Uchral

Is Leo Gura Delusional?

58 posts in this topic

Let's assume that Leo Gura is delusional, and all his "followers" are blinds.

What does it make of you, the one who registered to the forum and submitted this claims?

I for one don't waste my time going into churches or cults to tell them they are delusional. 

Sorry to ruin it for you pal, but don't waste our time with you unsophisticated, non-humoristic, boring style of troll. 

Yes and no.  To different degrees. Just like everyone else as @bejapuskas said. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I think Leo wants to help people, but at the same time he overestimates himself and this gets mixed up with marketing strategies.

This leads people to think that Leo Gura is someone "special" who has reached levels of consciousness that no one has reached before. Which is quite unlikely and doesn't look like it. "The real deal" as people say about Teal Swan.

There's also a little spark of narcissism. All of which disappointed me, because I was always looking for a role model and thought I had found one. Only to find out he's just a normal YouTuber interested in spirituality lol

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

3 hours ago, Uchral said:

@AtheisticNonduality  It's better to stay away this man because his contents will make you confuse about reality and waste your time. 

The only way to become confused is to be delusional in the first place. Only a person grounded in beliefs can lose the ground beneath his feet.

Leo is delusional to the mind that doesnt understand where he is coming from. Leo is an advanced and developed person, people dont like to hear that but its true. Hes 50 years ahead of you, thats why you cant understand him. 

...but if you take his work seriously for 5-10 years eventually you wont think hes that crazy anymore. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles Don't eat the troll :P

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Just now, Gesundheit said:

@Rilles Don't eat the troll :P

Couldnt help myself. :(

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I'd say that there are some cultish dynamics on actualized.org; the whole student teacher dynamic and the praise of Leo as if he's some superior godly being. I think the cult dynamics are more reinforced from the side of the "student" than the "teacher" in this case though. Some people on here are obsessed with him. 

The only thing that I don't particularly like about Leo is that he doesn't shut down people's illusions regarding him often enough. It is hard to say what would happen to you in such a position of fame and power. I think he handles it better than many people would in his place. That said, I'd like to see him show more signs of humbleness and honesty.

Some spiritual teachers obviously run cults imo, Benthino Massaro is a prime example.

Edited by traveler

54 minutes ago, traveler said:

I'd say that there are some cultish dynamics on actualized.org; the whole student teacher dynamic and the praise of Leo as if he's some superior godly being. I think the cult dynamics are more reinforced from the side of the "student" than the "teacher" in this case though. Some people on here are obsessed with him. 

The only thing that I don't particularly like about Leo is that he doesn't shut down people's illusions regarding him often enough. It is hard to say what would happen to you in such a position of fame and power. I think he handles it better than many people would in his place. That said, I'd like to see him show more signs of humbleness and honesty.

Some spiritual teachers obviously run cults imo, Benthino Massaro is a prime example.

He not only doesn't shut it down but reinforces it.

Think about the blog video where he was talking about his book. This was too much. It was so ridiculous and disappointing or eye opening, that he is just a big mouth with talking but nothing behind.

And then all these excuses why he isn't that successful like he is supposed to be. Narcissist say this all the time. The truth is he just doesn't deliver the results because he is not that what he says he is. I think he misuses his responsibility and then covers it with talking about responsibility. Now this isn't delusional? 

Then afterwards he acts more humble again. Like some toxic person who says is changing but actually isn't.

Left means not right

There is most certainly delusional aspects about Leo. 

Dont take his teachings as some absolute truth, apply his own teachings onto his own teachings.

And take his videos with a pinch of salt.

Leo Gura is a online marketer interesting and marketing in spirituality.

He is good in sumarizing existing stuff and combine it with mediocre contemplations, which has its value. And he put much effort in it, but there are more talented people out there and he should humble himself.

Left means not right

1 minute ago, SS10 said:

There is most certainly delusional aspects about Leo. 

Dont take his teachings as some absolute truth, apply his own teachings onto his own teachings.

And take his videos with a pinch of salt.

Of course, I did never believe that. It was inspiring at the beginning, but now there is such a disgusting aftertaste and it is hard to get out of it because i have developed a habit x D

Left means not right

@Uchral

thats because when you teach advanced spiritual teachings you are bound to come off as crazy to people operating at a lower level of 

awareness.

Spiritual work is not about adopting another belief system like a cult but rather raising your awareness so much that you transcend beliefs entirely.

Raise your awareness sufficiently through practices like meditation, kriya yoga, self inquiry etc and you'll see what is being 

said.

Edited by Byun Sean

18 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

Raise your awareness sufficiently through practices like meditation, kriya yoga, self inquiry etc and you'll see what is being 

said.

This is also such a thing. You never can now if the person talking about the stuff has understand it by himself.

You also don't know how "developed" the conciousness of "another" being actually is. This makes it easier for people to create the perception, that they are higher developed. Especially if they say "they always look for ways they are deluded". A not-deluded person would not express that, but just do it.

And then there is also the thing with that the person talking about the stuff makes the impression, the other person should have the responsibility. So when something does go wrong, it is not this persons fault. Online marketer do this all the time. They sell products e.g. for business development and then they say it is up to you, when you fail you fail. And then they talk about taking responsibility and leadership but at the same time they don't do it.

Leo Gura shouldn't have done all of this. Especially creating ideas of dualities regarding conciousness.
Or tell people about ideas about dualities regarding development and even he says these are models, it makes people put other people in a box anyways. And then saying how science is a myth makes this whole thing implausible. And talking about implicit understanding doesn't makes it better lol

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

This is pure chaos lol. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

This is also such a thing. You never can now if the person talking about the stuff has understand it by himself.

You also don't know how "developed" the conciousness of "another" being actually is. This makes it easier for people to create the perception, that they are higher developed. Especially if they say "they always look for ways they are deluded". A delusional person would not express that, but just do it.

And then there is also the thing with that the person talking about the stuff makes the impression, the other person should have the responsibility. So when something does go wrong, it is not this persons fault. Online marketer do this all the time. They sell products e.g. for business development and then they say it is up to you, when you fail you fail. And then they talk about taking responsibility and leadership but at the same time they don't do it.

Leo Gura shouldn't have done all of this. Especially creating ideas of dualities regarding concioussness.

Bro think about how absurd it is.

What does Leo have to gain out of making this stuff into a cult.

like 99 percent of his content and teachings are given out for free. Access to the forum is free. 

He's definitely not doing it for the money. Even if he was a cult leader what the hell would he have to gain from you by posting some youtube 

videos.

Anyways. You yourself when you are debating with people and yourself about whether the teachings are legit or not is not helpful to you.

You see what your doing. Your trying to get yourself to believe one way or the other. 

But Leo gives you a method to go beyond belief. He constantly says "don't believe anything I say. Verify for yourself

what I say is true for you."

But the method he gives to do so transcends belief. Most people have no idea how to know anything without believing one way or the other.

And of course your'e very attached to your precious beliefs in order 

to feel safe and secure in the world.

1 minute ago, Byun Sean said:

What does Leo have to gain out of making this stuff into a cult.

I didn't said this and not meant it. He did all this out of unconcious decisions. But this doesn't matter, because responsibility remains responsiblity.

It is his ego. He certainly contributed good stuff, but these house of cards has no strong grounding.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

3 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

He constantly says "don't believe anything I say. Verify for yourself

what I say is true for you."

Saying this explicitly is not enough. It is about the sub-communication. And this is the strongest form of communication.

Left means not right

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I didn't said this and not meant it. He did all this out of unconcious decisions. But this doesn't matter, because responsibility remains responsiblity.

bro who gives a flux capacitor if he did it consciously or unconsciously. We can never technically prove that for sure can we.

All that matters to you is that its a resource. You get to decide whether what is said here is true or not. You get to decide if you self actualize or not.

Leo is just an avatar. Leo is a distraction.