Husseinisdoingfine

Is Zen Buddhism the most accurate spiritual school?

30 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

There is no such thing as the "most accurate school."  It is an ego delusion to formulate such an issue; the ego attempting to grasp the Absolute conceptually.

This forum is INTP-heavy. The last thing INTPs need is an "accurate" school.  What they actually need is some form of bhakti, i.e. devotion and surrender.  It doesn't matter if you believe God looks like the San Diego Chicken, as long as you surrender and devote yourself to that.

And what if God looks like the mind, and INTPs surrender and worship at his alter all day long? ;)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And what if God looks like the mind, and INTPs surrender and worship at his alter all day long?

Auto-theism.  Ego worship.

It's right there in the MBTI model, dude: the mind (Ti) is the ego. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

Auto-theism.  Ego worship.

It's right there in the MBTI model, dude: the mind (Ti) is the ego. :)

The Mind is God :)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The Mind is God :)

God is whatever you need it to be to transcend the ego, that's how I look at it.  It's not about an objective truth, but the truth you personally need.

Go ahead and try bhakti for a year or two, as revolting as it may be to you.  Guarantee you'll experience a ton of progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

God is whatever you need it to be to transcend the ego, that's how I look at it.  It's not about an objective truth, but the truth you personally need.

Go ahead and try bhakti for a year or two, as revolting as it may be to you.  Guarantee you'll experience a ton of progress.

Bhakti to myself? Reminds me of jerking off :D


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any teaching which denies the existence of God is a wrong teaching.

Reality is God.

But also, God is God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bhakti to myself? Reminds me of jerking off :D

I wonder why Ramana and many non dual sages like him always practiced Bhakti as well as self inquiry etc. Even though they understood they were doing bhakti to themselves.:D

Edited by Andyourheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andyourheart said:

I wonder why Ramana and many non dual sages like him always practiced Bhakti

Well, jerking off is a popular pastime. Although self-fellating is a better analogy here :P

How did their Bhakti look in practice?


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, jerking off is a popular pastime. Although self-fellating is a better analogy here :P

How did their Bhakti look in practice?

Apparently Bhakti is the quickest (or easiest) way to Liberation according to Sadhguru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 30/03/2021 at 10:31 PM, mandyjw said:

Accuracy doesn't really come into play when the school or teacher is pointing to something that has no location. It's more about the resonance with you that is the real and only measure of accuracy. 

accuracy, late 16th century: from Latin accuratus ‘done with care’, past participle of accurare, from ad- ‘towards’ + cura ‘care’.

This 100. 

Context of language and concepts matters more than content. Obviously. For tangible example, one person might grow from one type of advice, another person might grow from the opposite advice.

Edited by lmfao

"Piercing through the whitewash will turn into the truth someday
I want to keep believing in it stubbornly; It’s just my faith. The absolute truth."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now