Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CameronsExploring

Knee Issue, Any Advice?

2 posts in this topic

Hello Actualized.org, Ive had a knee problem from running Cross Country for a while. I was told that I have crepitus in my right knee after a doctor visit. It may be from wearing down the cartilage in the joint over time? I dont run anymore really, but still like to excersize.

Im wondering what I should do about this problem. Anyone have any advice for this? Are there any excersizes or stretches I should do? Thanks

some people found a combination of glucosamine and chondroitin helpful but it does do not solve the root cause, they can just be transformed into the proteoglycans that make the bulk of the cartilage more readily. Your diet plays will every important in the regeneration and healing off the tissue unless of course there is a mechanical injury. As a runner, you're producing a lot of oxidative particles so the diet needs to be filled with antioxidants and a good amount of protein and fats for joint health & function. 

11 hours ago, CameronsExploring said:

It may be from wearing down the cartilage in the joint over time?

depending on your age and activity it may be but it could also be an improper running technique or inadequate shoewear, hard to say. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus