Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rajneeshpuram

Hormones rule our destiny

3 posts in this topic

I've always said that I wanted to save money and live a minimalist life retiring early or working the least possible. Also I wasnt into having relationships because I wanted to lean towards spiritual development and avoid distractions.

Well, the doctor saw by a mri that I have a bening tumor in my brain that rises the levels of prolactin and by collateral effect creates hypothyroidism.

High prolactin levels create:

-Feeling super tired.

-Loss of sex drive and erecytle disfunction.

-Testosterone loss (loss of muscle mass)

Hypothyroidism also makes me feel very tired, intolerance to heat and cold, dizziness...

Now I understand by correlation that the palns I made for the future were corrupted by these hormones:

-Is not that I didnt wanted to work, is that working I felt twice more tired than anormal person, and that felt like slavery and hell!

-Is not that I didnt wanted to have a relationship, is that my hormones made me lose the interest.

By my ethic convictions I'm against wage slavery and having children, but the decisions I made were controlled by how the hormonal imbalance made me feel.

This is a powerful realisation, we are how we feel in our bodies. If we feel strong we will have strong purposes. If we feel weak I just want to be at home, meditate and ignore the world.

I know there is medication for thyroid and prolactin, but it never works perfectly.  Now its part of my identity, knowing that I'll feel more tired than the average person.

Have you tried cold showers and working out regularly? You would be surprised how much more energy these things can give you. 

Let the doctor tell you whatever he has to tell you but never make it an identity. You actually have more control over your health than you might think. 

Edited by BlackMaze