Understander

About Non-existance

11 posts in this topic

Weeks ago it became obvious that there is not an eye that sees things and never has been. That thing literally does not exist. It is non-existant, but I somehow "percieve" the non-existance of it. How can a thing exist as non-existant? I still cannot comprehend how this happens.

7 hours ago, Understander said:

How can a thing exist as non-existant? I still cannot comprehend how this happens.

Does the one who cannot comprehend even exist? 

Maybe this video I posted in another thread helps ("he" also suddenly, shockingly realized his nonexistence - from 20:21 onwards).

@Understander There is no such thing as non-existence. Consciousness is imaging a non-existant eye. So that imagination of non-existence exists.

Unicorns exist, as ideas within your consciousness.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura What I mean by the eye does not exist is that there is not a thing looking at a thing. So, you're saying that's also an imagination?

And how can I get to the truth of something if all things are imagination? What is the difference between direct experience and imagination?

Is direct experience also an imagination?

Edited by Understander

29 minutes ago, Understander said:

And how can I get to the truth of something if all things are imagination?

You can still get to imaginary truths. :P

29 minutes ago, Understander said:

Yes.

36 minutes ago, Understander said:

@Leo Gura What I mean by the eye does not exist is that there is not a thing looking at a thing. So, you're saying that's also an imagination?

And how can I get to the truth of something if all things are imagination? What is the difference between direct experience and imagination?

There's a level of imagination that doesn't cause any suffering. It's what you can call direct experience.

And there's a level of imagination that is purely mental. It's simply implied without any basis in direct experience. 

@Nahm Good question.

@GreenWoods So, to know The Truth is to know the truth of Imagination?

@Leo Gura So, the right thing to do is not to confuse what it is for what I want it to be.

I am lost. Anyways, thanks. :)

Edited by Understander

@Understander The eye you think as "non-existent" actually appears in your mind, so it exists.
What Leo referes to is that the IDEA of -Phisical eyes looking to a material world producing the experience of seeing- is wrong from a fenomenological POV, since the idea of a concrete world made of matter is itself an idea. BUT that same IDEA still EXIST in you mind.
If you look closely, your idea of non-existence is formed of different separated sensations (visuals of a black void for ex) that you summed up togheter and labled "Non-Existence". 
The notion of non-existence can only appear in existence to be periceved

13 hours ago, Understander said:

How can a thing exist as non-existant?

It cant.