trust anything else, but I'm reserved about putting all my stock in it when I still have all these other reasons not to.

When I did Salvia I was still experiencing it through "my" own consciousness, but my traditional boundaries of having an ego with a body and mind dissolved and I floated around the world becoming different objects. So is that still direct experience or not if the foundation it usually sits on is swept from under it?

The "world" still existed even as I became completely detached from my traditional existence as a human, so to say it won't exist after I'm gone or that I don't see it just seems like an assumption based in ego.

I'll stop here my head hurts lol.

hrhrhtewgfegege

7 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Adamq8 why would you assume nothingness is something separate from consciousness? 

I did not say that.

I said that it is a bit odd if this nothingness can imagine conciousness/awareness and is not concious/aware itself, how does that work?

Is it really possibly to imagine awareness?

Try to think of awareness or imagine it.

should be no easy task ?‍♂️

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius