LfcCharlie4

Stage Orange Minimalism?

10 posts in this topic

I love Becker, he gives awesome business & investing advice, and his advice is great for cycling into phases of life where you just need to get shit done- business, exam season, whatever it is etc 

However, this video to me shows the clear SD Stage Orange mindset he has, of only spending money on things that grow his net worth, as that’s what he sees as most important, which is fair enough, whatever makes you happy right. 

he also seems like an Enneagram type 5 which are natural minimalists, they thrive alone & with little to concentrate on their pursuits. 

My question, is how do we find our own form of minimalism (what is meaningful to us) and find that balance between enjoying “things & life” and your LP, business & career. 

This form of minimalism has never appealed to me at all (Enneagram type 7, Scorpio) and if anything I want to use money to experience more of life as well as grow it, so should we all just follow our good feeling? 

Ive never really found their to be any form of blanket life philosophy (minalmism, Veganism etc) that works universally.

Also, I feel this minimalism is quite a masculine thing to do, and can lead one dow a kind of toxic path of less at all costs & into some sort of Compeition, like the complete opposite of mindless consumerism. 

what’s everyone’s thoughts? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

To me, it's important to have hobbies and to be willing to spend on them, they're like mini-passions. ¬¬

@fridjonk me too! 

I can’t ever see myself as being extreme minimalist as Becker, I enjoy way too many things too much! 

I think it comes down to values. 

if you’re solely concerned with maximising your net worth & income at all costs, this is by far the best route.

But, if you value other things more, that improve your quality of life, even if you like “stuff”, then indulge as you see fit. 

I do think minimalism is great for realising what’s important instead of mindless consumption though! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Yeah, I think he must've not heard the quote "enjoy the process".

He obviously likes money, but why? I feel like he's in the so common trap of time scarcity, trying to rack up as much money as possible for "the future", and then it comes and he'll still have the same minimalist mindset because now it's rooted into his being. And he'll never spend a dime of all that hard work he put in. And so he dies having wasted his life collecting money. I feel like he needs to contemplate this. As smart as he is, he's much too blind. 

20 minutes ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

2 million a month? How?

Scalpers, Pyramid schemes..... take your pick.

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Roy said:

He actually runs a company called Hyros which is very legitimate. You don't have to be a scammer to make 2 mil a month. 

9 hours ago, Roy said:

No offence, that's such a narrow minded response, he runs Hyros, I have a few friends that use his Ad Tracking and it is really good, then he trades Crypto & NFTs, no doubt he knows what he's doing there as he literally has all his free time to spend on it haha. 

11 hours ago, fridjonk said:

Yeah, I think he must've not heard the quote "enjoy the process".

He obviously likes money, but why? I feel like he's in the so common trap of time scarcity, trying to rack up as much money as possible for "the future", and then it comes and he'll still have the same minimalist mindset because now it's rooted into his being. And he'll never spend a dime of all that hard work he put in. And so he dies having wasted his life collecting money. I feel like he needs to contemplate this. As smart as he is, he's much too blind. 

That's the thing, if he does it as its what makes him the happiest, fair play, and I think the working does, but the stacking money for the sake of it continuously just doesn't make that much sense, especially as he gets into the 10s then 9 figures. 

He's also said how he's trying to seek fulfilment beforehand, I think he's just gone from the extreme of 'Objects will make me happy, buy them all!!' 

To now, ' okay Objects didn't work so let's get rid of every last one.' 

I look forward to the day he reads a Non-Dual book, or has some sort of awakening. 

At the end of the day, if it works for him that's amazing, I just don't think this way of life is ideal for many people, and that's not to say Lambos & Private Jets are either, I think its all about finding 'Your Way' instead of 'The Way' as there is no 'Way' that is right for everyone. 

13 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

No offence, that's such a narrow minded response, he runs Hyros, I have a few friends that use his Ad Tracking and it is really good, then he trades Crypto & NFTs, no doubt he knows what he's doing there as he literally has all his free time to spend on it haha. 

I know I've watched a decent amount of his vids. I'm just stirring the pot a bit don't mind me.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy haha all good, but I’m very much used to people online instantly calling any rich person a scammer / fraud / liar etc ?

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I like the idea of "essentialism" a bit better than "minimalism".

Instead of asking, "what do I have to give up?", an essentialist would ask, "what do I want to go big on?".

This is a shift from focussing on quantity to quality.

I agree very much, focusing on what you want & what you value in life is valuable introspection we should all do, like you said when I hear minimalism it feels Like (to me at least) I have to give up things I don’t want to, e.g. you couldn’t have a spacious house, or fashion you like as it’s not “needed” which is a little bit silly to me