tatsumaru

Changing one's body?

10 posts in this topic

In Buddhist and Hindu stories there are many cases of highly truth realized yogis who are capable of moving their consciousness from one body to another. According to Sadhguru this is entirely possible and according to one other spiritual master I've personally studied under this should be possible as well. Most of the stories go like that:
- A young prince died and an older yogi saw his dead beautiful young body and decided to leave his old body for the prince's body. (Honestly that sounds impossible since if that body was viable then how come the prince died in the first place. Unless the Yogi can also raise the dead I don't see how this is logically possible).
- One guy left his body for some astral traveling. While he was away some Yogi took his body and left his old body for the other guy to use.

Now I know this sounds somewhat ridiculous, but what if there's some truth to it? It also implies that memory and consciousness are not of the body which isn't exactly true since DNA is definitely of the body. Maybe it's just an old wife's tail. But what if it's not. What if we could switch bodies? Is there anything in anyone's experience here to suggest that this might be possible?

Edited by tatsumaru

One option is this are only mythic stories.

But if true, then that means only high initiates can do that. H.P.Blavatsky, the founder of the original theosophy, wrote about it and it is certainly a fascinating topic to ponder about.

But the only way to know this for certain is to do some serious inner work. Everything else is just a speculation.

If this is possible, I don't need any more mindfucks for the rest of my life.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 04/04/2021 at 8:24 PM, tatsumaru said:

In Buddhist and Hindu stories there are many cases of highly truth realized yogis who are capable of moving their consciousness from one body to another.

You're already doing this. Your body is literally changing into someone else right now. The converse is also true.

Your sense of self is very malleable. How about staying in the same body and changing yourself into someone else by clicking your fingers? This is definitely possible. It's called: acting.

All right I concede it's not the answer you wanted.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 4/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, tatsumaru said:

Is there anything in anyone's experience here to suggest that this might be possible?

It’s very much like contact with ‘aliens’. ‘You’ disappears, and a mutual intention (pointing) takes care of the rest. It’s not something you can do, but it is something that happens without ‘you’, and is also appearance, same as the thoughts about it. But yes, totally ‘possible’, and does not seem outlandish once experienced, just like everything else it’s inevitably normal. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Why wouldn't it be possible lol.

Even from the relative perspective it seems quite plausible. I guess on the forum it is already well accepted that you can have an OBE, leave your body, do some stuff and return. If you can return to 'your' body, then why shouldn't it possible to return to a different body.

It's not easy because the other body is different and you don't have a connection with it. But a highly advanced yogi should easily be able to do it.

I read several reports of people achieving something of the like. Don't know whether their stories are true, though. 

One person said that by being in someone else's body, he actually became different. He became that person and I think he said that he didn't remember his old body. But I don't think this is like this in all cases. I think it is possible to remain your old self and remember your old body and life.

Also, this is basically what possession is. There is countless evidence for possesion, so it's probably true.

And isn't changing your body quite similar as what some people experience on salvia (for example becoming a stone or a book)?

Edited by GreenWoods

@artcastle I just read your whole post. Interesting experience!

The explanation, that you still indentified with a body from a dream, seems plausible. At least more likely than other explanations I can think of. One of them being that you reality-shifted (which is possible) from a very similar reality where you had a larger body. 

Yup, there's someone on this forum who can do this (not me).  They are my spiritual teacher and they can inhabit my body at will and do all sorts of other things.  

It's quite incredible, it's become just a normal part of my life.  

On 4/5/2021 at 4:07 PM, LastThursday said:

You're already doing this. Your body is literally changing into someone else right now. The converse is also true.

No, he means literally inhabiting someone else's body.  Like if I were able to inhabit your body and make you do jumping Jack's for example.

It's a very real ability. 

35 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

No, he means literally inhabiting someone else's body.  Like if I were able to inhabit your body and make you do jumping Jack's for example.

It's a very real ability. 

Are your experiences when possessed completely consistent with his reported experiences of taking you over? And have you tried empirically verifying this?