Pistachio2

What are your thoughts on Lil nas X music video

30 posts in this topic

It really doesn't trigger me but I really don't see the necessity to always push certain boundaries. It seems so excessive and unnecessary. Its obvious he's trying to salvage his career from being known as just a one hit wonder. There are other avenues he could have taken besides this. 

Also, I am bit worried how this will look in the eyes of conservatives and the far-right, who already demonize black people. This may sound very ignorant and outdated but minority groups have to be very careful about what image they present to the general public. Not saying it fair or even rational. Its just the reality of the times we live in. 

An absolutely groundbreaking video. The depiction of homosexuality, non-gender conforming style, having sex with the devil, and the climax of the video is the protagonist taking Hell's throne. I'm sure there is more that I missed. I don't follow pop culture very closely, but I would say this was a huge, huge step forward. Whether or not society is ready for it is another thing entirely. 

As a gay man, I find it very hot! Especially when he's grinding his bootie against the devil's crotch at 2:30. That is a depiction of gay male sexuality we almost never see in mainstream society, and it's sure to scandalize straight people, so I love it!!!

That being said, as a Christian, I believe allowing oneself to be seduced by the devil, or attempting to seduce the devil, is unutterably foolish and injurious to one's soul. So hopefully no one takes this video too seriously.

1 hour ago, abundance said:

It really doesn't trigger me but I really don't see the necessity to always push certain boundaries. It seems so excessive and unnecessary. Its obvious he's trying to salvage his career from being known as just a one hit wonder. There are other avenues he could have taken besides this. 

Also, I am bit worried how this will look in the eyes of conservatives and the far-right, who already demonize black people. This may sound very ignorant and outdated but minority groups have to be very careful about what image they present to the general public. Not saying it fair or even rational. Its just the reality of the times we live in. 

NO.

8 minutes ago, Boethius said:

as a Christian,

How do you reconcile the fact that your religion says in your holy book that homosexuals should be stoned to death?

11 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

NO.

How do you reconcile the fact that your religion says in your holy book that homosexuals should be stoned to death?

11 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

NO.

It says in Deuteronomy that homosexuals should be stoned death. It also says women who falsely presented as virgins before getting married should be stoned to death. Christians who are not biblical literalists or fundamentalists would say that none of that talk about stoning applies today, it's all a part of God's covenant with ancient Israel. Of course, the larger issues around Christianity and homosexuality are ridiculously complicated and contentious, with entire denominations being ripped apart over these very issues. Hence the controversy over a music video like Montero.

A cute reaction to the video. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Im quivering in my boots.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

There exists such thing called symbolism which has had utter significance to the powers that be throughout history & how human history has played out. if you listen to the people who blow the whistle on the fuckery that goes on within the Entertainment Industry then you know exactly the purpose of this video.

If not then... its just innocent art depicting the shadow aspects of stage blue which we all need to embrace and let go of and a music video such as this is definitely encouraging people to be open minded to satanism because after all, there are valuable lessons to be learned (: also don't forget that most of Lil Nas audience are underage children so lets get em when they are young! The sooner they embrace the fact that art is a free phenomenon, the sooner they break away from religious taboos. 

Oh and also the people who are saying that the shoes being marketed with this song can somehow be related to witch craft & blood rituals are batshit crazy. There is no such thing. Its just fashion man.. just relax man... be open minded, the world is becoming more open & we must embrace it. This is what growth looks like! You're only resisting it because you are in a lower stage on the spiral. 

Lets all come together and support this man by buying the shoes that consists of a drop of human blood because that is whats cool

Edited by OmAhHungVajraGuru

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Im quivering in my boots.

You're no puss in boots. 

Lol you are under my bed omg. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

This is pretty big. First time I can think of a black hip hop artist openly displaying and embracing their sexuality as a young gay man. The song isn't really my taste but I support his endeavor.

He has been getting a ton of hate from right wingers on twitter 

6 hours ago, Lyubov said:

This is pretty big. First time I can think of a black hip hop artist openly displaying and embracing their sexuality as a young gay man. The song isn't really my taste but I support his endeavor.

He has been getting a ton of hate from right wingers on twitter 

A friend told me about a tweet he made where he said something along the lines of, "you think this a sign of the end times as if the holocaust and slavery never happened." I'd send it myself, but I block twitter haha. 

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

What's so special about this song? It sounds like any other song you hear on the radio these days to me.

what country are you from? homosexuality is not usually associated with hip hop in the US. a video from an openly gay black hip hop artist hasn't been done before on such a large stage. it's raunchy stage orange stuff but I think still is fine and fun. 

Edited by Lyubov

Amazing video. The people who take issue with his video (and his new satan shoes) are christian conservatives, a group of people who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. We need more stuff like this just to piss off the loathsome right wing cretins. Rotten pieces of shit.

8 minutes ago, NOTintoxicated said:

Amazing video. The people who take issue with his video (and his new satan shoes) are christian conservatives, a group of people who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. We need more stuff like this just to piss off the loathsome right wing cretins. Rotten pieces of shit.

And in that statement you make it clear that you are on the same level as they are. However reprehensible their views, they are still people and still members of our society. Stop justifying the dehumanization of people you disagree with, that is part of the problem. 

1 minute ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Ugly ugly ugly, rap music is just the worse.

We've found the Trump supporter.

Wouldn't be surprised if this dude's a Derek Chauvin supporter.

Just now, Elevated said:

And in that statement you make it clear that you are on the same level as they are. However reprehensible their views, they are still people and still members of our society. Stop justifying the dehumanization of people you disagree with, that is part of the problem. 

This is exactly the response I was trying to provoke. Yes, for hating hatred, I am equally hateful. That's some major league inbred energy, and I'm embarrassed that people think like you do.

16 minutes ago, NOTintoxicated said:

We've found the Trump supporter.

Wouldn't be surprised if this dude's a Derek Chauvin supporter.

This is exactly the response I was trying to provoke. Yes, for hating hatred, I am equally hateful. That's some major league inbred energy, and I'm embarrassed that people think like you do.

I try not to define myself by typical Right/Left ideologies. I highly recommend reading, "The Listening Society," by Hanzi Freinacht. It gives a really cool political analysis via a developmental lens that is very reminiscent of Spiral Dynamics, which he mentions. He gives a great analysis of Anarchism and Communism, and talks about where they fit in the coming future of civilization, especially in the sequel, "Nordic Ideology," which I also recommend. 

Either way, I believe that your anger at these people is justified. My issue is that you can be angry at these people and desire to change their beliefs, while still acting from a place of love. I think it's a mistake to think that you cannot be against these political ideologies, actively work against them, or, in the most extreme circumstances, even kill, without it coming from a place of love. As you strike the face of a Nazi with his boot on the face of a homosexual person, can you love that Nazi? Can you empathize with how his belief system is only true for him insofar as his upbringing and influences allowed? Personally, I believe that the future of political discourse is to transcend our anger for one another, and act from a place of love, even if that means we must engage in violence against those who would engage in violence against us. 

Edited by Elevated