GreenLight

Forgiveness or revenge, any other decision in this duality?

10 posts in this topic

Just imagine.

Imagine you being raped or robbed by someone. You have been told that you manifested it for some purpose.

Imagine you get angry at someone. You are being told that you project your own issues onto someone else.

Imagine you have genuine spiritual questions and you get the usual non-dual answer here on the forum.

Image taking a golfklubb and beating the shit out of these people for being &#$#(.

I have learned from the spiritual comunity that: 

- When you are being beat down. Just allow the punches to hit you. Cause you manifested it.

- When you are being robbed. Remember that Zen koan and give everything to the robber. Also wish him good day.

- Let the authorities run you over while you deny yourself to get a lawyer. As it is bad to fight because you are spiritual.

Okay, maybe that has not so much to do with the question.

I heard Matt Kahn saying something like " If you allow yourself to be abused, then you are perpetuating abuse in this world"

Another figure from the love&light community did a example by suing some of his perpetrators to get justice. He got al lot of backlash from the community but i know he did the right thing.

Worst thing is being passive and allow others to run you over and over again, while you believe that you are forgiving them by allowing them to do that. It is the best bullshit story of the century in my opinion.

I could settle down by blindly believing that karma is gonna get back but i think karma explained today is not how the old masters or the real law behind the word "karma"  is meant to work. So i cannot have much faith in that. 

I believe karma is forgiving and compassionate if we are so. Then also i believe much accidents happen beyond the controll of karma.

So, i should be forgiving and compassionate toward perpetrators.

But when should I stand up for myself and others and how is the best way to do so?

Do someone have a video where someone adresses this issue? I think it is rare to find anything like Matt Kahn spoke about in the spiritual community.

Namaste

I don't want to be too blunt but I want to tell you that this way of thinking is a huge misunderstanding of the teachings and thus a big trap. A few years ago I thought the same way until I have been realizing that it had been used as an excuse not to take responsibility (and this process still goes on). For example someone treats you very poorly and doesn't respect your boundaries you just let go of the thought story and tell the person that you don't want to ve treated like that and you won't accept that and so you deal with the situation. 

The thing is that one has to take his own well being into account too, so that you have also compassion for yourself and set up boundaries and respect your own desires and not repress them. By doing so and without hurting others unnecessarily you'll do others a favor as well. 

It's a fine balance and one has to be conscious enough to see that and act accordingly. 

The law of karma isn't a legalistic thing and ultimatively not explainable but rather a thing to experience. Noone is punished but one feels his thoughts and the color the way you look at the world. 

To answer your question I propose to find out what forgiving and revenge is all about. Invest a lot of time in that and see is from multiple perspectives and go really deep. A hint might be the words "suffering" and " letting go" and "love". I think it's better to find it out by yourself because the real problem comes from (everybody starts off this way so noone is to blame) just acquiring believes in the first place. It might take you months but it's worth it. :-) 

Good luck!

Edited by Seeker531

Don't forget inaction or passive aggressiveness where you fake forgiveness and deep down you want revenge. Which is the worst IMO.

5 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Worst thing is being passive and allow others to run you over and over again, while you believe that you are forgiving them by allowing them to do that. It is the best bullshit story of the century in my opinion.

True. What's interesting though is why it happens. That's usually the fake saint disguise where you act that way only because you think that people will accept you and love you more. So counter-intuitively and quite ironically it's coming from the same place of selfishness and survival needs as in other people.

I got two great answer and that's enough for today. Thank you guys for sharing!

Transcendence/ becoming nobody.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Being present doesn't mean being a doormat.

It means accepting the reality of the present moment, and taking action where action is required.

A fully Awake, fully conscious human being has the love, compassion, and energy to make change for the better whenever it's possible, the equanimity to accept what can't be changed, and the wisdom to know the difference.

- John Yates, The Mind Illuminated

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

19 hours ago, Moksha said:

Being present doesn't mean being a doormat.

It means accepting the reality of the present moment, and taking action where action is required.

A fully Awake, fully conscious human being has the love, compassion, and energy to make change for the better whenever it's possible, the equanimity to accept what can't be changed, and the wisdom to know the difference.

- John Yates, The Mind Illuminated

Had this understanding forgotten in the back of my head. Thanks for reminding me.

@GreenLight I'm glad it was helpful ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Bro of course you don't tell people deep metaphysical insights straight up 

when they are in pain.

When they are in pain they need help dealing with the pain first. 

They don't need to know they manifested it or anything.

Those kind of insights can potentially help them after we help them with their pain.

Your thinking is a very black and white sort of interpretations of certain spiritual teachings. 

OF course when someones raping you or robbing you. Don't just stand there.

BEAT the living shit out of them until your safe.

3 hours ago, Byun Sean said:

Bro of course you don't tell people deep metaphysical insights straight up 

when they are in pain.

When they are in pain they need help dealing with the pain first. 

They don't need to know they manifested it or anything.

Those kind of insights can potentially help them after we help them with their pain.

Your thinking is a very black and white sort of interpretations of certain spiritual teachings. 

OF course when someones raping you or robbing you. Don't just stand there.

BEAT the living shit out of them until your safe.

This is the reason i post on the forum. I seem to miss these obvious insights. Thankfully i have y'all here to point it out for me.