Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate0068

Infinite content or gargantuan amount but finite?

13 posts in this topic

So when realitys playing out for eternity does it every run out of new experience? New things never seen before? Can someone give me an actual answer to what infinity actually is does infinity mean that it litteraly never repeats in what it expirnces? Or does god just have a vast vast range of things to experience but does go threw them advantualy but just forgets and goes threw everything for eternity again and again

Will thoughts about anything ever be the direct experience of said thing? 

Is it reasonable to believe a finite thought could be accurate about infinity? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Nate0068 said:

So when realitys playing out for eternity does it every run out of new experience? New things never seen before? 

Consider: "What is a new experience?".

Is it possible not to have a new experience in each moment? If I put my foot in the same river each day, is it actually the same river each day? In one context it is. It another context it isn't.

Visit the same spot in a forest everyday and closely observe. Is it the same thing everyday? If the mind creates a crude map, yes. Yet if we increase our level of awareness, we will observe many different things. The sunlight is a bit different. The shadows are different. The wind and temperature is different. The position of every leaf and their specific movements are different. The positions and movements of centillions of atoms are different. . . This opens the question "Is it possible to return to the forest and have it be exactly as it was before?". 

Or another perspective. . . look around you right now. There are centillions of atoms (1 followed by 303 zeros). That is beyond comprehension. What are the odds that each of those centillions of atoms are in the exact place they are now, moving exactly as they are now? What is the chance that someone could predict yesterday the totality of ISness right now? A zero followed by an infinite amount of zeros. . . You are essentially asking if Pi ever stops. . . 

If it's Eternal, then it must also be Infinite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Forestluv Another perspective could be: there can't be new experiences since the experience is always the same. 

Unless we make endless categories of course, which is exactly what language does

@Javfly33 Notice that you are having new experiences every day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

@Forestluv Another perspective could be: there can't be new experiences since the experience is always the same. 

Yep. That would be like saying there is One Now. 

Yet the trap is to getting locked into "there can't be new experiences since experience is always the same". This is true from one perspective, yet would be a block to seeing the truth of "there can be new experiences since experiences are never the same". 

8 hours ago, Nate0068 said:

Can someone give me an actual answer to what infinity actually is does infinity mean that it litteraly never repeats in what it expirnces?

Infinity can be what it likes. If you have an infinite chequerboard, then it clearly repeats. If you start counting from 1, it clearly never repeats. Infinity doesn't have one definition other than it's ubounded in some way.

If you're talking about the infinity of reality itself, then quite clearly it repeats. It just repeats in a chaotic way. Repetition is the basis of recognition. If infinity (reality) didn't repeat then you wouldn't recognise your own mother.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

@Leo Gura so the absolute singularity will see new things its never seen before for eternity? Is that the power of infinity?

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Javfly33 Notice that you are having new experiences every day.

@Leo Gura If inside the "main experience" (God) I start to make disntinctions between forms ad colours, thoughts and feelings, yeah, I am having new experiences.

However the main experience is always the same. ?

@Forestluv ?. Yeah, the other perspective makes life more fun, opening the possibility to experience all kind of experiences (once you tell yourself there are "new" experiences).

Of course both perspectives are valid to take into account ?

Edited by Javfly33

@Javfly33

I think what you're saying is that the content of experiences are always changing (according to language and thought) but the truth is that there is no actual distinction between one moment or experience to the next. (which I agree with)

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell