AtheisticNonduality

Letting go of anger against stupid people and want to have them know their stupidity

15 posts in this topic

Stupid delusional unconscious people that think they are smarter than me make me want to fix or change them, but they won't have it. I need to commit to let go of this.

The reason you hate them is because they remind you of the same qualities you have within yourself which you don't want to admit.

5 minutes ago, vladorion said:

The reason you hate them is because they remind you of the same qualities you have within yourself which you don't want to admit.

Okay, that worked. Thanks. xD

"make me want to fix or change them,"

I don't know the context of your situation so I'll not judge, but imo people who push my buttons are often the best teachers, if only I would observe myself instead of blaming them

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

So if you're on this forum you should know by now that, "your reality" is super weird and not what you think. That's the power of focus. Focus on what you appreciate about them, what you can learn from them, what you honestly like about them. Usually it helps to start out small. Sometimes REAL small. "That's a really nice placement of that mole by their nose." Just make the intention to see things that you appreciate and you will. Then you've laid the basis for change to happen, like crazy miraculous change, cause what we are is crazy miraculous. 

Think about it, you create the characters in your dreams. You aren't conscious of it, you're even a character in the dream too, but you pulled them from "your" psyche. Whether you like them or not. You create people you interact with in this dream we call reality too, by the things you focus on about them. So the power of choosing things you appreciate is like, the only power that is really. Call it consciousness, call it awareness, call it love, call it whatever you want, it's up to you. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

If you have a serious bone to pick with stupidity then you need to do some serious Shadow Work. Someone probably told you you were stupid as a child and now you have cut that part off within and not allowed yourself to be stupid, embrace your stupidity, youll find that the world moves on anyway, it wasnt so bad after all. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Stupid delusional unconscious people that think they are smarter than me make me want to fix or change them, but they won't have it. I need to commit to let go of this.

They probably are stupid. They are most likely fools. Leo hit the nail on the head when he said talking to fools can be infuriating!

Walking away is probably your best move.

The bible says answer a man according to his folly.

It could also be a good time to practice letting go.

Relatively speaking we are all stupid.  So you may want that smarter people give you some tolerance.

I have never met people who are not stupid. 

People can be educated. Humans are capable of learning. 

Just recognize that they have no control over whether or not they do learn.  They either will, or they won't, and it's not up to them. 

It's perfectly fine to want people to become more educated, wiser, etc., for pragmatic reasons.   If I'm stranded on an island, I'd rather be with people better adapted to helping me survive than people with no survival skills. 

'Anger' is the part that's unnecessary.  That's like being angry at a volcano for being a volcano.  Better to recognize what it is, and that it has no choice in being what it is, and behave pragmatically. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

16 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

that think they are smarter than me

This is what I would pay attention to, if I were in your shoes. Maybe they are smarter than you, maybe you are smarter than them, maybe you and them just have different views... in any case, it seems worth investigating from a place of non-judgmental detachment as it could produce quite a few insights for yourself!

Well ain't that stupid? xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

18 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

'Problems' like this are quite complex and deceptive. Keep in mind that you won't simply think or philosophize yourself out of this. Things like this are interconnected from your everyday emotional life, your own self-deception and unhonesty, to your philosophy and to your politics.

At least for me personally, the most useful tool for these kind of things is simply focusing on my emotions. Let your mind do what it's doing, but keep your focus on your emotions. By simply being more aware of your feelings, the mind will automatically begin to unravel itself.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/emotional-awareness

20210403_220217.jpg

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"