Unemployed

Why can't we remain awake?

13 posts in this topic

I remember when Leo said "I don't care if I live or die anymore.  I have no agenda!!!"  This was during his first live awakening video.  I've often felt this way while tripping or in a deep meditation session.  Why doesn't this feeling/insight/realization last?  Why do we have to be sucked back into the illusion?  Are there any tips on how to hold on that feeling?

Because neurotransmitters/brain chemistry return to the  pre-enlightenment state.

Start spiritual practices so you can maintain that state all the time, takes years but worth it, in parallel with trips to see what you're aiming for ...

18 hours ago, Unemployed said:

Why doesn't this feeling/insight/realization last?  

It does, it’s none of those. 

Why do we have to be sucked back into the illusion?

We don’t. 

Are there any tips on how to hold on that feeling?

Not believing these thoughts. Not pretending there is holding on. 

When the identity in what is being said is spotted, home again, there is no thing necessary or needed, only being. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Meditation is the whip for taming the wild lion that is your conditioned mind. For most people, awakenings don't last, because they haven't deeply committed yet to the wisdom that they offer, nor have they done the work of integrating those insights into their daily life.

It would be nice if you could just take 5-MeO-DMT, and be entirely free from suffering thereafter. Insights don't decondition your mind; they only provide the path to freedom, if you are ready to follow it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

because you have to offer your life to God. it is not enough to have a deep realization. You have to live with the certainty that everything that has happened to you in life is what had to happen, and that everything that will happen, the same. you have to let go of control and embrace life and death. This is not achieved with psychedelics, it is an act of love and surrender that must be renewed every moment.

In other words, you have to trascend your ego

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Unemployed why can't remain awake?

same reason you won't be able to keep yer eyes away if a naked lady was to walk in the room.

#YaInterested

be interested in the experience of being aware and you'll find you cannot ever fall asleep for the eye that you truly are has no lid - can't sleep with them eyes open bruh

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I'd like to remain asleep, but I keep waking up!!

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Awake and asleep is dual, what is longed for is the end of that whole effort of trying to find a way out. Trying to awaken is just another way of saying that something is wrong, that something better than sitting on a chair is available if you focus hard enough. There is no awakening and there is no being asleep in the dream, there is just this. This isn't a thing, the end of something needing to happen is this, it can never be that. It is so simple, but psychedelic experiences can really fuel the fire of hope for the individual that some end goal is available and achievable. It doesn't need to be achieved, it doesn't need to be a certain way, the whole energy of that need can fall away and then life just happens without a need for it to be understood or manipulated. It is literally this, whatever is happening is it. Too simple and too all encompassing to get, it is literally everything, so there is no hope to find it because it can't be lost.

I think it's quite simple why you can't be awake 24/7. There is no you, that's why. As long as you insist on there being 'a you' that can be x or y, well you will remain feeling like a separate self.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Eckhart Tolle says people would come up to him and tell him "I want what you have!"  Sadhguru says "I am stoned 24/7!"  Yogananda says advanced Kriyabans are able to remain in a state of ecstasy for as long as they want.  Is it childish of me to expect to achieve this?

image.jpeg