krockerman

The false rape problem

186 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

doesnt cancel culture depict otherwise? from noticing in the gaming community most people that were accused of something had like a 90-10 in favor of siding with the woman 

In any situation where a woman accuses a man of rape, half or more of the people will be saying...

"How do we know she's not lying?"

"She's too ugly to be raped!"

"Remember, he's innocent until proven guilty!"

"What was she wearing?"

"Why did she wait so long to say something?"

It happens every time. Rape apologists and doubters come out of the woodwork EVERY time a woman comes forward about a rape.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Gotta let that shit go. Drop the toxic victim mentality. Don’t let it define you.

13 minutes ago, Willie said:

Gotta let that shit go. Drop the toxic victim mentality. Don’t let it define you.

Victim mentality is just one component of a larger system. PTSD involves a lot more than victim mentality. There are structural brain alterations. It is a form of brain injury. It doesn't look like a flesh wounds, knee injuries etc, yet there is still a form of injury. 

A mindset of “I’m not going to ket it define me” can be helpful, yet is often insufficient. Thats not going to heal the brain injury in the hippocampus and limbic system. Nor will it correct widespread methylation alterations throughout the genome. 

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Victim mentality is just one component of a larger system. You don’t understand how PTSD works and I hope you never have to go through it. 

I understand having past traumatic events. I hope to never see the people who did that again. If I do, I will tell them what they did, forgive them for it, and tell them to never do it again. I hold no grudge against them.

15 hours ago, Willie said:

I understand having past traumatic events. I hope to never see the people who did that again. If I do, I will tell them what they did, forgive them for it, and tell them to never do it again. I hold no grudge against them.

That is wonderful, yet that isn't what I’m referring to. 

There can be brain injuries as the result from trauma. The injury extent depends on the intensity, duration and frequency of trauma - as well as the person’s genetics, prior life conditioning and personality.  

For example, specific memories can be seared into the hippocampus and reactivated - triggering extreme fight or flight in the limbic system, which is mostly disconnected from the rational mind. As well, trauma can lead to methylation changes that can alter gene expression in the brain. This can cause chronic malfunction in the limbic and endocrine systems. 

A mindset of “I forgive them, I wont let it define me. I’m moving on” is great and can be sufficient for some people such as yourself. Yet it is insufficient for those that sustained brain injuries. If you’ve experienced recurring PTSD due to brain injury , you wouldn't be speaking like you are. To get a better sense, someone could spend time with war veterans that have PTSD. It can be much more severe than you are aware of. 

Telling someone who had a stroke to just let it go and move on is not going to help heal the physical brain injury of the stroke. 

Being honest with someone regarding the extent of injury is not victim mentality. Yet victim mentality can create confounding problems. 

@Willie

13 hours ago, Willie said:

This is useful information to some extent, for letting go of hurt for being falsely accused, negative feelings like vengefulness, and for the thought stories that maintain a victim mentality, in either case.

However, this should not be the only method used. There are many ways other than forgiveness and letting go that can address specific features of this problem, and other methods that could go deeper into the problem, resolve it at it's roots.