Holygrail

Are the conditions of our birth arbitrary?

31 posts in this topic

Are there any sources that explains why some people are born into terrible poverty and other people are born in a 1st world country to great parents?

9 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Are there any sources that explains why some people are born into terrible poverty and other people are born in a 1st world country to great parents?

Coincidence.

The fucking fate probably? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I believe everything is deliberate down to the last molecule, your birth, your circumstances, every hair that falls out. I had that realization many times ... but at the end it's just a belief

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

but at the end it's just a belief

I freaking love reading such words of wisdom in this forum, I want to hug you.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

@Blackhawk we are all too sure of what we think right? is the guru mode

Yes.

When I don't know I go by what Enlightened Ones have said as a working belief, i.e. until proved otherwise.

Most Enlightened Ones say we had a say in our birth, our parents, circumstances etc.

Knowing these kinds of things seems to be different than enlightenment.

Personally I don't think we ever return back into nothingness or "murge" back into the All. I think we will always have some kind of vehicle to explore our worlds.

11 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Are the conditions of our birth arbitrary?

ar•bi•tra•ry 

Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle. Based on or subject to individual judgment or preference. Relating to a decision made by a court or legislature that lacks a grounding in law or fact.

There’s no ‘you’ that was ‘born’. There are no conditions, but thought makes it so. What is aware of conditions is unconditional appearing as conditions. 

If there are separate objects, there is comparison & thought attachment. What is aware of these appears as these. 

‘Why’ in this regard is a thought loop of beliefs, which will keep circling back to unconditional awareness relinquishing conditions and focusing on creating wanted. If you are not at peace with this, you may have stumbled into the creating of a life purpose, and thus the being at peace with this. 

“...when I’m feelin stuck and need a buck I don’t rely on luck...because the hook brings you back. I ain’t tellin you no lie - the hook brings ‘you’ back - on that ‘you’ can rely.” - John Popper, on self referential thinking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 minutes ago, freejoy said:

When I don't know I go by what Enlightened Ones have said as a working belief, i.e. until proved otherwise.

Most Enlightened Ones say we had a say in our birth, our parents, circumstances etc.

Personally I don't think we ever return back into nothingness or "murge" back into the All. I think we will always have some kind of vehicle to explore our worlds.

You don't know if the "enlightened ones" are enlightened, or even if there is such a thing as "enlightenment"..

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

You don't know if the "enlightened ones" are enlightened, or even if there is such a thing as "enlightenment"..

I use to not know if enlightenment was true. 

But now I know it is true because I've had glimpses of it. I'm grateful I'm past the stage of interrogating Enlightened Ones!

30 minutes ago, freejoy said:

The enlightened ones stay at not knowing, and do not adopt beliefs, or supplement with assumptions of ‘proof’. 

There really aren’t enlightened ones, there is only the enlightened one. 

Perhaps there are beliefs to dispel.

Know thy self. 

Careful to notice the thought of nothingness is empty. There is no nothingness to you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 minutes ago, freejoy said:

I use to not know if enlightenment was true. 

But now I know it is true because I've had glimpses of it. I'm grateful I'm past the stage of interrogating Enlightened Ones!

You don't know if those "glimpses" was brain hallucinations or something..

I've also had all kind of "glimpses", and I don't know if they were real or just brain hallucinations or something..

6 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I've also had all kind of "glimpses", and I don't know if they were real or just brain hallucinations or something..

I didn't see or hear things that wasn't there.

Lots of laughter at the silly ego. And some recognitions or revelations!

: )

Basically enlightenment is the same for everyone.

35 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The enlightened ones stay at not knowing, and do not adopt beliefs, or supplement with assumptions of ‘proof’. 

There really aren’t enlightened ones, there is only the enlightened one. 

Perhaps there are beliefs to dispel.

Know thy self. 

Careful to notice the thought of nothingness is empty. There is no nothingness to you. 

Yes you are probably right about all this stuff.

11 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Human existence is ALWAYS a brain hallucination any way you cut it if you are operating in this paradigm. Using this type of materialistic approach, we are literally a bag of chemicals/drugs interacting with itself and it’s environment our entire lives. Even with this model, almost no one can be expected to have the same perception or experience. The only question is how well does my hallucination align with yours or that of others? Is my bag of drugs working the same as yours? Is multiple bags of drugs working the same way any evidence toward absolute truth? Not really. But for relative truth this is certainly helpful. 

Nothing in reality is how we perceive it using the materialistic model. We are always off. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

I believe everything is deliberate down to the last molecule, your birth, your circumstances, every hair that falls out. I had that realization many times ... but at the end it's just a belief

I have had this same insight many times as well. Is it right? I hope so lol. It’s a lot more grand that way imo. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

33 minutes ago, freejoy said:

I didn't see or hear things that wasn't there.

Lots of laughter at the silly ego. And some recognitions or revelations!

: )

Basically enlightenment is the same for everyone.

You don't know that.

Maybe all your recognitions and revelations were false.

You don't even know if other people are conscious. So in that case there wouldn't even be any "everyone".

26 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Human existence is ALWAYS a brain hallucination any way you cut it if you are operating in this paradigm. Using this type of materialistic approach, we are literally a bag of chemicals/drugs interacting with itself and it’s environment our entire lives. Even with this model, almost no one can be expected to have the same perception or experience. The only question is how well does my hallucination align with yours or that of others? Is my bag of drugs working the same as yours? Is multiple bags of drugs working the same way any evidence toward absolute truth? Not really. But for relative truth this is certainly helpful. 

Nothing in reality is how we perceive it using the materialistic model. We are always off. 

I'm not operating in the materialistic paradigm.

Edited by Blackhawk

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Coincidence.

The fucking fate probably? 

Sorry but...isn't weird that just casually Consciousness is localized here? 

Solipsism here we go ?