Leo Gura

Hiring Part-Time Video Editor

46 posts in this topic

I'm creating a second Actualized Clips channel which will feature short segments of my long videos. Similar to Joe Rogan's Clips channel.

I'm looking for someone with video editing experience and good sense who can chop up my long videos into elegant 2-8 minutes clips. You gotta understand which juicy parts to clip and which parts not. You also need to be good at coming up with sexy titles for the clips. Not click-bait, but titles that are appealing and generate clicks.

This would be a long-term, part-time job, maybe 7-10 hours per week. We can discuss what is fair payment, I'm not sure yet. You would work remotely and manage your own time. I would manage you very little, mostly just giving you feedback on the quality of your clipping and titling.

My videos are very large at 30-70GB/video. You need to have a good enough internet connection to download many of them per month, and you will also need to upload GB-sized clip files. You will upload finished clips to my server. Also, you must have access to a Windows PC which can handle and render large video files. A dinky laptop is not gonna cut it.

Keep in mind this is not a full-time job so don't expect this to pay all your bills. Think of this as a gig you do on the side for some extra cash. If you are good at this work it would potentially be a very long-term job. I basically have 100s of old videos that need clipping, plus each new weekly video as long as I keep releasing content.

PM me if you're interested in the work. Include a brief explanation of your relevant experience and why you think you'd be good at this job. Also tell me your age and the city you live in.

Thanks!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not click-bait, but titles that are appealing and generate clicks.

Literally the definition of click-bait.

I kid, of course. I know you mean just don't write the titles with caps-lock on.

FINALLY! Long overdue @Leo Gura.

May I ask what made you come to this decision now?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

2 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Literally the definition of click-bait.

I kid, of course. I know you mean just don't write the titles with caps-lock on.

7 SECRETS TO ENLIGHTENMENT NO ONE TOLD YOU BEFORE :o

(THE 4TH ONE IS MY FAVORITE) 

3 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

(YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE NUMBER 4) 

I like this more. 

23 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

(THE 4TH ONE IS MY FAVORITE) 

"Heyyyy its Leo here, and in this short 60 second segment Im going to tell you how to get enlightened in 7 steps. Its actually super easy if you just follow these steps. Also remember to follow me on Tiktok, Instagram and sub to my channel, and like my channel, and mate my channel, and buy subscribtion to my Twitch thx bye"

EDIT: I just realized that this would have been an amazing april fools video from Leo ?

Edited by Hansu

1 hour ago, neutralempty said:

Aren't there platforms where you can meet editors in abundance?

It needs to be someone familiar with my work who has watched many of my videos already.

A normie editor will have an existential crisis :D

Will it strictly only include clipping of your old videos and no other video editing? For example, adding intros/outros..?

Edited by Chi_

I would apply if I had the proper tech and internet. I’m experienced enough with editing and video production to do a great job at this. Unfortunately I’m in the process of moving and I’ve downgrade all my tech since traveling :/ oh well 

18 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Will it strictly only include clipping of your old videos and no other video editing? For example, adding intros/outros..?

I will provide a simple intro and outro clip that will be the same for all clips.

So basically just clipping my old videos is the job. And titling them.

The trickiest part of this job is simply selecting which portions of a 2hr video are worth clipping. If you can do that, the rest is really easy.

Writing juicy titles also takes some skill, but it can learned.

Is this only open to people who live in the US? Do you provide a written contract? How long is it (for example: one-year, renewable)?  

This guy TripTips (https://www.youtube.com/c/ItsTripTips/) is a fantastic editor and I believe he would be best suited for your job.

His videos are the most addictive things ever, I wouldn't be surprised if he had 75%+ average view duration. He probably watches your content and is definitely interested in the topics you're talking about.

I'll message him about this because I think he'd be into it.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@Leo Gura Will you include some clips from your blog videos? There have been some real golden gems in those. 

Very good idea. I suggest a comunity tab where we can propose clips and titles. Out of contest clipping may be an issue though.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I will provide a simple intro and outro clip that will be the same for all clips.

So basically just clipping my old videos is the job. And titling them.

The trickiest part of this job is simply selecting which portions of a 2hr video are worth clipping. If you can do that, the rest is really easy.

Writing juicy titles also takes some skill, but it can learned.

Gotcha!

Applied via DM :)

4 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

This guy TripTips (https://www.youtube.com/c/ItsTripTips/) is a fantastic editor and I believe he would be best suited for your job.

His videos are the most addictive things ever, I wouldn't be surprised if he had 75%+ average view duration. He probably watches your content and is definitely interested in the topics you're talking about.

I'll message him about this because I think he'd be into it.

That guy has an account here.