Uchral

Is Leo Gura Delusional?

58 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

You see what your doing. Your trying to get yourself to believe one way or the other. 

It is exactly what I have written before. They say you have to pay attention what you are doing.
Giving feedback is always important, because it helps to improve.

And of course you can. You are stuck in the thought patterns he applied to you. Not that he is some cult leader who manipulates you concioussly to buy his product, but this is the byproduct of his videos. You have to learn to think indepedently ; ) Currently you are a fan and thats ok, it is the same for all YouTubers. They automatically create a cult.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

33 minutes ago, SS10 said:

There is most certainly delusional aspects about Leo. 

Dont take his teachings as some absolute truth, apply his own teachings onto his own teachings.

And take his videos with a pinch of salt.

I'm totally new to this community and his videos as of yesterday.  But how he may respond to claims that he is delusional would be revealing... lol. 

So far all I see if some guy who has some put in a lot of work to make some videos and a forum online.  He not only encourages but pushes the audience to think abt things for themselves.  I have not seen any way in which he manipulates his members or audiences into staying with his community or giving him some kind of significant sum of money for deeper access to something.  Haven't see any yellow flags yet.

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

And of course you can. You are stuck in the thought patterns he applied to you. Not that he is some cult leader, but this is the byproduct of his videos. You have to learn to think indepently ; )

alright buddy.

Maybe one day you'll get it. 

This work really isn't about me or Leo or any one particular person.

The way you realize what reality is and how you get to the highest potential as a human being is by becoming as conscious as possible.

Leo isn't the only one who teaches this stuff. You think hundreds of thousands of religious and spiritual traditions from around the world and 

cultures and history is just some messed up thought patterns? 

lol gimme a break. You just haven't done your research.

1 minute ago, Byun Sean said:

Maybe one day you'll get it. 

lol trust me I have comtemplated this through probably more than most people on this forum.

1 minute ago, Byun Sean said:

You just haven't done your research.

This is another symptom of actualized.org . Everybody thinks he is smart because there is the feeling of "knowing something others don't know". See I don't want to convince you its your thing what you want to believe.

2 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

This work really isn't about me or Leo or any one particular person.

Again, I didn't say this. This is what you make up. In any way there is a person around any movement. And every act has a lot of influence. If this person acts narcisstic and sub-communicates stuff which is not good for a persons development - even this is not intended - it can cause a huge damage.

5 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

Leo isn't the only one who teaches this stuff. You think hundreds of thousands of religious and spiritual traditions from around the world and 

cultures and history is just some messed up thought patterns? 

I don't know why you feel offended. Maybe because you identify with actualized.org ; ) I think Leo is cool but somehow also disappointed me, because I was like you till the awakening came.

Left means not right

15 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

but these house of cards has no strong grounding

Isn't this at its heart an argument for following a more traditional path? Like joining a Buddhist lineage or a Christian church, for example. I mean, if you're looking for wisdom from a living teacher you need to accept that not everything he/she does, says, or teaches is going to be perfect.

4 minutes ago, Boethius said:

I mean, if you're looking for wisdom from a living teacher you need to accept that not everything he/she does, says, or teaches is going to be perfect.

There are teachers out there you are more mature and really embody higher concioussness values. Leo better than many teachers and he is not a bad teacher. He just disappointed me.

4 minutes ago, Boethius said:

Isn't this at its heart an argument for following a more traditional path? Like joining a Buddhist lineage or a Christian church, for example.

Nope, there is no particular path at all. You have to find out for yourself what you follow.

Left means not right

There are teachers out there you are more mature and really embody higher concioussness values.

Oh ok, I see what you mean.

Nope, there is no particular path at all. You have to find out for yourself what you follow.

So what we're talking about then is trust, no?

11 minutes ago, Boethius said:

So what we're talking about then is trust, no?

Nope, you can get truth out of his teachings. It is about that he is just unauthentic and this seems fake to me, because he did use all this exaggerations and was bragging etc. .

And it is not about that I want to trust him or anybody should. If any person would ask the question of trust the person would probably be more aware. And then certain sub-communications about conciosness-dualities, people-judgement, person-cult or anything else would less apply. But trust itself doesn't play any role.

Now it doesn't matter anymore what he says explicitly. Because, explicitly as I said you can say many things. The picture which is drawn is important. If he says you have to be aware to not think in dualities it doesn't change much.

Maybe he is not unauthentic to you. We don't have to have this discussion, I don't want to stop you from anything doing, believing etc. . 

Left means not right

7 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Maybe he is not unauthentic to you. We don't have to have this discussion, I don't want to stop you from anything doing, believing etc. . 

I started following him because of his videos on Spiral Dynamics (which is not something he invented, of course). I came to the forums to engage in discussions around SD. I've found wisdom in some of his videos about interpersonal communication and dynamics, but I haven't gone down the rabbit hole regarding his views on the "higher level" topics like consciousness or reality. Not sure I'm greatly interested in doing as much, in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

yeah, but most of them havent really integrated the logical side into it like leo does, neither do they grab people by the current collective paradigm. They just wait till someone is up there already. There is the value of actualized.org.

As I said, there is value ; )

Left means not right

@Uchral

6 hours ago, Uchral said:

I think Leo Gura is cult leader.

Ok, cool. How did you come to the conclusion he's a cult leader?

Also, for people fed up of Leo for whatever reason, I listened to this music, and it returns you to a normal vibrational state. Here it is:

Some people think he's delusional, some people think he's not delusional..

I think maybe he's delusional, or maybe he's not, how could I know?

But I don't think this is a cult, since this doesn't fill all the criterions for it.

Yawn.

Edited by Blackhawk

On the issue of whether this is a cult, maybe not in the conventional sense of same place location but arguably it's a psychological cult, an online cult for many people here.  People have said "oh, it's just group dynamics" but group dynamics doesn't have to involve some absurd, over-the-top worship and idealization of a leader like with many people here (some on this thread.) In other words, it shares many classic characteristics of a cult.

For many people here their first major contact with spirituality was through Leo's content.  It's like they're attached to him as their spiritual mommy or daddy.  And clearly most didn't bother reading the books on that list, or if they did it didn't have much effect, because they were so spoonfed Leo's takes on spiritual matters (as well as himself!) that nothing was left for critical contemplation and discernment.  

So there was a big element of brainwashing and indoctrination involved.  But this isn't entirely Leo's fault - Leo is just being Leo, he is who he is and does what he does.  It's equally the fault of many people here, who suffer from a need to be spoonfed knowledge and information, and don't bother approaching learning in an independent-minded manner.

A lot of people here need to independently educate themselves on various subjects, not just spirituality.  Otherwise, you're in essence suffering as a cult follower does.

Edited by Haumea2018

1 hour ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Leo Gura shouldn't have done all of this. Especially creating ideas of dualities regarding conciousness.
Or tell people about ideas about dualities regarding development and even he says these are models, it makes people put other people in a box anyways. And then saying how science is a myth makes this whole thing implausible. And talking about implicit understanding doesn't makes it better lol

I get what you're saying but in a sense, if Leo never taught me any of these things then I would have never even seen the beauty of life in a sense? I suppose you're damned if you do damned if you don't? 

6 hours ago, Rilles said:

Dont feed the troll.

Exactly what I thought after the last comment with 5meo :D

7 hours ago, Uchral said:

I think Leo Gura is cult leader.

7 hours ago, Uchral said:

@AtheisticNonduality After years of watching his contents, He gradually became a delusional man. It's better to stay away this man because his contents will make you confuse about reality and waste your time. 

You guys are pretty defensive about him, I understand. Because you guys probably watched a ton of his contents. 

He obviously parasitizing on you guys. You guys are feeding him so that he can smoke his 5-MeO-DMT. 

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

If you want to do a critique of my work, go ahead. But actually do it. Don't do this pathetic "he's a cult leader" stuff. Actually state which of the things I say are false and why. The way you say "cult" shows that you don't even know what a cult is or how cult leaders operate. Maybe actually read some books about it on my book list, or watch my Cult Psychology videos.

If I am so wrong, then the things I say should be very easy for you to deconstruct. If you were serious about truth-seeking you would not be here using ad hominem smears.

This work has nothing to do with me. It does not hinge on me personally nor should anything I say be taken as a belief -- which I have repeatedly told you guys from day 1. If you cannot personally verify something I say, then it is not true.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.