Raze

Materialistic paradigm criticism of Eckhart Tolle

16 posts in this topic

It's not really only a materialist approach to Tolle, but a stage Orange approach in general. He doesn't understand the first thing about what Tolle teaches. Especially as a "mental health counselor" he should know better how valuable Tolle's teachings can be to some people. 

I gotta say, I don't like this Todd Grande. The whole concept of his channel is based on nothing but judging people and project his own views on them, which is just shallow. He derives his authority from pop psychology (mind you; he's not a psychologist) and a PhD in his title, which gives the impression that he's a clinical psychologist or something like that. 

Oh god just wait until he finds out about Leo??

It's a good perspective from a psychologists perspective from the West in the USA who's mind hasn't cracked open to see the whole universe yet. 

Love and Life

Dr Grande should do an unbiased video analyzing himself, wonder if he will ever do that? Oh, wait, no, he wont. Very clever of him. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 hours ago, Raze said:

It is more a roast than a serious analysis. He has humour that you have to hand it to him lol

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Eckhart is quite a dry guy, I feel like he only says the same stuff all the time. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

2 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Eckhart is quite a dry guy, I feel like he only says the same stuff all the time. 

Yes.. And it's still not enough for people to experience them. Who cares about how Eckhart looks like as a human? I personally don't like his avatar. His books are powerful. It's not about him. His teaching are also not something new. It's just the way those books are written and constructed that make them powerful for some people that read them at the right time. 

Edited by BlackMaze

a problem a lot of people have.

They can't distinguish direct consciousness vs belief because their own minds are mish mashed so much with what is their body, mind, self, beliefs

etc.

This is why spiritual practices meditation is much needed nowadays. 

As you can see without the proper awareness this dude comes off as a complete nutbag trying to evaluate Tolle.

@BlackMaze I don't know if it works at all. Perhaps the buddhist type stuff works for some people. I haven't seen it working instantaneously. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

It's very ironic that this guy is so confident in his believes and at the same time so wrong. I'll take the lesson and own the shaddow. 

Thanks for sharing. ?

It's being criticized on Tolle but nobody sees his contribution in the spiritual path. He is saying the same again and again and reaching this way a lot of people, thousands of people!

His is the perfect elementary school teacher. It depends of the person if he/she wants to jump in the next class, so he is doing great job

On 30/3/2021 at 9:35 PM, Megan Alecia said:

@BlackMaze I don't know if it works at all. Perhaps the buddhist type stuff works for some people. I haven't seen it working instantaneously. 

What do you mean with instantaneously? Or with buddhist type? 

What an ignoramus.   Around 2.00 he says  “There was an I, and the self, and then the self was gone, whatever that means”.   He reminds me of the psychologists in the 1960s who were saying that meditation is a mental illness.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.