Anon212

Sadhguru....again

69 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I can no longer tolerate weak sauce meditation practices, I stopped doing Sadghuru's exercises, too ineffective.

What strong sauce practice would you recommend ?

I have my own spiritual practice which suits me, thank you, and i don't need to try another practice, especialy not from Sadhguru.@Guru Fat Bastard

I feel some immediate effects on my energy body with his Aum chanting practise, i feel it's good one for me for energy purification purpose , the effects for me are smoother, nicer flow of energy, i tried his nadi shoudhi too, it's also good but i think I'd stick to nadi shodhana i got from Kriya Yoga.

I don't know about any other Sadhguru's techniques, but for me Aum chanting was a great practise.

Edited by m0hsen

14 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I can no longer tolerate weak sauce meditation practices, I stopped doing Sadghuru's exercises, too ineffective.

You need to go for Kriya Yoga, you're not gonna find any advanced techniques from Sadhguru online, it'd be so silly of him if he'd do so.

but becarfull not overload your energy system with Kriya Yoga techniques.

Have breaks as much as you feel you need if you faced strong headaches, migraines or pressures on your spine.

12 hours ago, Bojan V said:

I have my own spiritual practice which suits me, thank you, and i don't need to try another practice, especialy not from Sadhguru.@Guru Fat Bastard

Excellent.??
What was posted above is not meant to try and convince anyone of what they should or should not do, or that no other practices,paths,ways  or even  no-ways xD ,etc., are any less credible or legitimate. Such a notion would be ridiculous and no better than the ideological, dogmatic religions/belief systems that claim their "way" and/or "truth" , is the only "way"/ "truth". The very antithesis of the realization, love, freedom, truth one seeks.
What was posted above is an expression based on personal experience with the practice and the results. It should not be taken that my experience  with the practice is representative of everyone's experience, or, that anyone who may decide to try it will have similar results.
If the desire for Truth is strong, then practices, paths,ways etc., are only a means to an end. Once their purpose has been served, they will no longer be needed. Some may wish to continue whatever practice or path they have been doing simply as an act of love and devotion to that Reality/Self/Truth, etc., even after realizing they are not other than that Reality. Unconditional Love/Reality/Self/Truth, has no rules or false boundaries of separation.
There is no distance between that which loves, and that which is loved.?️

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

2 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

:D

s112208584889457720_p1_i6_w640.jpeg

if ya'll haven't tried this strong sauce practice, then you're a little boy to me. I'll kiss you on your forehead.

@Guru Fat Bastard there's also a technique in Ennio Nimis's Kriya Yoga book called shambhavi mudra which he says, it collects prana in top of your head, and its a special technique with life of it's own, in my experience its amazing! I immediatly feel the flow of prana moving towards the top of my head practising this technique, what's the difference between this technique and Sadhguru's shambhavi? 

And how initation can make a difference? Why do i need to be initiated? 

And if i ever get initiated by someone, how that will affect my energy system?

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

@Guru Fat Bastard there's also a technique in Ennio Nimis's Kriya Yoga book called shambhavi mudra which he says, it collects prana in top of your head, and its a special technique with life of it's own, in my experience its amazing! I immediatly feel the flow of prana moving towards the top of my head practising this technique, what's the difference between this technique and Sadhguru's shambhavi? 

And how initation can make a difference? Why do i need to be initiated? 

And if i ever get initiated by someone, how that will affect my energy system?

Shambhavi mudra is one specific technique taken from hatha and tantric yoga practices.It's primary benefit is to help  settle/still the mind, and with repeated practice, reach  higher states of consciousness. Where attention goes,energy flows. In this way, instead of the energies being scattered in different directions due to mind activity, it helps bring them to a single focal point. Mind becomes more still and calm which leads to deeper states of meditation. It also opens up the "third eye"and/or one's capacity to gain intuitive insight and wisdom. It's a very useful technique imo.

Initiation is a transmission of energy and/or consciousness between the initiator and the recipient which greatly facilitates movement of consciousness to a higher plane. By raising the consciousness of the recipient, the latter has, or can have, at least an initial glimpse of their potential consciousness and power. There is an essential transmission  which empowers the techniques. This is why initiatory traditions have managed to pass the direct experience of truth from one generation to the next effectively. Their strength lies in the power and the consciousness of those who have done the form or forms of practice given and have embodied and realized the Truth themselves.

Do you need to be initiated? I will just say that if it is available, you have access to it, and Truth is at the top of your priorities, it will certainly be worthwhile. If not, do what you can and let grace do the rest. Any honest and sincere desire for truth can't go unanswered.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

2 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Shambhavi mudra is one specific technique taken from hatha and tantric yoga practices.It's primary benefit is to help  settle/still the mind, and with repeated practice, reach  higher states of consciousness. Where attention goes,energy flows. In this way, instead of the energies being scattered in different directions due to mind activity, it helps bring them to a single focal point. Mind becomes more still and calm which leads to deeper states of meditation. It also opens up the "third eye"and/or one's capacity to gain intuitive insight and wisdom. It's a very useful technique imo.

Yes, I experienced how amazing this technique is actually, these days I just need to have a little bit of attention on top of my head while reading a book or surfing the web and the energy just follows easily. But I remember like a year ago I was really struggling to feel anything even after like 15 mins of intense focus on that area with eyes intensely pointing upward. Even if I could manage to successfully collect the prana in top of my head, I would end up getting intense migraines which was really painful and usually with constant tears. Really practise is everything.

But I just wanted to know what's the difference between this jewel and Sadhguru's Shambhavi maha mudra?

Because I'm really satisfied with my own practises also with some psychedelics from time to time (psychedelics did some great enhancement on my energy system) , I don't know how i could potentially benefit or why I possibly still need a physical guru!? (Its also almost impossible to reach one in my current life situation) 

Edited by m0hsen

5 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

tenor.gif?itemid=17697318

:D

Haha ?

This is what bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara said to his disciples before his oppurtunity to enter Nirvana.

Claiming that the practices which Sadhguru offers are 'weaksauce' or anything of the sort comes from misunderstanding spiritual sadhana and the nature of purification. Our Being consists of different  sheathes of energy which are connected to reality from different dimensions, transcending those modalities with a psychedelic like 5-MeO-DMT is not a way to tend to or purify those aspects of reality, if anything we're likely to neglect them if we only focus on short-term alteration of consciousness through substances or practices

The purpose of every Isha practice is to put present and past life karma on fast forward by purifying the energy physiology from the different sheathes, purification of the mind is only seen as a consequence of this and no importance is even placed upon the mind or higher states of consciousness in yoga because it is the purification of our gross and sober state which determines how free our consciousness becomes in any permanent regard. Substances, excluding a few which are more rooted in gross dimensions and the earth element such as Ayahuasca and mushrooms, only tend to higher consciousness and states of mind and it can be very easy to neglect the rest of reality through that approach. Purification through Ayahuasca and mushrooms is likewise quite unreliable and arbitrary, and that is why yogic practices which purify the energetic sheathes are important. Yoga is rooted in the purification of the five elements and purification of prana (solar and lunar energy). Our sober connection to the purity of the five elements determines how pure our body and mind are. Solar and lunar energy are represented as Father and Mother in yoga because those are the energy channels/intermediaries through which our actual Father and Mother transmit information to us to condition and create the body genetically. The five elements are the very basis of creation and without them we would not exist, on top of that it is solar and lunar energy which creates and encodes life to take a physical form, so both of these dimensions are extremely important in Hinduism. By purifying our connection to the solar system through Hatha yoga we are purifying our connection to the original Father and Mother, the original source of our physical manifestation, and this purifies grosser dimensions of information and conditioning in the mind and body

It is our past (sanchita) and present (parabdha) karma which keeps our consciousness compulsive in a sober state, and to exhaust that backlog of gross information yoga incorporates the purification of elements and prana. Purifying the mind is the easiest thing that we can do, through substances or through intense kriya yoga, but purifying the mind does not tend to grosser dimensions of energy and that is what we need to purify to free our consciousness from the grips of karma in our sober state. It isn't for no reason at all that Hatha yoga exists, or that deities which represent the sun and moon as Surya and various forms of the Divine Mother exist. If we want deep and permanent spiritual progress which isn't restricted to exaggerated states of mind and consciousness, and which isn't disconnected from the gross problems in the world and the dimensions through which they exist, yoga becomes important. You will see that teachers like Leo and others who focus on transcendence, nothingness and so on are mentally masturbating over those states, and that is because they are neglecting real spiritual science in the name of substances which stimulate the gross bodies and exaggerate the application of higher mind and consciousness, without addressing the origins of these impurities which are being transcended

Coming to Shambhavi, the purpose of Shambhavi is to purify the pranic channels (Ida/moon and Pingala/sun) and to awaken the central spinal channel known as Sushumna. The potency of Shambhavi lies in the fact that it causes the etheric body (the subtlest energetic sheathe) to become the most dominant sheathe in our experience, which in turn causes all other gross manifestations of karma in the energetic, mental and physical body to exhaust over time. Mahamudra means a seal, and it is the sealing aspect of Shambhavi which locks the physiological changes which the practice makes in place. This grosser purification allows you to attain to meditativeness in a holistic and organic way, exhausting the karmic impurities in the energetic physiology so that your entire system becomes meditative

Yoga from Isha is different from kriya yoga because it aims to achieve higher states of consciousness through permanent purification of the elements and energy body, instead of transcending and neglecting them. A lot of people in the world will not take Leo's path of transcending those dimensions through substances, or the Buddhist path of transcending those dimensions through awareness alone, and that is why attaining to awareness and consciousness through these methods is a more holistic and purificatory approach. In Isha's most advanced practice, Shakti Chalana Kriya, you can attain to a state of non-duality by purifying and taking charge of the body's five Pancha Vayus. The practice causes the Pancha Vayus to recede from the body as they would at death, which is therefore more physiologically accurate and purifying than death through any transcendental mode of consciousness. Shambhavi is very intense if you are initiated, and it is a kind of intensity which needs to be understood from the right perspective

All yogic practices, it doesn’t matter what you’re doing, whether you do asana, yama, niyama, pranayama, asana, whatever dharana, dhyana, samadhi, shoonya, whatever you may be doing, essentially all of it is coming from the fundamentals of bootha suddhi or cleansing the elements or if you cannot cleanse, if you’re such a hopeless case, transcending the elements. - Sadhguru

Edited by Phrenic

@Phrenic great explanations! Thanks! :)

Which technique or practise one should follow if one's Lunar energy is way too dominant?

My prana energy sometimes gets uncomfortably cold.

Once after a session of working on the chakras on my hand, my hand did get really really cold and also looked lifeless and pale. What's the reason behind this?

I did some purification techniques you recommend me before, it got better, i see improvements and enhancements in general over the whole energy system, but still the temperature of the energy is out of my control.

I've never experienced energy getting hot. 

Edited by m0hsen

6 hours ago, m0hsen said:

@Phrenic great explanations! Thanks! :)

Which technique or practise one should follow if one's Lunar energy is way too dominant?

My prana energy sometimes gets uncomfortably cold.

Once after a session of working on the chakras on my hand, my hand did get really really cold and also looked lifeless and pale. What's the reason behind this?

I did some purification techniques you recommend me before, it got better, i see improvements and enhancements in general over the whole energy system, but still the temperature of the energy is out of my control.

I've never experienced energy getting hot. 

Throughout the day the dominance between Ida and Pingala switches, if you are sensitive and in a sober and grounded state then you should be able to notice this. In Isha, practices like Surya Kriya combine the pranic duality of Solar and Lunar together to awaken Sushumna in the spine, which in turn leads to a total purification of the energy body and a natural attainment towards non-dual and higher states of consciousness

There are many Saints whose various energetic bodies are undeveloped and impure, but they may be in higher states of consciousness. It is a blessed way to be if you only care about realization, but the application of such growth to the world is akin to applying stage turquoise in spiral dynamics to everything without development in the grosser centres

Here is a nice excerpt from Mystic's Musings in which Sadhguru describes the Saint Ramakrishna's spiritual growth - 

He was in the bliss body; simply blissful. The physical body, he was not bothered, mental body, he was not bothered, pranic body, he was not bothered. When Ramana sat for meditation, he just sat for fourteen years and his whole body was full of sores and insect bites. Animals came and bit him and he just sat because he had nothing to do with the body. If it heals, it heals. If it doesn't heal, it doesn't heal. He treats the mind and mental body the same way. If cancer comes, he doesn't care. He doesn't even feel he has cancer because he feels it is not in him. Only people on the path of kriya yoga are capable of attending to the body in a scientific way. Others do not pay attention to it. Usually, they are incapable of too much activity. A Ramana or a Ramakrishna would not be able to trek with me to the Himalayas, let alone at my pace. Physically they are very incapable, because they were not bothered about taking care of their bodies. Their growth did not involve building a certain body. So they never attended to those things. They attained through their own intelligence and their own intensity, not following any system. Only people on the path of kriya, the Realized yogis, are physically very fit and their bodies will be properly kept. For them there is no problem. They cross the border and they come back. They smuggle things across (laughs). For them, it's a daily affair. That's the difference between a saint and a Guru.

I would recommend any of Isha's Hatha yoga techniques if you want to purify and balance prana, but the household practice Surya Namaskar will also work wonders for you over time and assist you with your meditative endeavors. Here is a recently released video which sheds some light on Surya Namaskar and Surya Kriya - 

@Phrenic yes regarding  his quote above - this is where you essentially eliminate any bias or leaning  towards a particular finite form or self.  You just remain in a state of selflessness.   That would  include eating and drinking..  But here one must be careful that it is not the ego secretly shifting bias 

So this also means it will expedite  the "death" of the finite  form or the finite mind  in which consciousness  has been localized.   This "self" which is imaginary, will very quickly cease when all bias is removed.   If there is still any attachment to form - or to formlessness - then this will not happen.   So I do not necessarily mean "physical" death, which is also imaginary. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

35 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Phrenic yes regarding  his quote above - this is where you essentially eliminate any bias or leaning  towards a particular finite form or self.  You just remain in a state of selflessness.   That would  include eating and drinking..  But here one must be careful that it is not the ego secretly shifting bias 

So this also means it will expedite  the "death" of the finite  form or the finite mind  in which consciousness  has been localized.   This "self" which is imaginary, will very quickly cease when all bias is removed.   If there is still any attachment to form - or to formlessness - then this will not happen.  

That makes sense, the point that I was making and the point that Sadhguru makes in referring to Saints and Gurus is that Saints limit themselves to realization and awareness, transcending grosser dimensions of energy and in essence neglecting large segments of life, so to speak. It isn't that techniques which are taught in Hinduism or Sadhguru are not transcendental in nature or geared towards realization, any potent practice will cultivate the necessary awareness and energy to transcend the self and attain to realizations of nothingness, non-duality and so forth, and this is one powerful facet of Isha's practices

In Hinduism duality exists up to Agna, or the third eye, the crown chakra and beyond it are where higher consciousness and states of selflessness take place, but it is approaching spiritual growth with only one end of the stick and exaggerating the importance of realization alone, and not coupling our conscious experience with a deeper purification of the energetic bodies, which causes us to restrict ourselves to relatively disconnected, higher modes of consciousness

This is why Shakti Chalana Kriya in Isha is coupled with Shoonya, an experiential initiation into nothingness. Likewise, purifying the elements with Bhuta Shuddhi and balancing them within the system causes you to transcend them. And also, with Hatha yoga and practices which purify the pranic body, total balance and synchronicity with the rest of the solar system leads to an undifferentiated and neutral state in which the five elements are transcended. The spinal channel, Sushumna, is neutralizing and lacks all dualistic qualities, and people who attain to Sushumna are refrerred to as being in a state of nirguna (lacking all qualities). The Shambhavi Mahamudra initiation is intended to awaken Sushumna, and during the programme Sadhguru will quote the Shiva sutras in which Shiva describes the quality and importance of Sushumna

So it isn't that realization, selflessness, transcending the senses and so on is neglected in Isha's practices, it is just seen as a rudimentary and necessary step for us to be able to purify the many dimensions of life and our Being, and that is where the real work lies

Sadhguru adds to his description of Saints and Gurus by saying this - 

That's the difference between a saint and a Guru. Saints somehow cross the border. They are wonderful people. They will bless you and their blessings are good to receive. A Guru is not somebody who is just a saint. A Guru is somebody who has the methods and technologies for everything. He's somebody who is good both ways. A Guru's ways will not be saintly at all. One moment he's this, the next that. He can be in so many ways. He is just playing a role because he has all the technologies in his hand. He's not always a good man; he can do anything, but a saint is always a good man, always gentle, always loving and always happy. A Guru is not like that. He will do what is needed. If needed, he can stand up and fight.

@Phrenic cool...sounds like these teachings and practices can lead to enlightenment but at the same don't dwell on it as the primary focus (which paradoxically can lead to it quicker) but rather a sense of balance and embrace of all things - both duality and non-duality.  So that one can enjoy a deeper sense of well being.  Personally  I am of the same view as Sadhguru in that I have no issue with form or bias towards formlessness.  This does mean I will have bias towards form in some fashion but that's awesome ?  this is how ego development and spirituality unite.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.