Anon212

Sadhguru....again

69 posts in this topic

Consecrated means: "having been made or declared sacred."

You are already Sacred. No human being can save your soul, or save you from rebirths. First of all, there is an assumption that rebirths are bad and something to escape.

What You Are is already beyond birth and death. Already.

I cannot speak about the practice, I have not done it. Perhaps it is great. 

I wouldn't buy into beliefs that there is a long process to Enlightenment, or that it is "somewhere over there". 

What you believe, you experience. Your assumptions govern your sight. Assume you are already what you seek, and look from that standpoint. The Truth is You Are. But if you can't see that right now (I couldn't), just assume it. Intend to notice what already is so. Today. Let that be your intention every day when you wake up. To notice your already Pure, Beautiful, Holy Being. If you set that intention every day when you wake up, you will come to notice it VERY fast. Perhaps today. 

God is Your Very Self. Closer than close. Closer than self image and personality. No human can make you holy, because you already are Holiness. Sadghuru means True Guru. Your True Guru is in YOU. You are essentially no different from Jesus Christ or Buddha. There is money in you believing you are and then looking for it in someone "else".

Your Satsang is Here and Now. With Me, Your True Being. Not this guy that is seemingly writing this post, but with Me. Desire Me and Intend to find Me in your heart and you will, I am already here. The odds are on your side, you are looking for what you already are. The Universe is supporting this. You WILL awaken to what you already are. This lifetime. Follow Me, not a human.

Sincerely,

Yourself

@soularlight what you’re saying sounds very nice to the ear but it’s not something that most can realize. This is why we seek a guru: because he/she has charted that territory and can dispel darkness. For someone with a natural ability to meditate, what you’re saying makes sense.

1 hour ago, Ether12 said:

@soularlight what you’re saying sounds very nice to the ear but it’s not something that most can realize. This is why we seek a guru: because he/she has charted that territory and can dispel darkness. For someone with a natural ability to meditate, what you’re saying makes sense.

Well, have you tried waking up in the morning every day and intending, really setting the intention to discover what is already True? Every intention creates a flow. The "how" is none of our business. See what happens if you wake up each morning and set a fresh intention of discovering Truth, to realize The Truth of Your Being and to become aware of what is already Here. Love <3 

I can see here that some people are into the fake gurus. They don't question anything, they just blindly accept whatever some known gurus are saying. There are some real enlightened people and they don't ask for money. They are also not the right-wingers, like Sadguru ( they are also not the left-wingers of course).

And what being "consecrated" means in the context of Sadguru's practice anyway? As soularlight above said it means "having been made or declared sacred". It is an arogance and ignorance on both sides, the giver and the receiver of the consecration, to believe someone can make us sacred just by saying so.

I am not buying this nonsense, thank you.

@Bojan V maybe it is not about Sadhguru but his practices. I do not see much value from his speeches either. Of course he is talking to a regular crowd in his videos so his understanding is watered down. But does his practices work? Cause that's all that matters for me, one day i will maybe test some out and see it for myself.

8 hours ago, Ether12 said:

Similar to @Tetcher, I have done IE and been initiated into Shambhavi and I've also done Surya Kriya. Since my initiation into the practices which was about 2 years ago, I've not missed a single day. Not saying this out of pride, but more so because of how much it has benefited me. Does that mean I'm always "blissed" out? No to be honest 9 times out of 10 I'm not. It's just that doing the practices makes me feel good, makes me feel at ease especially when the outside situations aren't going my way.

Difficult situations which would've previously had me going crazy now don't impact me the same way. It's not that I don't stress or get anxious, it's that I can deal with it so much better than before!

If you have any specific questions for me, let me know. All the best!

Idk why he doesn't just teach how to handle body/mind properly, instead he sells dreams, like motivational videos sell dreams, there is no difference. 

Idk why he is doing this, it is little disturbing actually. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

Don't go into Sadhguru's practices unless you want to do them long term. It's not a test drive.  

@soularlight the intent is there but not as concentrated/intense as it could be. Thanks for sharing that, I will attempt to bring this more and more into my awareness.

@Bojan V I'm not sure that consecrated means to make sacred. Consecration is more so a space/object or person that has been energized/concentrated with life energy. Dhyanalinga is an example of what is supposedly a consecrated space. If you sit and experience this, the energy will blow you away, the vibrancy of it is such. I know this from experience. I also agree with you that people need to question and not blindly follow any guru. I think there are many people in Isha who follow and believe everything that is said to them. I feel such people are missing out because they are concluding something they can't prove by experience. Sadhguru himself says  you should not blindly believe what he says, nor should you disbelieve. If people don't listen, you can't really blame him.

@Husseinisdoingfine Which techniques did you try specifically?

3 hours ago, PureRogueQ said:

Idk why he doesn't just teach how to handle body/mind properly, instead he sells dreams, like motivational videos sell dreams, there is no difference. 

Idk why he is doing this, it is little disturbing actually. 

He's all about body/mind mastery also he's offering practices, what do you mean he sells dreams ?

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I tried doing his yoga techniques, it was all weak sauce

Do you know techniques that are not weak sauce ? Would you share where to get them ?

@Ether12 have you tried any other of ishas practices apart from the 2 you mentioned. Are ishas practices the most effective you have came across.

Do you think shambhavi and surya kriya are effective practices for spiritual advancement rather than just for well being 

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I did his isha kriya for 48 days, and for two weeks one hour every morning I would do his well being yoga. I did not notice any significant results.

Well you tried, it shows that you are ready to take actions for your well being. Hopefully you can find a practice or a thread that works for you.

9 hours ago, Tetcher said:

He's all about body/mind mastery also he's offering practices, what do you mean he sells dreams ?

It means if you believe that shit is gold, you will believe shit is gold

He does not teach you anything besides being nice crack addict that only knows that it will give him good feels, well crack is more certain way to to give you good fells, with this stuff it all comes down to how much trust you have. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

18 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I tried doing his yoga techniques, it was all weak sauce

Guess i do not need to test out his practices. Got my answer here.

@Husseinisdoingfine which Isha techniques have you tired ?

Were you initiated into these practices 

@GreenLight ishas practices do work, they are some of the best out there.

Edited by bobbyward

On 4/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, bobbyward said:

Do you think shambhavi and surya kriya are effective practices for spiritual advancement rather than just for well being 

My experience is similar to what this guy shares about Surya Kriya. 

I do Shambhavi non-stop as well. Can't tell which practice is the one that makes the difference overall. As a sensation, Surya Kriya feels deeper. For many others it's the Shambhavi. Maybe the trickiest part is getting more and more focused in the moment to improve the subtlest alignment of your body. Especially when you don't feel like it and want to go on to the next thing in your day. 

On 2021-04-02 at 6:34 PM, bobbyward said:

@GreenLight ishas practices do work, they are some of the best out there.

Then i will try them out some day

Does anyone have a resource to find them?

Edited by GreenLight

2 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Then i will try them out some day

Does anyone have a resource to find them?

It's a bit tough right now, but Isha teachers might give private classes in your area. 

You can search by country or city here - https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/yoga-meditation/yoga-teacher-training/hatha-yoga-teacher-training/teachers-in-your-area

Scroll down to the "Find a Teacher" section and use the search box. Two results came when I typed "Sweden".

If they currently don't give classes, they should be able to give some honest advice, at least.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:24 AM, Bojan V said:

I can see here that some people are into the fake gurus. They don't question anything, they just blindly accept whatever some known gurus are saying. There are some real enlightened people and they don't ask for money. They are also not the right-wingers, like Sadguru ( they are also not the left-wingers of course).

And what being "consecrated" means in the context of Sadguru's practice anyway? As soularlight above said it means "having been made or declared sacred". It is an arogance and ignorance on both sides, the giver and the receiver of the consecration, to believe someone can make us sacred just by saying so.

I am not buying this nonsense, thank you.

You are underestimating the human mind's effect on itself.

You can't really make a judgement of the practice until you've done it yourself. The practice is based on not having any assumptions prior to the initiation and practicing of it and this includes his claims. If need be, disregard all claims and be the test subject for yourself. That is the only way to truly know if it is worth doing over time. When I personally did it at a 3 day initiation in Atlanta,GA four years ago, I went in with no assumptions, including Sadhguru's own claims. The only advice I honestly took to heart from him was "just do it, and see for yourself. It, (the practice itself) ,does not need your belief to work. It will do it's work anyway."

And yes, the initiation and consecration is quite unique. It's what separates the Shambhavi practice from the"everyday" meditative/mindfulness techniques taken from a book or app. Can these still 'work"? Sure, but the Shambhavi, from my experience ,greatly accelerates the "process". I had been practicing various meditative techniques daily for years, with minor "results" prior to being officially initiated. There is significance to it. Why, I have no idea, but it does. This and this alone, and what the practice produced within me after a few months of daily practice is what makes,imo, Sadhguru the real deal and a rare being of this time and generation. Is he the only one,of course not. He's constantly saying there are many like this alive and well today, people just don't hear about most of them.

If anything else, just look at what this being has done for people and the world in such a short time. It's absolutely astonishing in regards to what is taken as your average, everyday regular human being.

I can 100% say, that without going through the initiation process,and doing the practice as taught, I would not have had the awakening. Does this practice have the ability to "awaken" to what is your true nature? In my own experience yes. But, as has been said, the nature of the practice adapts to where you (the practitioner) are, and takes you from there. Some, by nature alone, are closer (or "ripe"), for awakening than others. This is something you can't really know. It will happen when it's time, but know that there's no way it won't happen sooner or later. I will say that this practice can expedite the process. Just dont' have any assumptions of what it is "supposed" to do or what is "supposed" to happen. Everyone can have all the ideas they want about what awakening is, but know for sure that it's never, and that only means never, is it what anyone can think or expect it will be.

On that note, if Sadhguru and the practice are not your cup of tea, at least find someone legitimate, who can initiate you into something. If they're for real, it can work wonders for the spiritually un-initiated.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard