krockerman

The false rape problem

186 posts in this topic

False rape accusation should be punished with the same jail time as rapists. People that do false accusations destroy an innocent life and they make it harder for true victims.

20 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

That's blatantly false. Do some research before throwing claims as such.

I speak from experience, son!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

1 minute ago, Parththakkar12 said:

I speak from experience, son!

You are generalizing your experience, dad. Don't make the rare cases universal.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

5 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

You are generalizing your experience, dad. Don't make the rare cases universal.

A few cases are enough to keep the majority of men who feel the same way silent. Men are really scared to talk about this. I speak for a lot of guys on this issue.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

44 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

A few cases are enough to keep the majority of men who feel the same way silent. Men are really scared to talk about this. I speak for a lot of guys on this issue.

Stay silent about what? False accusation is a crime that only a criminal would do, similar to rape. Most women are ordinary people, like most guys. Rapists are rare, and false accusing women are rare.

And actually, it's harder to prove rape than to disprove it. So, female victims have a disadvantage here. For example, if a woman was weak after the incident and didn't act on it quickly because she couldn't face people, then she would likely lose the case. Can you imagine how hard it is to hold yourself together after being raped? I'm not saying false accusations are fine, but they're a lot less frequent than sexual harassment and violence against women. So you shouldn't make generalizations. Yes, mistakes happen because judges are not Gods. The mistakes have n specific bias towards a specific gender. Doctors make mistakes and patients die, too. It's rare, but there's a law system that deals with that, too.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Parththakkar12 Also, consider the opposite case.

Consider that a woman who barely escaped being raped could not come forward about it and point to the criminal, because the crime didn't actually happen, even though it was intended. At best, she could get a restraining order against him. Consider how that woman would feel about going out while knowing that that criminal is out there and could possibly reach to her again.

17 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Stay silent about what? False accusation is a crime that only a criminal would do, similar to rape. Most women are ordinary people, like most guys. Rapists are rare, and false accusing women are rare.

Stay silent about the unfairness of the laws and rules and how their agenda is to convict you if a woman says something against you. This totally represses men's masculinity across society! It makes men scared of being men.

@Tetcher

56 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

False rape accusation should be punished with the same jail time as rapists. People that do false accusations destroy an innocent life and they make it harder for true victims.

I agree, as this keeps the few women that are evil second guessing whether to start falsely accusing, and this does seem more fair, as the falsely accused is much harder to live a normal life, and the one that did the false accusation gets off lightly.

10 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Stay silent about the unfairness of the laws and rules and how their agenda is to convict you if a woman says something against you.

This is false. The law is not biased towards any specific gender. In very rare cases, the people representing the law can make mistakes or be unfair with both men and women. But that's the exception, not the rule. A woman that has been raped could also face unfair judgment and the criminal might escape. Now imagine being raped without being able to prove it, but instead you get charged or sentenced for false accusation. And on top of all that you will just have to continue living with all that while knowing that the rapist is still out there.

Edited by Gesundheit

1 minute ago, Gesundheit said:

This is false. The law is not biased towards any specific gender. In very rare cases, the people representing the law can make mistakes or be unfair with both men and women. But that's the exception, not the rule. A woman that has been raped could also face unfair judgment and the criminal might escape. Now imagine being raped without being able to get justice, and then you will just have to continue living with all that while knowing that the rapist is still out there.

The law isn't biased, but the society is. They want you dead if a woman says a word against you! If a woman gets raped in reality, everyone is on her side but if you get falsely accused, you are finished as a guy.

12 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Stay silent about the unfairness of the laws and rules and how their agenda is to convict you if a woman says something against you. This totally represses men's masculinity across society! It makes men scared of being men.

This depends on how we define "masculinity" and "being a man".

If we define "being a man" as drinking a six pack of beer at a sporting event, getting into a brawl, driving home drunk and not letting anyone tell you how to live your life - then we would consider any laws / rules trying to prevent this behavior to be "an agenda trying to repress masculinity and making men scared of being men". 

2 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

The law isn't biased, but the society is. They want you dead if a woman says a word against you! If a woman gets raped in reality, everyone is on her side but if you get falsely accused, you are finished as a guy.

Interpreting social dynamics through a narrow lens and generalizing as if it was a wide lens will create distortion. 

Notice how sneaky assumptions are, by examining the assumptions.

"If 'they' want you dead if a woman says a word against you and if a woman get raped and everyone is on her side and if a man who gets falsely accused is finished as a guy, then society is biased".

Assumptions can cause distortion. 

@Gesundheit  Imagine having to live being accused of a crime you didn't commit, and how your community thinks about you and your family. How would you think and feel in general?

Edited by Danioover9000

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

@Gesundheit  Imagine having to live being accused of a crime you didn't commit, and how your community thinks about you and your family?

All crime is terrible.

@Gesundheit

Just now, Gesundheit said:

All crime is terrible.

Give it a go, try to imagine what it's like dealing with false accusers and accusations against you. Have you ever been falsely accused of anything in your life?

1 minute ago, Gesundheit said:

All crime is terrible.

No. If you are 'Robin Hood' you are treated as a hero even if you steal.

10 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

This depends on how we define "masculinity" and "being a man".

If we define "being a man" as drinking a six pack of beer at a sporting event, getting into a brawl, driving home drunk and not letting anyone tell you how to live your life - then we would consider any laws / rules trying to prevent this behavior to be "an agenda trying to repress masculinity and making men scared of being men". 

When I say 'being a man', I mean going and flirting with a woman you're interested in. You go and flirt with the wrong woman, you're toast! And, the society will kill you for it.

9 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Interpreting social dynamics through a narrow lens and generalizing as if it was a wide lens will create distortion. 

Notice how sneaky assumptions are, by examining the assumptions.

"If 'they' want you dead if a woman says a word against you and if a woman get raped and everyone is on her side and if a man who gets falsely accused is finished as a guy, then society is biased".

Assumptions can cause distortion. 

My experience says that what I'm saying is true.

Edited by Parththakkar12

@Parththakkar12

4 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

When I say 'being a man', I mean going and flirting with a woman you're interested in. You go and flirt with the wrong woman, you're toast! And, the society will kill you for it.

Ah, in this case the guy was flirting too soon. He should have cold read her body language before approaching, and have a normal conversation first to get a feel of the woman's state and personality. Signs of deceit and a off feeling of her personality, that's the time to leave.

Edited by Danioover9000

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Parththakkar12

Ah, in this case the guy was flirting too soon. He should have cold read her body language before approaching, and have a normal conversation first to get a feel of the woman's state and personality. Signs of deceit and a off feeling of her personality, that's the time to leave.

Of course! It's always the guy to blame!! Al-fucking-ways.

Look at the ruthlessness of your own reactions. Do you see how hard it is for a falsely accused guy in the world? Nobody believes you!

Why do we never talk about holding the false accusers accountable? Do we see how biased the society is against men? We need to start treating women like the adults that they are for once.

Edited by Parththakkar12

16 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

I would say the perception that a man who flirts with a woman has a good chance of being "killed by society" is a highly distorted view.

It's context-dependent and men need to learn what is inappropriate in a given situation. For example, it would be highly inappropriate for a professor to sexually advance on his female students. Likewise, it would be inappropriate for a boss to use his power to isolate his female workers and sexually advance on them. The list goes on and on. . . There is innocent flirting that is mutual and "flirting" that is unwelcomed / borderline sexual harassment. There needs to be consequences for that form of "flirting".  

Unfortunately, many men are so self absorbed that they don't understand boundaries and what is inappropriate. 

I would disagree that "being a man" means being able to sexually advance on any woman you want in any circumstance. I would define "being a man" includes understanding when making sexual advances is inappropriate.