CBDinfused

Infinity and consciousness - why is reality the way it is?

37 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I'm not saying I would not try to intervene if i felt i could make a difference with the individual- in the moment i hope that i would if the situation looked like there was a possibility..but If i told you i would have no fear whatsoever that would be a lie.  My ego still has a strong survival need.  When i am immersed in the dream it is very real just as is during a night time dream.

To be honest with myself, when I first was aware that my life might be a "dream", I felt extremely liberated as the fear of death or going mad, which led to extreme anxiety for me, disappeared instantly and I felt timeless, filled with so much joy for the world, for others. I remember that very day, walking outside full of life and love and then I passed an incident and I saw some really big dude who was very aggressively handling a woman (yanked her out of the car, pushed her, threw her phone away etc), and then the realization that I am not as fearless as I thought I was hit me, and that I still love myself and my life, more than that of others.

This is what separates me from Buddha or Jesus who realized that there is literally nothing to fear, as it is all a grand "Illusion" and that enlightenment is attained through full surrender to the dream and complete selflessness to the world (true self). 

Edit: sorry, random thought irrelevant to this post

Edited by CBDinfused

6 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

This is what separates me from Buddha or Jesus who realized that there is literally nothing to fear, as it is all a grand "Illusion" and that enlightenment is attained through full surrender to the dream and complete selflessness to the world (true self). 

Well ironically if you were absolutely void of fear and were totally selfless you would be dead.  Even the Buddha or Jesus, while they existed as the Buddha and Jesus were not 100 percent sefless until they ceased to exist.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well ironically if you were absolutely void of fear and were totally selfless you would be dead.  Even the Buddha or Jesus, while they existed as the Buddha and Jesus were not 100 percent sefless until they ceased to exist.

Why do you think so? Selflessness or void of fear doesn't mean that you put yourself in dangers way intentionally. There is still a calculation involved in how best to be selfless.  

16 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

Why do you think so? Selflessness or void of fear doesn't mean that you put yourself in dangers way intentionally. There is still a calculation involved in how best to be selfless.  

As this human You're dreaming you are,  you are finite.  That is how you can be a self at all and "separate" from the world in which there exists "danger" that "you" would then calculate avoiding.  Danger is only relative to a self.  God or the Selfless has to create danger for it to even exist.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

58 minutes ago, Tim R said:

This "principle" is actually extremely simple. Which is why it is so difficult to understand it. You think that reality could be any other way than it is now. But it can't, because the moment it is something else, it is the way it is.  Existence is Truth. Because it is what it is, no matter what it is. So whatever existence can become, it always is

Love that! 

42 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

Thank you for the reply. The reason why I ask this is I feel like this forum is comprised of two types of people: (1) the Solipsists who believe that everything is just in their head, and everything else is fake and (2) the ones who kind of see everything as an intricate whole. 

I ask as what would you do if you saw someone being mugged on the street, do you walk past and think "this is all just a dream" or do you be brave, engage the situation, deal with the mugger with compassion and try to find a favorable outcome for all, considering your intervention would have a lasting impact on the world?  

Whatever you do or choose, it is perfect. It is how it must be. 

The question is... could you love yourself in any given situation? 

Why would I risk my life to save one person, when I can save a thousand? ?

Maybe he needs to be mugged. Like I got. It made me grow up ?

@EddieEddie1995 great response :)

That is so true - infinity often works in ways we as the finite are unable to see from our current vantage point.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Thanks! 

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

@EddieEddie1995 great response :)

That is so true - infinity often works in ways we as the finite are unable to see from our current vantage point.

This is what I like to believe also hehe ? God works in mysterious ways ? 

8 minutes ago, EddieEddie1995 said:

@Inliytened1 Thanks! 

This is what I like to believe also hehe ? God works in mysterious ways ? 

Screw belief become Infinity! :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

As this human you dreaming you are,  you are finite.  That is how you can be a self at all and "separate" from the world in which there exists "danger" that "you" would then calculate avoiding.  Danger is only relative to a self.  God or the Selfless has to create danger for it to even exist.

selflessness in the terms I am speaking are more in relative terms, in relation to other humans, and determined through your understanding of self. In this sense, for example, if you were to jump off of a cliff for no reason, you would be inflicting more pain and suffering into the world to your relatives, those around you. If you as well sell everything you have and give it to a homeless person, that is not being selfless either because it would not benefit the homeless person in the longrun. But if you preach infinite love and that everything is an illusion but then flinch in the face of death, if you could have saved someone but you didn't purely out of self interest, when you "know" in your heart that you should have done otherwise, then you're a phony, but of course only you would know that. You can throw in all this talk of "why save 1 person when you can save 1000" but the people who say this probably wouldn't do either. 

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

@CBDinfused

That which is, is the way it is. And therefore can't be any other way.

A = A  ; Reality = Reality ; Being = Being ; That which is = That which is

This "principle" is actually extremely simple. Which is why it is so difficult to understand it. You think that reality could be any other way than it is now. But it can't, because the moment it is something else, it is the way it is.  Existence is Truth. Because it is what it is, no matter what it is. So whatever existence can become, it always is

Notice, that your question assumes that reality is some-way, i.e. some-how.

It isn't. Reality is actually no-way and no-how. Because then you could pin it down. Have you noticed that you can't? Reality can't be captured in any concept, it always escapes. This is called "Shunyata" in Sanskrit. "Void". No-thing. No some-thing.

No some-how. That is what Lao-Tse means by saying "the Dao (the way/the how) which can be uttered is not the eternal Dao". 

Basically what you have to do, is drop the desire for any explanation for why reality = reality. Because the question is actually meaningless. Which is why the answer is tautological and from a logical point of view completely meaningless too. 

The answer lies in the experience itself. You won't find it on this forum. I can't give it to you and neither can Leo. Nobody can. You must find out for yourself. Again, you experience what you experience because A =A. The answer to your question is not a philosophical answer, it's a no-thought answer. It's insight into the nature of being, which won't come from discursive thought.  What is the answer to a meaningless question? Well that's the whole game with Zen Koans. No-answer.

This is a great explanation. 

25 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

selflessness in the terms I am speaking are more in relative terms, in relation to other humans, and determined through your understanding of self. 

I know what you meant.

25 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

But if you preach infinite love and that everything is an illusion but then flinch in the face of death, if you could have saved someone but you didn't purely out of self interest, when you "know" in your heart that you should have done otherwise, then you're a phony, but of course only you would know that. 

That is all relative as well - but yes there is difference in being conscious of Absolute Truth and embodiment of Truth to the fullest degree "possible" as a finite being.  Yet be wary - even that is relative.  Youre making a relative assumption that saving that person's life in the moment is the "right" thing to do when right and wrong are relative.  As @EddieEddie1995 pointed out what if the mugger was angry with the victim for raping his daughter and you enter the situation blindly only with your own relative assumptions and kill the mugger whose daughter had just been raped by the victim? 

You see - what we are pointing you towards is a meta perspective, that's all.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

No one knows anything. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No one knows anything. 

And you know this for certain?

:)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

I know that I don't know.

And since I don't know anything... And everyone are copies of me.. Then everyone don't know as well. Lol 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@CBDinfused

If there is anything prior to consciousness, then consciousness can’t be said to always exist, nor to need to exist. If there is nothing prior to consciousness, then consciousness can’t be said to always exist, nor to need to exist. 

If nothing is unstable, it is not nothing, it is unstable. If nothing is an empty vacuum of space, it is not nothing, it is an empty vacuum of space. 

If existence is as you say, illusory, then what is existence actually?

What is the difference between ‘it’ is an illusion, and ‘I’ is an illusion?  What is fear when it is not a self referential thought? 

If selflessness is calculable, who or what is calculator, calculating, calculation, and or calculated? 

When your current experience of reality ends... an unclaimed experience of reality begins. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE