Anon212

Sadhguru....again

69 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Phrenic cool...sounds like these teachings and practices can lead to enlightenment but at the same don't dwell on it as the primary focus (which paradoxically can lead to it quicker) but rather a sense of balance for all things - both duality and non-duality.  So that one can enjoy a deeper sense of well being.  Personally  I am of the same view as Sadhguru in that I have no issue with form or bias towards formlessness.  This  does mean I will have bias towards form in some fashion but that's awesome ?  this is how ego development and spirituality unite.

I would be careful ascribing it to ego development. It is more that full spiritual development is inclusive of all dimensions of life, and our present and past lifetimes of impurity in the elements, in our prana and so on have created a tremendous backlog of karmic information. For higher modes of consciousness to be grounded in physical form, and for us to be connected to our own and the world's issues, those dimensions of karma are most important. Without that purification we'll overly analyze everything which disagrees with our subtler mode of consciousness, but no amount of videos and mental explanation will help people become more rounded and capable in these dimensions of reality. All dimensions of reality are spiritual, and purification of the elements and prana ground our higher modes of consciousness within other dimensions of life. The feminine quality of the Moon is no less spiritual than the dissolution and masculine quality of the Sun, for example

If anybody commits to any of Isha's practices they will see that these subtler sheathes of energy become more dominant than grosser manifestations of karma, or mind and emotion. The impact that we have on the world and others is related to these dimensions of energy, and is a natural consequence of our state of Being. This is opposed to making a mental effort to apply higher states of consciousness to everything else, and in doing so coaxing people to limit themselves to transcendence

3 hours ago, Phrenic said:

I would be careful ascribing it to ego development.

Understood - the statement was not meant to imply that it was entirely ego development, though perhaps the statement came out that way....but rather that it certainly must be included as a component.  If not, we are creating yet another duality.   It also depends  on one's  definition of ego.  I consider the ego to be one's entire sense of self - this includes the physical body but also their conceptual identity and everything that comprises that identity.  So keeping the body fit, for example, would be considered development.  As would be "Having all the technologies at hand" as in the quote, or "being good both ways, making them a "guru" and not a "saint", etc etc.  Or such things as expanding one's view on the world, or even working towards selflessness.  There is nothing inheritently "wrong" with any of this of course.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Understood - the statement was not meant to imply that it was entirely ego development, though perhaps the statement came out that way....but rather that it certainly must be included as a component.  If not, we are creating yet another duality.   It also depends  on one's  definition of ego.  I consider the ego to be one's entire sense of self - this includes the physical body but also their conceptual identity and everything that comprises that identity.  So keeping the body fit, for example, would be considered development.  As would be "Having all the technologies at hand" as in the quote, or "being good both ways, making them a "guru" and not a "saint", etc etc.  Or such things as expanding one's view on the world, or even working towards selflessness.  There is nothing inheritently "wrong" with any of this of course.

This is a misunderstanding, because by that definition simply having a body and living are also a form of ego. If somebody is fully enlightened but also tends to to the body in a particular way, there does not have to be an identity involved. If we are limiting ourselves to higher states of consciousness from the crown chakra, which is one dimension of experience, whether we refer to it through no-dual language as nothingness, reality, love and so on, then we won't necessarily selflessly embrace other modalities of life and energy and attend to them in a relative manner, as a multi-faceted energy form. Living as nothingness, reality, love and embodying higher levels of reality is not a practical solution for all of the world's problems on the outset, because like the world, our physical bodies comprise of pranic physiology and the five elements, lifetimes of karmic impurities on various levels which exist regardless of our state of consciousness. If we are in touch with things in this spiritually holistic and sober sense, the realistic pace at which we can help ourselves and other people, especially those outside of the spiritual community who are not willing to immediately transcend everything, will be more obvious. It is important to attain to non-dual states through ground up purification, so that energy can function from other dimensions without an identity. I agree with you that prana is a duality, masculine and feminine, the five elements, these are all dualities, but it is our purity in prana and the elements which determines how dualistic our experience of life is. Taking 5-MeO-DMT and transcending the karma existing in these physiological bodies is not a scientific approach, and we risk lopsiding our spiritual development. Look at the Dhyanalinga for example, it has no karma or identity, but it is reverberating as all of the 7 chakras and dimensions of life, it is a fully developed energetic form with the non-dual dimension of sahasrara at the highest possible peak

Likewise, the energetic forms of the Divine Mother do not have an ego or identity, they exist as deities in the form of the pure five elements, so that people can surrender and make use of them to purify themselves. Language makes this difficult. Isha's practices work to strip you of your identity very early on, which is also what I meant when I said that they allow you to function from subtler energetic sheathes, to purify and transcend gross forms of karma in mind and body

@bobbyward sorry for the late reply. No I have not tried anything else from Isha, although I do plan on taking the Yogasanas program soon, and in time Shoonya and all the other programs leading to Samyama. I don't know when that will happen but for now I want to focus on taking a program and really devoting my whole being into it by consistently maintaining the practice day in day out.

"Do you think shambhavi and surya kriya are effective practices for spiritual advancement rather than just for well being"

I don't know to be honest. Both of these practices make me feel very good so I do them, it's as simple as that. I avoid trying to think about spiritual advancement/enlightenment or any other kind of progress. Heck, I don't even know what progress is to be entirely honest! I've been down this road and my mind just plays all sorts of games on me, so I do the practice, feel great and that's that. All this enlightenment talk, I haven't a clue.

I think @Guru Fat Bastard and @Phrenic have both done a phenomenal job explaining some of the Isha programs, not to forget @Tetcher as well!

One aspect that most people often overlook (myself included!) is devotion or being a devotee. You should YouTube some of Sadhguru's videos on the topic, because I lack the understanding to explain to you what it is exactly. However, the days when I've been like a devotee, or less of myself, those days were truly something else! I think that's something all of us should strive towards, because I feel it's where the real growth is instead of being fixated on just doing practices. Although, the practices are explosive by themselves!

If someone on this forum can share some more about this, maybe it will be good.

This reminds me of Christian megachurches and how people pretend to fall to the ground when pastors use their "psychic powers" to wash their sins away.

Tragedy and trauma make people do weird things.

I wish these Instant Online Enlightenment scams were against the rules here, some people that come here need actual help.

Nice, dwelve into Shiva to not lose focus over yourself. Realize what really Shiva is. 

Singer

14™

2 hours ago, Mafortu said:

This reminds me of Christian megachurches and how people pretend to fall to the ground when pastors use their "psychic powers" to wash their sins away.

Tragedy and trauma make people do weird things.

I wish these Instant Online Enlightenment scams were against the rules here, some people that come here need actual help.

Those things are real, they don't fake that, there are individuals outhere in any religion, that know how tantra works. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

13 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

So, the hindu Dharma is legit, if one want to awaken faster and without psychedelics, now, i advise to experience what SHIVA is in meditation, rather than gurus or teachers. About Sadhguru i don't have many complaints, i don't agree in some of his points of view. Other than that the dude is more awakened than many gurus out there. 

Singer

14™