Husseinisdoingfine

Is Zen Buddhism the most accurate spiritual school?

30 posts in this topic

I think yes.

Other schools and traditions are oftentimes too distracted with images/concepts and imposed morality. 

"Love is all that I can give to you ❤ Love is more than just a game for two!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JErVP6xLZwg 

Accuracy doesn't really come into play when the school or teacher is pointing to something that has no location. It's more about the resonance with you that is the real and only measure of accuracy. 

accuracy, late 16th century: from Latin accuratus ‘done with care’, past participle of accurare, from ad- ‘towards’ + cura ‘care’.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Accuracy doesn't really come into play when the school or teacher is pointing to something that has no location. It's more about the resonance with you that is the real and only measure of accuracy. 

This.

Plus with Zen, if you read or listen to a lot of teachers, they regard zazen as enlightenment, when one sits in zazen they are practicing enlightenment. The context being that because enlightenment is already the case, zazen is simply an expression of it. This is technically true, but from the pov of the seeker, regarding zazen the practice as enlightenment would be a huge mistake. Only being enlightened is enlightenment, and only then would one realize enlightenment was and has always been the case. If one thinks they’ve reached enlightenment because they practice zazen, they’re only deluding themselves. This is more a criticism of soto zen, and tbh it may not even be that big of an issue given how transformative hardcore zazen is. 

But on the other hand, the nice thing about zen is that it is very direct, and void of a lot of the spiritual bullshit a lot of other traditions have. It’s very difficult to misinterpret it because it has so little to interpret. It’s main “teaching” is that enlightenment is this moment, right here and now. Water is wet is enlightenment. The actuality of what is IS truth. Hard to argue with that, but for a confused seeker, this gives very little to go off of. The extent and subtlety of ignorance, self-deception, and ‘lack of consciousness’ can be easily missed if all we’re doing is “just sitting” without any deliberate contemplation or intention self-reflection. 

The value of any spiritual school is its separation from conceptuality, and its capacity to create space for you to realize You. Zen, compared to many spiritual schools, is less conceptual. No mind = a good start.

Still, you can sit in a cave for a lifetime, freeing your mind, and never wake up. For that reason, I don't endorse or demonize any particular school. The best school is the one that points to who You already are, and it varies from one "person" to the next.

Posted (edited)

Zen emphasizes direct experience more than almost all traditions. That’s key.

Still, people fall into the trap of dogmatizing a direct contemplation of reality with beliefs and tradition.

Zen isn’t immune to this.

Edited by Arzola

Something being accurate or inaccurate is just a conditioned thought.

There is no real goal or meaning of life which needs to be met or recognized.

just different cultures building their own prisons and believing there's is the best.... it's actually pretty funny when this seen clearly.

Free the mind ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Zen is great but has one major flaw which is overemphasizing nothingness on the expense of other facets of the truth which are Love, infinity and intelligence. But other than that it is great.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Imo when it comes to truth matters, it's one of the best schools there are. However, they seem to be quite limited in regards to life purpose and healing type of stuff

"In time you will learn that intuition is a higher form of knowledge and your feelings are in fact your sharpest tool."

All of reality is a spiritual school.

For a paradigm-locked/closed-minded Zen Buddhist, it most certainly is.

For me, it's just one way of understanding reality.

It's a metaphor.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Posted (edited)

Zen has a minimalist style - almost puritan you might say - which cuts through the flamboyance and ornately mythological style of Catholicism for instance. But I found it to be still quite conservative, hierarchical and attached to its Japanese cultural roots, slower to modernise than some others like modern Insight/Mindfulness movements as developments of Theravada Buddhism; or modern nondualism (neoadvaita) as a development of Hindu Advaita.  Unless others here know of more progressive (stage green) Zen communities?

Edited by snowyowl

"It's abyss all the way down."  Jim Newman.

No, it's still cosplay. Full of human bullshit.

The most accurate spiritual school is 5-MeO-DMT. ;)

No this is not true at all. The Primary source is always the most accurate. Zen is a subset of Mahayana Buddhism. The source is the Pali Canon. Read the freaking Pali cannon, visuddhimaga, dhammapada, vimuttimagga, and stop comparing the lower secondary sources.... Most humans are lazy and want to simply hear "Nothingness". There is way more to reality than that. Recognize buddha is simply the path of awareness. Buddha does not talk about topics like Shiva, or even the Egyptians. If you want to be lazy and "Do nothing/ Recognize the emptiness in all things", then cling to buddha buddha. Leo Gura is not the most awakened or he would have at least started his studies in the occult, realizing "REAL" ENLIGHTENMENT IS FREAKING HARD. There is only 1 group which talks about everything within all practices on earth and that is ancient Egypt/Atlantis. Most texts where 🔥burned. Buddhism is for the amateur who hasn't come to know para-phenomena as the vehicle to the next level of awakening. When you get there, haha good luck trying to be apart of worldly activities 🎬. 

~love you all and remember, study 📖every text you can. Nobody today is super enlightened, they only think they are. #ipsissimus.🙈👁🕯👁🙊🙏.

●~{https://singlelogin.me/?from=1lib.us}

●~{https://www.theoccultchannel.com/catalog}

●~{http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Main_Page}

@Tim R Don't be naive. If you "think" enlightenment is just->" be here now" that's bullshit. I've yet to see anyone of today surpass, & or write teaching as good as the buddha, & many other sages. It's all about bullsh*t "Nothingness.... infinity...I'm here to tell you there's more."

@Siddhatehuti If you are able to be here, timelessly, what more could be wanted? Is not anything else the egoic, conceptual cage? How can there be more than infinite Consciousness?

@Gesundheit Zen Buddhism doesn't cover phenomenology. The removal of words doesn't really me ""NOTHING"", BUT rather "No-Thingness!"

... I will never understand this fascination amateurs have of Zen. Hmmm, maybe because it's like elementary school 🏫🤔. 

You'd be surprised at how inaccurate it can be.

I have yet to meet someone from the Zen tradition who really understands what God is. I'm sure they exist, but they are rare.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

There is no such thing as the "most accurate school."  It is an ego delusion to formulate such an issue; the ego attempting to grasp the Absolute conceptually.

This forum is INTP-heavy. The last thing INTPs need is an "accurate" school.  What they actually need is some form of bhakti, i.e. devotion and surrender.  It doesn't matter if you believe God looks like the San Diego Chicken, as long as you surrender and devote yourself to that.