Sine

Breathwork during a trip?

4 posts in this topic

I have recently done a breathwork session that sent me into a trance-like state, where I experienced something that was like a vivid dream. The experience was very profound for me, and I had insights similar to those I have had after trips on 2-CB, psilocybin, and ayahuasca. The session lasted for approximately an hour. It was different from a regular trip because doing breathwork to reach such mental states is physically challenging (at least in the beginning before you start to "lose yourself") - This feeling of having "done it myself" made me feel more in control - while also allowing myself to lose control completely. (I have also practiced Wim Hoff method, but this was different and more oriented towards reaching a trance). I had a friend guide me during this, but the technique is simple and easy to do alone.

Yesterday I saw a documentary about how DMT is an endogenous compound already found in the lungs - this made me wonder if any one of you has ever tried to do this sort of long-duration breathwork during a trip? I think I will try it myself, but I could imagine that it would make the trip seriously intense? It could also be that it is not possible because it takes a lot of energy/body control...

I don't think shamanic breathwork and psychedelics pairs nicely. Each is very intense. On psychedelics you need to let go. And consciously breathing heavily doesn't seem to me to help in that aspect

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Bump - any1 actually tried shamanic breathing while already tripping their balls off?:-)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

10 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Bump - any1 actually tried shamanic breathing while already tripping their balls off?:-)

I wouldnt call that shamanic breathing but tripping always makes me want to yawn and fill my lungs with maximum O2 :D it just feels so good to breath

Sailing on the ceiling